silverbear

Does my wife need to inform the Philippine Gov she is married now

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I am an American citizen. We live in NY state. My Filipino wife asked me a question that I can't answer. Does she need to inform the Philippine government that she is married. We were married in 2012. Her concern is that she won't have any problems when going back to the Philippines for visits. Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I am an American citizen. We live in NY state. My Filipino wife asked me a question that I can't answer. Does she need to inform the Philippine government that she is married. We were married in 2012. Her concern is that she won't have any problems when going back to the Philippines for visits. Thanks.

It's fine..just bring marriage cert with her..she can simply answer the immigration in phil...if they asked why the name in her passport and the greencard are different..tell them she will report her marriage when she about to renew her passport so she can change her maiden name to her married name in her passport,the marriage cert will be the best proof.she will be fine.. Edited by hardrockangel

Timeline

Reporting your Marriage to the Philippine Consulate

The marriage of a Filipino should be reported to and registered with the Philippine National Statistics Office through the Embassy/Consulate General having jurisdiction over the locality where the event took place. Please check the Consulate Finder or the Consulates Link for the states covered by the Embassy/Consulates General in the U.S.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS:

1. Four (4) original duly-accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink, signed by both husband and wife. If submitting by mail, the completed forms must be notarized.

2. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned)

3. Four (4) photocopies of a government-issued identification card or passport of both husband and wife

4. Four (4) photocopies of Philippine birth certificate of Filipino spouse

5. Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, or with pre-paid mailing envelope from private courier of choice, if Report of Marriage is to be mailed back.

6. Processing fee of $25.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash, or money order, bank draft, certified check or cashier’s check, made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

7. For applicants residing in U.S. territories or other countries within the jurisdiction of the Philippine Embassy, applicants should enclose a treasurer’s, manager’s or certified check issued by a local bank that has a corresponding bank in the U.S., payable to the courier of choice, in U.S. dollars, to cover cost of mailing, and a corresponding self-addressed courier’s address label. Personal checks are not accepted.

Note: The Philippine Embassy/Consulate General assumes no responsibility for any delay or loss in the mail, or while the documents are in the custody of the courier service. The applicant should note the tracking numbers of all envelopes used and submitted.

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS

A. IF FILIPINO SPOUSE WAS PREVIOUSLY MARRIED AND DIVORCED, OR PREVIOUSLY MARRIED AND MARRIAGE WAS SUBSEQUENTLY ANNULLED

One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Judicial Decree of Divorce or Annulment (original will be returned)

Note: Article 26 of the Family Code of the Philippines or Executive Order No. 209 (as amended by E.O. No. 227, promulgated on 27 July 1987) provides that:

• All marriages solemnized outside the Philippines, in accordance with the laws in force in the country where they were solemnized, and valid there as such, shall also be valid in this country, except those prohibited under Articles 35, 37 and 38.
  • Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law (underlining and highlighting supplied.)

B. IF THE FILIPINO SPOUSE IS A WIDOW / WIDOWER

One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of Death Certificate of deceased spouse (original will be returned)

C. OTHER REQUIREMENTS

The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional proof or documents from an applicant, to prove his/her citizenship or identity pursuant to the Philippine Passport Law (R.A. 8239) and the Foreign Service Act. (R.A. 7157)

Here is the link for ROM form and Delayed Registration:

http://www.chicagopcg.com/forms/rom%20form%202013.pdf

09.06.14- Sent I-129f

09.11.14- NOA1 email

09.15.14- Alien Reg. changed

11.18.14- NOA2

02.02.15- Interview at US Embassy 

02.24.15 - POE San Francisco CA.

Timeline

http://www.newyorkpcg.org/our-services/civil-registry/report-of-marriage

you can visit the phil. consulate in NY here's the link

09.06.14- Sent I-129f

09.11.14- NOA1 email

09.15.14- Alien Reg. changed

11.18.14- NOA2

02.02.15- Interview at US Embassy 

02.24.15 - POE San Francisco CA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to Philippines regional - topic specific to Philippines, not AOS process ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

It's fine..just bring marriage cert with her..she can simply answer the immigration in phil...if they asked why the name in her passport and the greencard are different..tell them she will report her marriage when she about to renew her passport so she can change her maiden name to her married name in her passport,the marriage cert will be the best proof.she will be fine..

Thank you.

Check your Consulate that handles your area. Each Consulate is different (Really!!).

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Just to make my self clear...I just processed my visa in Abu Dhabi..but I'm Filipino Citizen. .just to avoid confusion on my info..thanks ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.