TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part III (merged thread)

2,896 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Muni me! Congrats on getting an email to submit the DS-160 and medical! you're almost there! Super exciting! We did a K1 too and my fiance is actually currently in the air over London flying to USA. She should be here shortly and has already done immigration at the Abu Dhabi International Airport per-clearance facility. Surprisingly our timeline is very similar. I submitted the K1 application back in May of 2013 and in October got asked to resubmit the medical. Interview was in Feb 2014. Let me try to answer your questions:

1. Yes, this is your ISL number

2. If no one has ever filed any other petition on your fiance's behalf before this K-1 application, the answer is No. My fiance had never applied nor had anyone ever applied for her before the K1 application so the answer was No. It's the same application that is still in process that is why it remains a No.

3. They do a vaccine check at the medical i believe. Unfortunately I do not have this information with me and I can't even ask my fiance at the moment. I believe when you go for medical they check if you've had the appropriate necessary vaccines according to US law and if you haven't, they then notify you and you simply get them from the medical place. I could be wrong though.

4. I just scanned her passport size photo, saved it as a JPEG and uploaded it on the site. You also might be asked to submit two passport size photos along with the DS-160. We were asked to submit two photographs along with the DS-160 adn medical so we did that too. Not a big deal at all.

All the best! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Congrats fauji18 on your visa and thanks a lot for the answers!

That clears up all my questions. Cant wait to submit the application tomorrow with all their forms and see how long it takes for the fingerprints to come through. They already emailed my fiance saying to send our stuff asap so we can get fingerprinting appointment :D I can see the light at the end of this tunnel.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Cograts.

How often did they update your case status on CEAC? Your experience please?

Hallelujah Alhamdulillah my fiance finally got an email to submit the ds160 and medical form. I'm a silent reader since i was stuck in AP for almost 3 years. His interview was jan 2013 and got placed in AP after they needed a document but even after submitting just was a long wait.

My questions for people who have filled out the ds160 recently are the following:

1. It asks for the application receipt/petition #. Is that my ISL number or the # on my NOA2?

2. It asks if anyone has ever filed immigration petition on your behalf. Considering I filed petition for my fiance 3 years ago would that mean yes someone has filed since we've been stuck in this AP for 3 years?

3. It asked for documentation to establish he has received vaccines in accordance to US law. I thought fiance visa people don't need vaccines prior to arrival except possibly just the polio one. Is that not the case? If so does the MD give him the docs with his medical showing appropriate documents proving so?

4. It asks to upload your photo. Do you have to upload your passport photo here? isnt it attached on some paper instead? It wont move forward to next screen unless a photo is added.

Thanks in advance to all the people who may answer this!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Cograts.

How often did they update your case status on CEAC? Your experience please?

Sure most of it is on my timeline but Fiance had almost a 40 minute interview in jan 2013. The CO seemed pretty nice and was just like a long conversation. She took all his forms/evidence. My fiance was divorced from years ago but apparently the nadra official form didnt count so they made him get one from a judge. He also needed to submit a police cert from another country since he lived in UK previously. CO said we would have visa in 4 months after submitted and told him he's approved but that he has to go through processing and that it would be cleared once he submits forms. Waited a long long time since then with 1 medical done in between with updates here and there but mainly after either me or my congresswoman office emailing. Last year October we had almost 7-8 updates we thought we would get our visa but then again nothing. Finally now got an email to submit forms and then after submitted they said we will be called for fingerprinting.

Timeline

My husband's here! POE was very quick and easy, no questions asked, took 15 mins

event.png

Ek shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ek sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar...

Interview: September 5, 2014 Second Interview:

July 1, 2015

Result: Administrative Processing Result: Still administrative processing

July 9, 2015 (senator reply)

mailed documents to embassy september 8 2014 August 4, 2015 (senator reply)

August 13, 2015

August 19 2015

updates: mailed documents to embassy September 1, 2015

September 4, 2015

12 september 2014 September 8 2015 (expiring soon)

16 september 2014 september 9 2015

26 november 2014 september 10 2015 (changed back to AP) received email for medical/ds260 submission

8 december2014 september 12, 2015

6 february 2015 september 17 2015 (email from embassy)

9 february 2015 Submitted medical/ds260 september 18 2015

10 february 2015 september 23, 2015

11 february 2015 september 30 2015 (documents received)

13 february 2015 October 1, 2015

25 february 2015 (senator email) October 6 2015 (call from embassy for fingerprints)

9 march 2015 (senator email) October 7 2015

16 march 2015 october 13 2015

17 march 2015 (call from embassy to submit additional evidence) October 14 2015 ISSUED :dancing:

26 march 2015 (reply to email ) Visa in Hand: October 17 2015

6 april 2015 (documents acknowledged)

9 april 2015

21 may 2015

16 june 2015

17 june 2015

18 june 2015

20 june 2015

24 june 2015

26 june 2015 (call from embassy, second interview call)

1 july 2015

My husband's here! POE was very quick and easy, no questions asked, took 15 mins

Congrates Sarahch :)

Hi all sorry I have been busy for a while and not been on VJ, I hope some of old members got their visa's if no I wish everyone good luck In this hard process.

Timeline

Hi guys please help me by answering my queries. Thank u.

I have a few questions while helping my wife fill up her Ds260.

1. In one part it asks for spouses address. If i being the spouse am currently living outside usa and pakistan in another country for work purposes, then shud i writr other and my other countries address or should i still use my permanent usa address?

2. On th same page it asks if your spouse is immigrating to us with you? Now by immigrating do they mean actually moving to the us or do they mean if spouse is also applying for immigrant visa?

3. Same as question 2 above for children. When she was filling up the children section, it asked if the children are immigrating to us with her? Again does it mean going to go to usa with her, then yes ofcourse they will. But if they mean if they are also applicants to a us immigrant visa, then no. Coz our children are already usa citizens. So its a confusing question to me. Yes they are immigrating to usa with their mother but they do not need a visa for that. So what should i mark for this wuestion?

4. In a later part, it asks informstion about the petitioner. Here ofcourse i out my name and place of birth etc. but again it asks petitioners address. So here i would out my permanent usa address correct and not my current work address in a third country?

Pls help me with the above. Thanks for the info.

Regards.

Timeline

1. Use your USA address

2. answer NO

3. answer NO

4. Use your USA address

Remember in order to get an immigrant visa the petitioner is supposed to have a residence in the USA. Also your USA address is where the social security card and green card will arrive.

Someone please correct this if I have given the wrong information in any answer!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yay!!

K-1 I-129F Sent : 2012-04-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-03

I-129F RFE(s) :NONE!!! Praise GOD!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-11-07

NVC Received : 2012-11-13

NVC Left : 2012-11-28

Consulate Received : 2012-12-03

Packet 3 Received : 2012-12-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-12-15

Packet 4 Received : 2012-12-20

Interview Date : 2013-01-18

Interview Result : Administrative Review

2013-11-20 Embassy requested new medical, pictures and DS160.2014-02-24 Fingerprints and Oath (But was told AP was still in place).Ceac Status:2014-03-06 Creation date changed and also changed from immigrant to non-immigrant.2014-04-08 and 2014-04-11

Status Updates 2014-04-15 "ISSUED" To God be the glory!!!

2014-04-19 Visa in hand.2014-04-21

POE 2014-06-01 Married!

AOS 2014-07-19 AOS/EAD/AP

Mailed 2014-07-21

NOA 12014-08-18

Biometrics 2014-09-23

EAD/AP Combo Card Received2015-01-03

Received Potencial Interview Waiver Notice2015-05-01

Submitted Service Request2015-05-08 Reponse to Service Request "File is in transit to Washington District office 2015-05-19"

Mailed Renewal of EAD/AP2015-05-26

USCIS Received EAD/AP Applications 2015-06-04

NOA 1 & Biometrics Appointment 2015-06-17

Biometrics 2015-06-09 2nd Service Request (No answer)

2015-07-10 Status of EAD/AP Changed to "Card in production"2015-07-10

3rd Service Request 2015-07-17

Received EAD 2015-07-21

2016-24-07 Still Waiting!!! 2 YEARS!!!!No interview, No Greencard

Timeline

Case got update today it was update on oct 19 and 20 and after that today on nov 4th hope some thing good come out for us too inshAllah

Hi folks! Fiance is here. Her POE was at the Abu Dhabi Pre-Clearance facility. It was smooth and easy peasy. Below were the questions:

Where are you going?

Oh! It's super cold there right now. What if you don't like it there?

When are you getting married?

Is it love or arranged?

Congratulations, all the best and welcome to USA.

The officer was very friendly and nice. The questions were not grilling questions but more like chit chat questions to kill time while he did the paperwork. Time to continue on with life now. Best of luck to all those still waiting and our prayers are with them. My fiance also told me that they had interpreters at the Pre-Clearance facility and people were utilizing them. This is a nice touch and I haven't seen such during my time here or perhaps never bothered knowing. The officer's were even asking people if they needed interpreters. So far both my fiance and I, both have used the Abu Dhabi Pre-Clearance facility and we both love it! Especially the fact that you're done and land in the states as a domestic flight! Rock solid!

*Edit due to a bloody typo!

Edited by fauji18

Timeline

1. Use your USA address

2. answer NO

3. answer NO

4. Use your USA address

Remember in order to get an immigrant visa the petitioner is supposed to have a residence in the USA. Also your USA address is where the social security card and green card will arrive.

Someone please correct this if I have given the wrong information in any answer!

Thanks carolyn. Yes i agree that this usa address is a requirement for a petitioner. However i wasnt sure if they are asking for my permanent or current address. As i do have a residence in usa as my permanent address but i am working for a few months abroad and have a current address in that country. But i guess ur right, i will use my usa address in both sections.

Also it asks in a separate question where you intend to live in usa so ofcourse that address is also going to be the same. But it asks name of person oiving at this address. So again should i put my name or mother who iks currently at that home? Im assuming mine again right? Im asking this as i dont want them telling her she made a wrong statement about my address when i am currently not at that address for a couple of months. What do u think?

And lastly, when i mark no for the questions regarding whether your spouse and children are immigrating with you, it asks if they are joining you at a later date, so again im assuming that would be no too right?

Thanks so much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.