Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

How does Advance Parole look like itself?

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hi everyone,

I have a question about i-131 and i-765

I recently have some problem with i-765 and my ead propably will be delayed

Since i've submitted my aos package 40 days ago, will be any chance that uscis issue the advance parole before EAD? How it will look like, a plastic card like EAD? Will I be able to apply for a driver license with that advance parole?

Edited by minh6969

Adjustment of Status

9/18/2014 - Package shipped by USPS (00)

9/22/2014 - Package delivered (05)

10/09/2014 - Received SMS and emails, 11PM (22)

10/10/2014 - Check cashed (23)

10/15/2014 - Received hard copies of NOAs (28)

10/23/2014 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter (for Nov 03) (36)

11/03/2014 - Completed Biometric (47)

11/06/2014 - "Testing and Interview" on I-485 (50)

11/14/2014 - Get the notification stating that our interview has been scheduled (58) on December 18th (92)

11/19/2014 - I-131 status moved to "Advance Parole Document Was Produced"


12/18/2014 - Interview (Day 92) , APPROVED ON SPOT

12/19/2014 - Emails and Texts saying I-130 has been approved and I-485 new card is being produced

12/29/2014 - Card was mailed

12/29/2014 - Card was Delivered. Best HAPPY NEW YEAR gift/greet ever!!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales

As far as I know they come as a combo card. AP has nothing to do with Driver License.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Country: Jamaica

AP alone is a sheet paper saying you have been approved for Advanced Parole. There is a 99.9% chance you will be issued a combo card.

Driver's licenses are issued based on state laws when it is related to immigration. Certain documents are accepted, but then your license is only good for a short period of time. Check your state law.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

AP is used for traveling purposes. The EAD is what you would use if accepted by your state to apply for a DL, as well as an SSN if you didn't have one already. That said, the EAD and AP come together as one card that looks similar in format to a GC, but has different colors and says " United States of America Employment Authorization Card" on the top. When the EAD and AP are applied for separately the AP (I-512) is a separate document in the form of a letter.

Here is what an EAD/AP looks like:

Hmm...I can't post a link from imm!help?


Edited by Ian H.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...