wiss7

October NOA2 - NVC progress stage

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my uscis approval noa was October 23rd I called nvc today and they have nothing on file for my receipt number what gives? I called uscis and they said theres nothing they can do as its already been sent to nvc for approval has nvc just not gotten to it yet, or did it become lost in mail? not even a case number has been given to me and the escis approval says to call nvc 30 days if I haven't heard or received anything in the mail. Any help appreciated

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wondering for those fellow CSC people what your status us - we received our NOA-2 on 10/21/14 and are still stuck in limbo between USCIS and NVC. NVC says they do not have the file, I've spoken with tier 2-agents 10 days ago who said they will look into it and I also emailed NVCResearch on December 2nd and Finally received this today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center received your inquiry and the attached I-797
Notice of Action - Approval Notice. Unfortunately we do not have a
record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and
Immigration Services (USCIS). To assist you in determining the location
of your petition the NVC will contact USCIS on your behalf for
information on the location of this petition.

Sincerely,
Jess
National Visa Center
Written Inquiry Unit
FCi Support Contractor
NVCResearch@state.gov

Not sure if that is good news or bad - it sounds bad - anyone else out there in the same boat as us and have any advice?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wondering for those fellow CSC people what your status us - we received our NOA-2 on 10/21/14 and are still stuck in limbo between USCIS and NVC. NVC says they do not have the file, I've spoken with tier 2-agents 10 days ago who said they will look into it and I also emailed NVCResearch on December 2nd and Finally received this today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center received your inquiry and the attached I-797

Notice of Action - Approval Notice. Unfortunately we do not have a

record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and

Immigration Services (USCIS). To assist you in determining the location

of your petition the NVC will contact USCIS on your behalf for

information on the location of this petition.

Sincerely,

Jess

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

FCi Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

Not sure if that is good news or bad - it sounds bad - anyone else out there in the same boat as us and have any advice?

It means CSC hasn't sent your file yet.

Check out this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/526480-noa2-to-nvc-have-you-been-waiting-more-than-a-month/

You may find some help and community there. We all went through the same thing. It took me 80 days to get my case number. One fellow is still waiting after more than three months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My heart goes out to you guys! This is totally unacceptable that they lose entire files like this......if this was a private organization people would have been fired! I certainly hope someone gets to the bottom of this situation! Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.