Robor007

Experts: Latest climate report too rosy

23 posts in this topic

damn, it is cold here in st louis and for the next 10 days..colder than a well digger's azz in the klondike was the forcast....or was it something about a witch???

witch's teat in a brass bra in a blizzard at the north pole ;)

well stated bro charles

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sea levels rising faster, eh? Maybe I should buy a boat instead of a new car...

good idea. i'll get my fishing rod :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Given the massive changes in climate that have taken place in the past I've often wondered how significant human activity could possibly be in the overall scheme of things.

On Saturday morning I saw a show on Discovery Channel about how humans in Europe coped with the last ice age, and how the ice age was perhaps the trigger that force mankind to change from a hunter-gatherer lifestyle into the more complex, inter-dependent societies that we are today.

The show said that the coming and going of the ice ages were caused by periodic wobbles in the earth's axis and rotation around the sun, and that based on the periodicity of the past events we are overdue for the next ice age.

Somehow I can't imagine that the carbon dioxide we pump into the atmoshere could be more significant than an earth that wobbles, but if we're overdue for the next wobble then we should have the foresight to keep pumping the stuff out and hope it will be enough to stop the glaciers before they cross the border with Canada on their next trip south.

Yodrak

By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer 46 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Later this week in Paris, climate scientists will issue a dire forecast for the planet that warns of slowly rising sea levels and higher temperatures. But that may be the sugarcoated version.

Timeline

yodrak, i'm pumping all the gas i can into the atmosphere. :P

Given the massive changes in climate that have taken place in the past I've often wondered how significant human activity could possibly be in the overall scheme of things.

On Saturday morning I saw a show on Discovery Channel about how humans in Europe coped with the last ice age, and how the ice age was perhaps the trigger that force mankind to change from a hunter-gatherer lifestyle into the more complex, inter-dependent societies that we are today.

The show said that the coming and going of the ice ages were caused by periodic wobbles in the earth's axis and rotation around the sun, and that based on the periodicity of the past events we are overdue for the next ice age.

Somehow I can't imagine that the carbon dioxide we pump into the atmoshere could be more significant than an earth that wobbles, but if we're overdue for the next wobble then we should have the foresight to keep pumping the stuff out and hope it will be enough to stop the glaciers before they cross the border with Canada on their next trip south.

Yodrak

WASHINGTON - Later this week in Paris, climate scientists will issue a dire forecast for the planet that warns of slowly rising sea levels and higher temperatures. But that may be the sugarcoated version.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline
yodrak, i'm pumping all the gas i can into the atmosphere. :P

Yodrak

We've got these northwesterly winds these days.

I wonder: Is that you?

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What is interesting is that climatologists and scientists admit that humans are only responsible for about 5% of the carbon dioxide in the athmosphere, but that this extra little bit is just coming at the wrong time since we are also likely to be in a natural warming period. In other words, we picked a bad time to get modern.

Edited by dalegg

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline
We've got these northwesterly winds these days.

I wonder: Is that you?

:blush: nessa cooked beans a few days ago :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *