Kevin&Jackie

AOS of children for K1 Fiance

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am working through the process for my Filipino Fiance to be with me. The Petition was approved 10/31/14 and is being sent to the National Visa Center. I understand the process up through her getting her Visa after the Interview in Manila. I am assuming each child plus her will need the medical exam and their own passport with the required fees for the medical.

My question is the petition includes 3 of her children. I am wondering if they are required to have their AOS filed with my Fiances during the 90 days from arrival, or do they wait until hers is approved. Trying to get a better understanding of the timeline so I can ensure the forms are submitted on time and the cash is available for the required fees when needed.

· 09/25/14 Paperwork package submitted to Dallas Drop box

· 10/03/14 I-797C NOA sent, forgot check with paperwork

· 10/08/14 I-797C NOA received

· 10/09/14 Resubmitted paperwork with check

· 10/11/14 Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

· 10/13/14 Paperwork received by Dallas Lockbox

· 10/17/14 Petition accepted at California Service Center

· 10/17/14 Check presented to the bank

· 10/20/14 Alien Registration Number Changed/Issued

· 10/31/14 Approval of the Petition Text Message Recieved

Yes, each child will need their own medical and civil docs, such as birth certs and passports. Each child will also need to pay the visa fee. What I'm not sure of is if each child needs an I-134, or if one for the whole case is sufficient. Someone should clarify on that.

As for the AOS, the only advantage is that if the children are 13 or younger and their AOS applications are submitted together with their mom, they pay about half the fee ($635 for each child 13 or younger instead of the full $985).

Also the important thing is that you and your fiancee marry within 90 days of her entry with the K1. You don't have to file AOS right away if you are unable to. You can also file the AOS for the mom first and do the children later keeping in mind that you would have to pay the full fee for each child.

Also, until mom does AOS she cannot travel or work so you would want to that as soon as you can anyway, you just don't have to worry about it being within the 90 days, same thing for the kids.

If any child is 14 or older, you can wait to do the AOS for that child if you are unable to pay for them all at once because they would pay the full fee either way.

Here is a link with the fees as well as the instructions:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Here is a link with K1/K2 interview instructions:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/325288/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_10%20October%202013_.pdf

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am working through the process for my Filipino Fiance to be with me. The Petition was approved 10/31/14 and is being sent to the National Visa Center. I understand the process up through her getting her Visa after the Interview in Manila. I am assuming each child plus her will need the medical exam and their own passport with the required fees for the medical.

My question is the petition includes 3 of her children. I am wondering if they are required to have their AOS filed with my Fiances during the 90 days from arrival, or do they wait until hers is approved. Trying to get a better understanding of the timeline so I can ensure the forms are submitted on time and the cash is available for the required fees when needed.

· 09/25/14 Paperwork package submitted to Dallas Drop box

· 10/03/14 I-797C NOA sent, forgot check with paperwork

· 10/08/14 I-797C NOA received

· 10/09/14 Resubmitted paperwork with check

· 10/11/14 Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

· 10/13/14 Paperwork received by Dallas Lockbox

· 10/17/14 Petition accepted at California Service Center

· 10/17/14 Check presented to the bank

· 10/20/14 Alien Registration Number Changed/Issued

· 10/31/14 Approval of the Petition Text Message Recieved

Each child will be processing their own visa application at USEM, so yes separate fees, separate medical.

For details on the process in the Philippines follow the flashing arrow below, all listed there will need to be completed for EACH child along with your fiancee.

Pop over to the Philippines forum and say HI, lots of good info from folks there: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas, from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures - As the OP is looking into the AOS steps.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: easily accessible at the top of the forum page. In particular, the K2 AOS Tips: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips

Also check out the pinned thread at the top of the forum page, "Calling all K-2 AOSers...," for more useful information.

When you get a chance, :time: It helps everyone that uses, or gets helps from the forum.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.