7 posts in this topic

I have been in US for almost 3 months on CR1 visa and got 10 years GC cause i entered after the second anniversary of marriage, Things are not going well with my USC wife, she always compare our life and my behaviors with other people, she put a sample in her head and want me to be that sample, i think she don't accept me as i am, sometimes she humiliates me that she bring me to US, and one time she threaten me that she would send me back to my mom in my home country.

I don't say neither i'm ideal nor don't have mistakes, but i'm feeling bad, i always trying so far to keep our marriage ongoing but she somtimes don't. Now i wanna know my situation if we got divorced, and if she would take either legal or illegal actions against me what is the worst thing would happen to me? Honestly i wanna stay in US, i spent last three years of my life, my focus, my plans and my resources in this relationship, it's hard to me to start over in my country.

Thank you to letting me venting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is your home country?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline

she can not have you deported just because you get divorced and besides your green cards is still god dont worry if it dont work she cant have the green card revoked . lots of mariages dont surive

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Your green card should be safe, even if the marriage does not work out. I would advice marriage counseling to try and salvage the union.

Good luck.

Spoiler
AOS
Day 0 (4/29/14) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765) via Fedex
Day 2 (5/01/14) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 9 (5/08/14) Received NOAs in the mail
Day 13 (5/12/14) Received biometrics appointment for 06/03/14
Day 35 (6/03/14) Biometrics in Houston TX
Day 48 (6/16/14) Received email & text notification of an interview on 8/12/14
Day 65 (7/03/14) EAD card production
Day 77 (7/15/14) Received EAD
Day 105 (8/12/14) Interview (Approved)
Day 111 (8/18/14) GC received in the mail
ROC
Day 0 (5/16/16) I-751 package sent via USPS Certified Priority Mail (3 lb 0.5 oz)
Day 1 (5/17/16) I-751 package received at CSC lockbox
Day 9 (5/25/16) Check appears as pending transaction-Check cashed
Day 39 (6/24/16) Call USCIS to open case inquiry
Day 73 (7/28/16) Received Biometrics Letter
Day 87 (8/11/16) Biometrics Appointment
Day 205 (12/2/16) I-751 Approved
Day 211 (12/8/16) GC received in the mail
N-400
Day 0 (5/23/17) N-400 package sent via Fedex
Day 10 (6/02/17) I-797C NOA Reject Notice - Outdated version of N-400
Day 11 (6/03/17) N-400 package sent via USPS
Day 15 (06/07/17) Credit Card charged USCIS fee
Day 20 (06/12/17) NOA received 
Day 24 (06/16/17) Biometrics Appointment Letter received
Day 36 (06/28/17) Biometrics Appointment
Day 51 (07/13/17) Online Status changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
Day 58 (07/20/17) Interview Letter arrived
Day 86 (08/17/17) Interview Date - Recommended for Approval

henna

Your green card should be safe, even if the marriage does not work out. I would advice marriage counseling to try and salvage the union.

Good luck.

Thank you for the advice, we have solved some discords and things are going well now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you walk in the US and leave your relationship almost immediately your wife might have some luck in reporting you as a fraud especially if you delayed enter until just after the 2nd anniversary for the reason of avoiding ROC. It isn't normal behavior but could happen.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.