Mr. Big Dog

Boehner opts for Obamacare over Medicare

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Looks like the Speaker loves himself some Obamacare.

Boehner opts for Obamacare over Medicare

By Jennifer Haberkorn

11/18/14 11:41 AM EST

House Speaker John Boehner became eligible for Medicare when he turned 65 years old Monday, but he’s not planning to sign up.

Instead, Boehner is going to keep his “expensive” Obamacare insurance plan.

The Affordable Care Act required members of Congress to get off the federal government’s insurance plan and, in most cases, enroll in an Obamacare policy. When members turn 65, they become eligible for Medicare as well.

When asked at a press conference on Tuesday about his health care coverage plans, he paused and laughed.

“I’ll continue to purchase my expensive health care coverage,” he said in an obvious nod to his Obamacare policy.

Last year, Boehner’s office told POLITICO that the speaker bought a policy that cost him $449 per month in premiums with a $1,000 deductible.

Open enrollment for the second year of Obamacare began on Saturday and will end on Feb. 15.

Most Americans — including members of Congress — must enroll in hospital coverage under Medicare. But other parts of the program are voluntary.

I thought you hated him and he was bad for America. Now you are using him as an example to follow

You also tell us how Obama saves the nation them tell us how bad it is for our children

You are a confusing guy

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Of course he does.

When the motley crew speaks of personal responsibility, not taking fed money, not signing up for the ACA, etc, they mean it for everyone else; never for themselves.

The entire country knows that!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I thought you hated him and he was bad for America. Now you are using him as an example to follow

You also tell us how Obama saves the nation them tell us how bad it is for our children

You are a confusing guy

I dislike his politics but that doesn't mean I hate the man. And I am not using him as an example to follow, I just point out the blatant hypocrisy on his part to opt for a program that he claims he wants to rid America of. It's not like he doesn't have options - he does. And he opts for the program he claims is destroying America. Now there's a man of convictions if you ever wanted to see one. :rofl:

ETA: It's not that I'm a confusing guy, it's just that you're quite easily confused. I sometimes feel it's somewhat of a permanent state for you.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Timeline

If you're speaking to a Kool Aid drinking audience I can see how your rationale might be confusing the that particular audience. It must be hard for that audience to understand the clear picture you are describing through the haze and fog of their preconceived notions, phobias and unawareness. That is why I oftentimes resort to pictures, for they allow me to cater to the audience in a manner they can understand without much effort.

I dislike his politics but that doesn't mean I hate the man. And I am not using him as an example to follow, I just point out the blatant hypocrisy on his part to opt for a program that he claims he wants to rid America of. It's not like he doesn't have options - he does. And he opts for the program he claims is destroying America. Now there's a man of convictions if you ever wanted to see one. :rofl:

ETA: It's not that I'm a confusing guy, it's just that you're quite easily confused. I sometimes feel it's somewhat of a permanent state for you.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you're speaking to a Kool Aid drinking audience I can see how your rationale might be confusing the that particular audience. It must be hard for that audience to understand the clear picture you are describing through the haze and fog of their preconceived notions, phobias and unawareness. That is why I oftentimes resort to pictures, for they allow me to cater to the audience in a manner they can understand without much effort.

Impressive. You must have upgraded your translation software. However, it's just another jumble of words thrown together with no real point, except maybe a little backslapping to MBD.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

And it would still make him a hypocrite, after trying to vote down the ACA over 50 times... After all, latching onto the teat is what he was pushing for when he tried to repeal the ACA.

maybe he doesn't understand the man would rather pay for something himself than latch on to the teet

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I can't see how he'd be breaking the law by opting for Medicare. Do you see anything illegal with that? You would expect him to walk his talk, but then again, it's really not at all surprising that he do not.

yes, following the law & opting to pay his own way makes him a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I can't see how he'd be breaking the law by opting for Medicare. Do you? You would expect him to walk his talk, but then again, it's really not at all surprising that he do not.

ok. read this slowly. its the law to have certain health insurance coverage. he is wealthy. so, he's paying his own way. imho the medicare over obamacare option most likely wasn't being pushed for him personally....you up to speed now? Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

I am not even sure why you would assume someone would not be pushing Medicare over the ACA to the men who spent the last two years doing nothing but trying to repeal the ACA.

I am only commenting on the irony and hypocrisy that is apparent with his course of action. I believe for him it should be a moral issue, but he would need to have morals in order to take exception at that level.

ok. read this slowly. its the law to have certain health insurance coverage. he is wealthy. so, he's paying his own way. imho the medicare over obamacare option most likely wasn't being pushed for him personally....you up to speed now?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I am not even sure why you would assume someone would not be pushing Medicare over the ACA to the men who spent the last two years doing nothing but trying to repeal the ACA.

I am only commenting on the irony and hypocrisy that is apparent with his course of action. I believe for him it should be a moral issue, but he would need to have morals in order to take exception at that level.

don't hate on him because he has a better tan than you. he pays for that too.
7yqZWFL.jpg