19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To me it would be hard for one or two documents to catch up to the I129-F. Maybe it could.

The golden "rule" is check your 129-F not once, not twice, but at least 3 times, before you send, it, and the best guide in the world is right here on this site.,.,.

how in the world could you be so negligent on such an important document.,.,.,all the info. is here ""FOR YOU".,.,.,I wish you had used it!

Yes, just wait for your rfe.,.,..,it will come unless, someone is "asleep" at work.,.,.,.,hope that is the case for you!

Good luck, keep us informed.,.,.,has my attention.,.,.,.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys,

I didn't receive a RFE (My case hasn't been touched yet - Texas Service Center), however I was wondering if I will probably will get an RFE since we didn't state exactly that we intend to MARRY WITHIN 90 DAYS OF MY ARRIVAL. I have seen posts that people say you MUST write WITHIN 90 days. I guess I missed that at the time since I thought that saying that we intend to get married on the K1 Visa is implied. That's how we did the letter:

FIANCÉE LETTER OF INTENT

RENATA DE ARAGÃO TORQUATO

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

Re: GARCES, XXXXXXXXX (Petitioner)

TORQUATO, Renata de Aragão (Beneficiary)

Nature of the submission: INTENT TO MARRY – K1 VISA PETITIONER

June 12, 2014

Dear Service Center Professional:

This letter will confirm that I intend to marry XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXX after I arrive in the U.S of A on the Fiancée Visa. I have never been married and he is legally divorced and not currently married. I met him in October of 2009 on XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Since then our relationship has continued to build. He has met my family and I have met his, so everything is set for our wedding once I arrive.

I SWEAR UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES THAT THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS TRUE AND CORRECT.

Yours truly,

RENATA DE ARAGÃO TORQUATO

It sounds good because it implies that you will get married soon after entry even though it doesn't specifically say within 90 days. I don't think you would get an RFE for not putting within 90 days since it's already implied by the wording, however if others have gotten RFE for that I wouldn't know.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks! But well, I am prepared to get one and especially now that I JUST realized we have made such a stupid mistake on the G-325A Form (Even after checking and re-checking), my fiancé name is Christopher and accidentally we typed Chistopher.. Well, I don't know how picky they are but it is clear to see it was just a spelling mistake and we have his Birth Certificate and Passport to prove his name...I'll see!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.