Janelle2002

As Bad As You Think It Is, It's Worse: Wage Theft Comes to America

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My husband made almost that in training in Denmark and we were not meeting ends paycheck to paycheck. A lower wage worker in Denmark is paying a lot more tax than a lower wage worker in America, not only on salary, but on sales tax and transportation fees. The relative cost of traveling the same distance by train in America was around $18 versus $70 on a cheap day in Denmark. Owning a car with less than 2 salaried workers at home or a car and goodness forbid a home? Just not happening.

Eating out, buying clothes, and practically everything else you can think of is more expensive. The average American probably spends under $200 for a stroller (probably less than that), the typical stroller in Denmark is closer to $800. The Subaru we bought this year costs $20,000 more in Denmark. Yes, you read that right, 20k more.

Anyways, our standard of living with similar wages drastically increased by living in America. I'd rather the chance of upward movement and life improvement that can happen in America versus the stagnancy of Denmark.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Timeline

A combo meal at Mikey's D in Atlanta is about 6 bucks. It's about 10 in Denmark. Restaurant prices are 78% higher in Denmark across the board.

A pair of Levi's cost 133.00

Piss poor comparsion

So they make 20 per hour. Consumer prices are 42% higher. An avg meal at a mid level rest is 100% higher

This backs up what most of have said. You jack fast food workers up to 15-20 bucks an hour , you got to jack up an LPN from 18 to 28

and so on and so on and the fast food worker is back to square zero

The fast food worker in Denmark has less buying power than in the uS

More twisted liberal non-sense for the low information vote.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+States&country2=Denmark&city1=Atlanta%2C+GA&city2=Copenhagen

So they make more than 200% of the wage and end up paying 100% more products and services - on the high end. Not a bad deal at all, is it?

So they make more than 200% of the wage and end up paying 100% more products and services - on the high end. Not a bad deal at all, is it?

Taxes, read the post above you. wrong again

Filed: Timeline

Taxes, read the post above you. wrong again

The post above you refer to says that they lived better in the US making about the same as they did in Denmark. There's no dispute on that. $20.00 an hour gets you farther in the US than it does in Europe. But fast food workers are not exactly paid $20.00 an hour here as they are there. And that, my friend, is what we're talking about. You see, unlike you, I have actually lived in Europe. Granted, I don't know Denmark but I imagine it to be not significantly different from that in it's larger neighbor to the south. And there, I can tell you for certain, you will be doing much better making $20.00/hour than you are here making half that. That is what the discussion is about.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The post above you refer to says that they lived better in the US making about the same as they did in Denmark. There's no dispute on that. $20.00 an hour gets you farther in the US than it does in Europe. But fast food workers are not exactly paid $20.00 an hour here as they are there. And that, my friend, is what we're talking about. You see, unlike you, I have actually lived in Europe. Granted, I don't know Denmark but I imagine it to be not significantly different from that in it's larger neighbor to the south. And there, I can tell you for certain, you will be doing much better making $20.00/hour than you are here making half that. That is what the discussion is about.

Yes, unlike in O'bolas' communist America, workers in Europe have weird laws, that prevent employers from turning employees into surfs. Strange how that works, isn't it?

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

A combo meal at Mikey's D in Atlanta is about 6 bucks. It's about 10 in Denmark. Restaurant prices are 78% higher in Denmark across the board.

A pair of Levi's cost 133.00

Piss poor comparsion

So they make 20 per hour. Consumer prices are 42% higher. An avg meal at a mid level rest is 100% higher

This backs up what most of have said. You jack fast food workers up to 15-20 bucks an hour , you got to jack up an LPN from 18 to 28

and so on and so on and the fast food worker is back to square zero

The fast food worker in Denmark has less buying power than in the uS

More twisted liberal non-sense for the low information vote.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+States&country2=Denmark&city1=Atlanta%2C+GA&city2=Copenhagen

Wait, so living standards are worse in Denmark? Mkay.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received