Murican

a decision has not been made on your application (after N400 interview)

92 posts in this topic

So My ex wife just called me to tell me she got a call from an immigration Officer about our marriage.

She was on the phone with the IO for up to an hour. they asked how we lived together and why we divorced and if I married her for love or if it was a scam?

Is this normal for IO to call your ex? what if you had a ugly divorce and your ex has a grudge against you and as a result lies to hurt you?

Is this fair practice to call an ex? I haven't read anywhere this is done

So My ex wife just called me to tell me she got a call from an immigration Officer about our marriage.

She was on the phone with the IO for up to an hour. they asked how we lived together and why we divorced and if I married her for love or if it was a scam?

Is this normal for IO to call your ex? what if you had a ugly divorce and your ex has a grudge against you and as a result lies to hurt you?

How did they get her number?

04/28/2016 - Packet reached USCIS (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765)

05/05/2016 - Checks cashed

05/06/2016 - USCIS Email/Text acceptance confirmation

05/09/2016 - NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2016 - Biometrics letter arrived in mail

05/27/2016 - Biometrics scheduled

07/20/2016 - Submitted Service Request for (I-765); Sent letter to congressman
07/21/2016 - EAD card is being produced
07/21/2016 - AP document is being produced
07/23/2016 - AP documnt received
07/27/2016 - EAD card received

How did they get her number?

It is in the N400 form you fill.

under spouse contact info. they ask for your spouse address and phone number.

What if she moved or changed her phone number? like I am so lucky

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Woo, they seam to be all out to prove that maybe your initial Permanent Greencard was wrongly approved. I'm sorry you're going through this. It is one thing for your marriage to break down because it just didn't work out and another thing entirely for your ex to now put a new spin on things and imply fraud. What were her specific responses and do you think that is what she did?

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If they suspect fraud (fairly or otherwise) they will definitely investigate further.

The alternative is for them to simply deny your case or keep stalling since they are not required to approve you.

It would be unfortunate if your ex-wife was on bad terms with you, but remember that if she said it was all a scam, she would be in trouble too.

If she said that you tricked her, they would investigate further.

In the end though, you have a right to appeal and even reapply. You can always explain that you were not on good terms (if that had been the case).

Either way, I think you should prepare anything you can think of to prove that the marriage was real because you may be asked for more information.

I'm assuming you are applying based on 5 years as a PR so they are not questioning your eligibility, but rather whether you should have got your greencard in the first place. Did anything happen in the interview to indicate why they might suspect this?

They may have seen an uptick in marriage fraud recently and may be doing random investigations... depending on what your ex said you may get approved soon. Good luck.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

It is in the N400 form you fill.

under spouse contact info. they ask for your spouse address and phone number.

What if she moved or changed her phone number? like I am so lucky

I am sorry, I don't see anywhere on the N-400 form where one has to provide prior spouse's contact info. (I see Part 9, question 9 - but that has no Contact Info in it)

04/28/2016 - Packet reached USCIS (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765)

05/05/2016 - Checks cashed

05/06/2016 - USCIS Email/Text acceptance confirmation

05/09/2016 - NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2016 - Biometrics letter arrived in mail

05/27/2016 - Biometrics scheduled

07/20/2016 - Submitted Service Request for (I-765); Sent letter to congressman
07/21/2016 - EAD card is being produced
07/21/2016 - AP document is being produced
07/23/2016 - AP documnt received
07/27/2016 - EAD card received

I am sorry, I don't see anywhere on the N-400 form where one has to provide prior spouse's contact info. (I see Part 9, question 9 - but that has no Contact Info in it)

I will look, but I'm sure it's there

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They got the ex-wife's phone number from his old GC/ ROC file. They have all his files in front of them right now trying to find a flaw.

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

No she didn't.

I was wondering if anyone had similar experience or if this is the normal process

I have the same kind of situation. It has been 3 months. I was told to wait for 4 months. 120 days of torture. I will let you know what is the outcome

I wish my I/O called my ex wife! because everything is real and I am ready to answer them.

I have the same kind of situation. It has been 3 months. I was told to wait for 4 months. 120 days of torture. I will let you know what is the outcome

I wish my I/O called my ex wife! because everything is real and I am ready to answer them.

I thought you had to wait 90 days (3months).

Who told you 120 days (4 months)?

Timeline

Well, on the paper where I went for my interview result. It says 120 days. (A decision cannot be made at this time)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, on the paper where I went for my interview result. It says 120 days. (A decision cannot be made at this time)

yea that's true.

I see it in fine print at the bottom.

Timeline

yea that's true.

I see it in fine print at the bottom.

How many months have you been waiting till now?

Mine is almost 4 months (Jan 11-2015) ONE YEAR of torture!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.