Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Police Certificate

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey


Ineed to mail supporting documents to the NVC and

Im a Syrian national applicant who left syria since2012 ,I checked the Reciprocity table for my country last three month and each time I found it written this way:

Police/Prison Records

Available: NO, as of 3 July 2013. For certificates previously obtained the following remains correct.

And last week it became :

Police/Prison Records

Available: Yes, as of 3 July 2013. For certificates previously obtained the following remains correct:Fees: 55 SYP.Document Name: Judicial Record ExtractIssuing Government Authority: The Criminal Police Branch - Ministry of Interior.

l'm very confused it's impossible for me to obtain a police certificate because of the bad situation back there

do you have any idea what should I do?

NVC stage:

Scan date 24 nov

checklist for birth certificate:13.2.2015

expedite request: 1.3.2015

cc: 5.3.2015

interview date:11.4.2015

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i hate to tell you this but you might have to go back to receive the certificate for NVC BUT FIRST I WOULD CALL to see what they say first cuz my wife had to go back to Singapore to receive hers since the last time it got lost in the mail and we did all of this waiting for nothing but good luck on your journey

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan

Looks like you probably need police certificate. But good news is that you dont have to be there to obtain it. The link says:

Procedure for Obtaining: 1- In Person 2- A family member 3- A lawyer.

At the link below:


Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...