8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody!

I am feeling so frustrated about my case right now. I came to US as K1 holder and entered US thru POE at Vancouver BC in Feb this year. I filed my I-485 adjustment of status for green card in March. Then we had the green card interview in Oct. At the interview the officer told me that I was approved, however, they did not have my K1 visa packet so she could not issue me green card yet. She said she will issue the green card after she receive it. However, it's been several weeks and I haven't heard anything yet. I looked online and in this forums as well and found there some other people's cases were similar like mine. As I entered the US nine months ago, and the USCIS should have had my K1 packet long time ago. So I am suspecting my K1 visa packet got lost somewhere, either at the POE or at USCIS office.

Is there anyone have the similar experiences like this? What should I do now in order to get my green card earlier? I would really appreciate if anyone could offer any advice and help! Thanks a lot!

Lynn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the officer is referring to the A-File. You could call the national hotline, get an ISO (not a trivial thing) and ask for the location of the A-File.

If it's not at the local office where you last interviewe, ask the ISO to make a service request to retrieve the casefile and forward on to the local office.

If no movement within 30 days, engage with the Immigration Liason Staffer at your Congressman's office (there are 3 for you, 2 Senators, 1 Representative) and they can do a Congressional Inquiry for casefile location.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ISO, Immigration Service Officer.

When you get the first human wtih the national call center, that's a CSR, a useless SERCO contractor that cannot see much about your case.

an ISO has a higher level of computer access.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Hello...thanks again for your suggestion. I called USCIS and talked to the ISO. I told him that on the interview the interview officer said the K1 visa packet was missing... So I asked the ISO to check where is my A-file. So he checked for me and said they have sent it and the field officer received my A-file on the 19th. Today is Nov 25, I haven't seen any update on my case yet... is this normal? How much longer will I have to wait?

Timeline

It's sorta 'iffy' now, as casefile movement inside the building is slow.

It hits the receiving dock first, then slowly snakes its way into the building, winding up on the IO's desk.

If the local office is nearby, I suggest you go there, with a letter in an envelope, drop it in the lockbox (asking the guard to let you in to drop it)

In the letter, address it to the Adjustment of Status Supervisor, telling him/her that the casefile is in the building, and asking that the casefile be quickly moved to the IO's desk.

That IO has a queue, his-own-self, so bear that in mind.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.