Lauren and Kevin

Filtering out the Philippines?

25 posts in this topic

it'd be easier for the website owner to do some coding, filtering them out, instead.

have you thought it out, along those lines, instead?

Simply filtering out a segment of data would remove useful information from general consumption. A better approach would be the introduction of a view showing processing metrics by service center combined with the beneficiary's country. So, if someone is having their K-1 petition processed at CSC, TSC, or VSC, they can select their respective service center, then choose their country of origin. I think that the results would be quite telling, and make it easier to set expectation based upon scenarios more closely resembling their own.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

we have that, i've used it and seen it. here at VJ.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Well as it stands it is it gives useless information and Igor's list is misleading also. For those who aren't in a transfer or expedited situation... we still have lives, people, property etc. that we need to make decisions on.... and thats just the practical issues... the emotional ones are heartbreaking. Any better (more accurate) solution would certainly be helpful...

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

It has nothing to do with Philippine cases being processed quicker, it has to do with managing expectations of typical processing times for the VJ community. If the site administrator can sort the data without the Philippine beneficiary cases the rest of the community will have a better idea of when their cases will be decided and expectations better managed.

I think its a common advice from VJ users to expect the normal 5 month time frame instead of basing your approval dates on how quick others are processed. Even if you take out the Philippine users, the processing estimate still wont be accurate because it still depends on how persevering others are in updating their timelines.

I posted a plea to all from Phillipines and requested them to remove their NOA2 date from their timeline so the system doesn't count them as approved and we get a realistic estimate. My plea was deleted :-( I am renewing my request again to VJ Fillipino members. Please delete your NOA2 date. Thanks in advance :-)

Could have something to do about restricting other users from enjoying VJ. Just a guess. Can always ask a mod I guess.

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

At least your beneficiary had a home the past 5 months. May Filipino beneficiaries still do not have homes, making it very difficult to receive mail to process their visas. It goes well beyond priority at this point as it is a necessity they [Filipinos] have their cases handled first.

Yeah right. Many of the people that are coming on the K1 Visa were no affected by the tsunami. Other countries, believe it or not, have conditions that are much worse than what you see over there. Come on.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife coming here before Yolanda was 10 months and 4 days, but after the typhoon hit, expedite was most surely needed, I am not sure if it is still in effect, but I see a lot of quick Filipino approvals, but the typhoon, ""has never been recovered from"" as power still has not been restored to many areas, and so many people, were never found.,.,.

It is debatable if a Filipino expedite is still in need, but with my wife from that country, I know many still suffer, and, "how would you like to go to bed tonight in a card board box?"

It is still happening, in one of the most populated areas of the Phils.!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My understanding of the purpose of this thread was not about whether or not the expedites/transfers etc were fair, but about having a more reliable source to assess time frames for approvals for those (the majority) not in that situation. We all have lives to get on with and this floating in limbo is not easy.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you all for your responses to my original question, and yes you are right - the thread is about how we can use the information best to try and cope better with the heartbreaking and frustrating delays - by seeing that the end is coming, and that wonderful approval is in hand !

I am so impressed that with all this pressure, everyone here strives so hard to understand and support each other in each other's different situations - we are all individually worthy and helping each other is what this is all about.

I shall certainly look into trying to use the special filters on the K1 spreadsheet list to try and work out a better individual date, but even now at 5 months, I'm ringing the free number (using skype) every day to get my status.

I think, hope and pray as a June Filer that I will get a Christmas Present of an NOA2 - good wishes and happiness to all of you who replied to my thread !

Thank you all for your responses to my original question, and yes you are right - the thread is about how we can use the information best to try and cope better with the heartbreaking and frustrating delays - by seeing that the end is coming, and that wonderful approval is in hand !

Basing from the timeline list, the most recent NOA2 sent out by Texas to a non-filipino beneficiary had NOA1 dated 06/02/2014. Someone with NOA1 of 06/06/2014 got their NOA2 last week too.

Specifically for UK K-1 filers, the last one to receive a NOA2 had NOA1 dated 06/05/2014. Good news is that someone with NOA1 of 6/12/14 got approved recently too so the decision for your application might come real soon. Just hang on a little bit more, you're almost there. Good luck :)

image.jpg

Edited by iammrsregi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.