EOC

INTERVIEW AT LAGOS CONSULATE

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just finished with my interview at the Consulate. I answered all questions correctly, at the end of the interview she said she said she needs more time to review the case file and then she gave me a contact form and asked me to go and fill it and drop it off at a submission center or scan it to them. I asked her how long will it take them to complete the process, she said it depends on how soon i can quickly submit the form.

She collected all emails chat, Facebook chat, Skype and all call records from me.

**** All thru the interview, the CO didn't type anything, instead she was writing it down on a piece of paper. I wonder why? We were just chatting face to face thru the window.

I'll post my review when am home.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You will be approved IJN. Congratulations in advance

Month/Day/Year

12/05/2013 - I-130 Sent

12/09/2013 - Priority Date

02/09/2014 - RFE

03/02/2014 - Response to RFE

03/05/2014 - Received RFE

03/11/2014 - NOA2 - Approved

03/28/2014 - NVC Received my case

04/23/2014 - Received Case No and IIN via mail

02/26/2015 - Received email to pay AOS

03/04/2015 - AOS Paid

03/06/2015 - DS261 submitted

03/13/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC

03/16/2015 - NVC Received

03/16/2015 - NVC Scan Date

03/19/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email

03/20/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted :)

04/13/2015 - AOS Checklist :cry:

04/15/2015 - Response to Checklist

04/17/20015 - New Scan Date

05/15/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone :)

05/21/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

Glory be to God in the Highest!!!

Timeline

This sounds more like my interview,almost exactly as i was instructed after i was interviewed.Was the CO a female & chinese?If she,i guess thats her style of interview.Nothing you can do but wait.You'll undergo Administrative Processing a.k.a AP.Pray you get a response very very soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Following your review on nairaland . . sorry to hear your approval was not outright.

you came off to the VO as defensive with stuffs to hide.

I wished you had answered all the questions without tagging anyone as ''private'' and I hope you get out of it quicker than normal.

All the best

Edited by doshi8000

Timeline

Have a good faith,You be call and everything we be approve, what the question They ask from you

I was asked the following questions

CO: your husband petitioned for you

Me: Yes

CO: how did you meet

Me: told her

CO: how long did you date before marriage

CO: when did your husband come to U.S

CO: where did you get married

Me: Cancun Mexico

CO: why

Me: i told her

Co: evidence of communications

Me: i gave her facebook chat, emails, Skype and call records.

Co: what state am moving to

CO: asked about medical history

Me: i told her it was private. Then she got so interested and insisted on knowing which i told her.

CO: where hubby works

CO: what's my husband's hobby

Me: told her.

Co: gave me a contact sheet to fill and submit at the submission center or send it by email.

You will be approved IJN. Congratulations in advance

Thanks

This sounds more like my interview,almost exactly as i was instructed after i was interviewed.Was the CO a female & chinese?If she,i guess thats her style of interview.Nothing you can do but wait.You'll undergo Administrative Processing a.k.a AP.Pray you get a response very very soon.

She's female but doesn't look Chinese to me. Are you still in AP?

Following your review on nairaland . . sorry to hear your approval was not outright.

you came off to the VO as defensive with stuffs to hide.

I wished you had answered all the questions without tagging anyone as ''private'' and I hope you get out of it quicker than normal.

All the best

Nothing to hide, she has the medical certificate with her but she was just been too sarcastic. I still gave her another copy that i took along with me. They are just very strict and mean because we are from high fraud country.

Timeline

Same happened to my wife after interview in Lagos. We have been on Administrative processing since August 25, 2014. We keep hope alive. Hang it there, it will takes some time. Lagos embassy is the worst on contact sheet and delay saga. Hope something can be done to eradicate this AP wahala!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was asked the following questions

CO: your husband petitioned for you

Me: Yes

CO: how did you meet

CO: how long did you date before marriage

CO: when did your husband come to U.S

CO: where did you get married

Me: Cancun Mexico

CO: why

Me: i told her

Co: evidence of communications

Me: i gave her facebook chat, emails, Skype and call records.

Co: what state am moving to

CO: asked about medical history

Me: i told her it was private. Then she got so interested and insisted on knowing which i told her.

CO: where hubby works

CO: what's my husband's hobby

Me: told her.

Co: gave me a contact sheet to fill and submit at the submission center or send it by email.

Nothing to hide, she has the medical certificate with her but she was just been too sarcastic. I still gave her another copy that i took along with me. They are just very strict and mean because we are from high fraud country.

You should not have let the CO get under your skin. That's her job. You should always remain unflappable.You are petitioning to come to the United States of America. Their is no "private" here. She knew before you told her. Immigration has access to anything they want when they want. Believe that.

Because you were probably flippet to her she probably figure okay I got something for you and decided to put you are the marinate cycle.

Always always be forthcoming polite and couteous to CO (if you have to bite your tongue do so). :oops:

***This is more for others reading this than you. :goofy:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Sorry to hear about the wait. Those guys run the game..... most of the documents you submitted can be classified as private and confidential Docs and telling her u wouldnt want to discuss medical history with her will definately stir her up since immigration is not a right as I was told here.

One other thing I see might have to do with the country where you married your spouse and as a result they will want to make sure it's a legitimate marriage.

All you have to do now is wait, pray and hope it doesnt take more than time....

Timeline

Same happened to my wife after interview in Lagos. We have been on Administrative processing since August 25, 2014. We keep hope alive. Hang it there, it will takes some time. Lagos embassy is the worst on contact sheet and delay saga. Hope something can be done to eradicate this AP wahala!!!

Woooooow you have been on AP since August 25, that's killing.Everything always goes wrong when it comes to Lagos Consulate. Yes you are right they really need to eradicate this contact sheet saga. I will be following your timeline, please kindly update me if you have any updates.

Thanks

You should not have let the CO get under your skin. That's her job. You should always remain unflappable.You are petitioning to come to the United States of America. Their is no "private" here. She knew before you told her. Immigration has access to anything they want when they want. Believe that.

Because you were probably flippet to her she probably figure okay I got something for you and decided to put you are the marinate cycle.

Always always be forthcoming polite and couteous to CO (if you have to bite your tongue do so). :oops:

Yea you are right, but i guess even if i didn't tell her it was "private" she has already made up her mind about putting me on AP before i even showed up, i could sense it from her action right from the beginning of the interview. Now the waiting starts again.

Sorry to hear about the wait. Those guys run the game..... most of the documents you submitted can be classified as private and confidential Docs and telling her u wouldnt want to discuss medical history with her will definately stir her up since immigration is not a right as I was told here.

One other thing I see might have to do with the country where you married your spouse and as a result they will want to make sure it's a legitimate marriage.

All you have to do now is wait, pray and hope it doesnt take more than time....

Yes you just said it right, she did ask and i gave her the reason. Yeah all i can do now is wait and pray i get out of the AP ASAP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm really sorry about that, i don't know why they do that in Lagos, they just treat people anyhow. But i have this feeling that your visa will be issued very soon. After our interview, we were also put on AP and we were afraid though it was because of our marriage certificate, so i became afraid cos my husband is also a Nigerian but we had ours at the American embassy in Moscow but after they receive our marriage certificate, it changed from AP to issused within 48 hours. So all the tension just stopped and we laughed at the end. So i know what you are passing through but i'm pretty sure that in few days you will have everything to glorify his holy name. Just keep praying. it is well my sister.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

So on point.

I remember during my interview the CO had denied all seven people before me so when i came up and he asked some "#######" questions i put a plastic smile responded at a point he stopped the "#######" questions not cos i gave the impression i dint like his questioning style but he felt a lil embarrassed. If it was real life scenerio i would have so snapped, "red flags" are relative but i believe mine was rather conquered with so many other proofs of ongoing re

relationship. Lagos isnt as bad as it really is portrayed am being honest not because iwas approved but going through official records via travel.state u see that 90% of FAMILY based visas are issued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.