Stefani

Medical- Dominican Republic

14 posts in this topic

My fiance went to do his medical yesterday in the capital. He told me he got there at 6:30 and he waited in line for a while. when he got inside, he had to fill up a paper with my address.. and thank God he had it. A lot of people had to go home because they did not have that information.. so make sure you know it. They also ask for the Petitioners phone number(make sure to know this too). My fiance decided not to carry his cellphone with him, so he had to go outside and ask someone to let him call his mother so she can give him my number. Also know your SDO number. These are all very important. They asked him for 5 2x2 photos(not 6). What really surprised me is the price of the medical. Originially we thought it was going to be $190(without vaccines).. but they charged him $289 :ranting::ranting: and he is around 20-25 age range. He was planning to do the vaccines, but after this ridiculous price, he decidced not to. The vaccines are $45 each, and he needed 3 of them. They did a blood test, x-rays and physical exam.. and I think think that was it. He did tell me there was a lot of people, but he got out pretty quickly. He was there for about 4 hours in total.

They put like a sticker on his passport that says to pick up his exam next Thrusday.

I hope this is helpful to anyone.! :dancing:

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves a completed medical. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

My fiance went to do his medical yesterday in the capital. He told me he got there at 6:30 and he waited in line for a while. when he got inside, he had to fill up a paper with my address.. and thank God he had it. A lot of people had to go home because they did not have that information.. so make sure you know it. They also ask for the Petitioners phone number(make sure to know this too). My fiance decided not to carry his cellphone with him, so he had to go outside and ask someone to let him call his mother so she can give him my number. Also know your SDO number. These are all very important. They asked him for 5 2x2 photos(not 6). What really surprised me is the price of the medical. Originially we thought it was going to be $190(without vaccines).. but they charged him $289 :ranting::ranting: and he is around 20-25 age range. He was planning to do the vaccines, but after this ridiculous price, he decidced not to. The vaccines are $45 each, and he needed 3 of them. They did a blood test, x-rays and physical exam.. and I think think that was it. He did tell me there was a lot of people, but he got out pretty quickly. He was there for about 4 hours in total.

They put like a sticker on his passport that says to pick up his exam next Thrusday.

Thx Stefani. Which medical center did he go to?

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

It doesnt matter the price, it is better take the vacines here.

Because now for his aos, he needs see a doctor at usa and it will be more expensive there.

The doctor has to be authorized by uscis to do medical.

Hope you find one near your home.

I know i did tell him that many times, but he is very hardheaded. I think he was just very surprised with the price after he thought it was 190. But yeah i live in NY i hope here we find one right away.

He went to the old one.

AOS Timeline (L)

So he paid 289.00 without the vaccines? was that 190.00 for the medical and 99.00 for the influenza shot?

USCIS

05/21/13: Priority Day

09/09/13: VSC to NSC

09/17/13: Processing at NSC

10/31/13: RFE

11/07/13: RFE Sent

11/13/13: RFE Received

11/20/13: NOA2

11/26/13: Case sent to NVC

NVC

12/18/13: Case Received

01/10/14: Case# and IIN

01/17/14: Completed DS-261

01/21/14: Paid AOS fee

01/25/14: Paid IV Fee

02/17/14: Completed DS-260

04/07/14: Sent IV and AOS

04/25/14: Case Complete

CONSULATE

03/25/15: Interview

03/27/15: Visa Issued

04/01/15: Visa Available to pick up
04/02/15: Picked up visa

04/02/15: Paid fee on ELIS

He only did the exam.. No vaccines. Thats whats strange. They did not put any other shots, just

took out blood.

The photos are passport styles photos. You need 5 of them for the dominican republic.

AOS Timeline (L)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I always tell people bring more photos than you need. No harm in having 10 photos in your pocket if you only need 5. But if you have 5 and you need 6, big problem.

And most if not all allow cell phones inside. Usually it is only the embassy that has a problem with your cell phone. So bring it in case you need it.

If you come here with missing vaccines, you don't need to have the Civil Surgeon do them. You can go to any doctor or clinic you please for that. Just make sure to get a certificate that they gave you the shot to present to the Civil Surgeon.

Edited by Al422

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

That does not seem right, because according to the Embassy website, $289.00 is for exam and vaccines and if you get flu shot, it's $99.00 more. Are you sure he didn't get the vaccines? I'm just asking because my fiances went last Tuesday for his medical. He got vaccine and exam and paid $289.00.

He didn't take the flu shot because that would have been another additional $99.00. Your fiance may need to verify. He probably did get the vaccines. I'm not saying he is telling an untruth. I guess you will know for sure when he picks up the results on Thursday. Thanks for the information.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Thank u all for the responde. I guess we will find out thrusday why they charged him so much.

Al422,

Did your wife do the vaccines here aswell. I live in NY and we are trying to figure out how it works here

Edited by Stefani

AOS Timeline (L)

That does not seem right, because according to the Embassy website, $289.00 is for exam and vaccines and if you get flu shot, it's $99.00 more. Are you sure he didn't get the vaccines? I'm just asking because my fiances went last Tuesday for his medical. He got vaccine and exam and paid $289.00.

He didn't take the flu shot because that would have been another additional $99.00. Your fiance may need to verify. He probably did get the vaccines. I'm not saying he is telling an untruth. I guess you will know for sure when he picks up the results on Thursday. Thanks for the information.

I thought the flu shot was mandatory during this time of the year, it is not administered from February 22nd to August 20th I think. I don't remember where I read it but I've seen it somewhere. I may be wrong, I'm not sure.

USCIS

05/21/13: Priority Day

09/09/13: VSC to NSC

09/17/13: Processing at NSC

10/31/13: RFE

11/07/13: RFE Sent

11/13/13: RFE Received

11/20/13: NOA2

11/26/13: Case sent to NVC

NVC

12/18/13: Case Received

01/10/14: Case# and IIN

01/17/14: Completed DS-261

01/21/14: Paid AOS fee

01/25/14: Paid IV Fee

02/17/14: Completed DS-260

04/07/14: Sent IV and AOS

04/25/14: Case Complete

CONSULATE

03/25/15: Interview

03/27/15: Visa Issued

04/01/15: Visa Available to pick up
04/02/15: Picked up visa

04/02/15: Paid fee on ELIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.