Mohammad Ahmed

Naturalization N400 Application preparation - A few questions please help

22 posts in this topic

Good catch. I hadn't realized that difference myself. Then again I never had to fill out the I-485. This is why people must go over the instructions for each form carefully.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

See number 10 here. http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/nativedocuments/July2008Q%26A.pdf

And see this. http://forums.immigration.com/threads/traffic-tickets-and-naturalization-threads-merged.72799/page-138

I personally know more than 15 people that have answered "no" to these questions and gotten away with them.

My mom and I are waiting for our Oath letters and both answered "No".

At the end of the day, it's upto a personal individual, I suppose. Just use common sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is not a big deal to me..,.,.you are just a typical American, and just getting what happens to most American citizens every day.

As far as the detainment at the airport..,.,,.just not sure.,.,.but if there are 60-70 other people.,.,.then it cannot be a big deal, unless someone is being led away in handcuffs!

That pdf you provided is only repeating what Jimmy Hou and I have been saying. There is no requirement that you attach documentation for the tickets, but you still need to answer yes to the question.

Again, just because people have said no to that question, doesn't mean they were supposed to. Every IO decides whether to make a big deal about it or not, however there is only one "correct" way and that is to answer yes about having been cited.

I'm just going to agree to disagree.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

The answer is NO for both. Traffic stops aren't what they are asking the question about. Airport stop is a usual procedure that even happens to U.S citizens sometimes.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you all for getting involved. I think its easier to decide when you know the possible outcomes....

In my case traffic ticket were issued ( 1 for speeding over 25MPH & 1 for improper left turn from right hand lane) - I pleaded "NOT GUILTY" and my lawyer is working on both ticket from last 1 year. What is he actually doing is taking dates after dates waiting that finally cop will be fed up and give up and he would not show up in the court so ticket can be dismissed by the judge (HOPEFULLY) lol so i spoke to him and he is planing to take alot more dates.

My only fear is that Immigration officer will put my naturalization on hold until these 2 tickets are either dismissed or resulted in points on my license.

( I think the maximum these 2 tickets can do is bring 8 points to my drivers license and may be a few hundred $ fine if any )

So in either case any one think that my case can go on HOLD or 8 points can effect the decision of NATURALIZATION ? If there is absolutely no impact then why not disclose ?

Between The question also arise that if there is no IMPACT at all then why do they even want to know? Why did they not added a phrase that there is no need to include traffic incidents unless drugs and alcohol involved?

This means somehow there is an impact on the decision and that is why they want to know ?

I am sure they would not like to gather more and more data for no reason and increase their work burden.....

Any other opinions........ ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.