Na&John

Medical Examination - Brazil - Experience São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello,

since my petition was already sent to the embassy in Rio de Janeiro, Im starting to organize everything for the interview, and it includes the medical examination.

I've already heard good things about Dr. Garrido in Rio de Janeiro, however I live an hour closer to São Paulo than to Rio de Janeiro. So, does someone has experiences to share about Dr. Leite from São Paulo?

Thank you all :D

Timeline

My appointment was with Dr. Garrido last week, however who attended me was a doctor super friendly woman. The consultation gave totaling 490.00 reais (value of consultation, freight exams and class mail to the consulate). He makes a quick scheme and may be even a day before the consulate interview for consultation and tests done on the same day. The RX was 130.00 reais and examining syphilis was 58.00 reais all there near the office.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to MSLA Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey,

My wife and I live in São Paulo, and just wondering if anyone knows if there are only three approved doctors in all of Brazil for this medical? Apprently, there are only SP, Rio and Belo Horizonte. We're calling tomorrow for the appointment in Rio, but just wondering. Also, my wife is a little worried and uncomfortable ahead of the medical, any advice or an idea of how the exam will be, so as to give us an idea of what to expect?

Thanks so much!!

TJJ

Timeline

Hey jworld34, Im almost sure there are only 3 doctors allowed to do this in Brazil. I had my medical examination in Rio and it was super easy. There is no reason to get worried. The x-ray is just a few blocks from the doctor and the blood exam is done at the same building. The doctor is also very nice and make you feel confortable.

My son's fiancée has her medical 9th February but said that the doctor's office is on the other side of Rio than the Embassy! Is this true and any ideas how expensive it would be to take a taxi between the two or is there any easy/cheaper way to get from medical to embassy?

Thank you.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Timeline

Hello Perfect, the doctor is not at the other side of Rio, compared to Rio's size. However, because of the heavy traffic the taxi should cost something around R$40. What she could do to save money is take the metrobus in Leblon which stops at the Gal Osório metro station and then take the metro to Cinelândia (it should be about 7-3minute walking depending where she will exit the station - i dont remember whats the name of the nearest exit). Hope it helps her.

Fantastic - thank you so much!

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.