Penny Lane

Canadians stand up to Islamophobe in social experiment that ends with punch

24 posts in this topic

Ignoring the peaceful words of the vast majority and focusing on the physical acts of the minority makes no sense to me.

What makes you think I ignored anything? I watched the whole video, twice. Sure there were some nice things said by most people, I think that would be the case most anywhere. But I think a video who's main purpose is to show how tolerant a certain group of people are that ends up with one of those so called tolerant people sucker punching another person in the face for speaking his mind is the exact opposite of tolerance.

If anything this video shows what would happen pretty much anywhere in Canada or the US and people come in all different forms. There's nothing special about it imo.

What makes you think I ignored anything? I watched the whole video, twice. Sure there were some nice things said by most people, I think that would be the case most anywhere. But I think a video who's main purpose is to show how tolerant a certain group of people are that ends up with one of those so called tolerant people sucker punching another person in the face for speaking his mind is the exact opposite of tolerance.

If anything this video shows what would happen pretty much anywhere in Canada or the US and people come in all different forms. There's nothing special about it imo.

You made the statement that "tolerance was lost and so was the message", which means that the violent act of one person somehow canceled out the rational, peaceful words of everyone else.

You made the statement that "tolerance was lost and so was the message", which means that the violent act of one person somehow canceled out the rational, peaceful words of everyone else.

It didn't cancel out the rational peaceful words of the others, (which is also open for debate, there was some pretty abusive language used as well), it cancelled out the message of tolerance the video was attempting to convey.

Not sure this is the video to be using as a tool for showing a level of tolerance. When someone gets sucker punched in the face, I'd say tolerance was lost and so was the message.

Holy S**** you just agreed with me against Penny. I am taking the rest of the day off.

I said nothing about the police or charges. Just that I wouldn't call one punch to the face a beating.

Show me where I said you did .

The people cursing and screaming and the guy that hit him are just as intolerant as the other guy. All the Video proves is there are intolerant arsehats in all walks of life .

So if one guy at an open carry protest shoots and kills someone that disagrees with him, that says nothing about the rest of the group right ?

Ouch! That nose punch was hard. Yaa!!! For Canada! Don't let people treat others wrong!! I had an Indian friend called all kinds of bad names after 911 and she wasn't even from the Middle East! People can be so stupid.

Great job! I'm moving to Canada. lol

Filed: Timeline

A video attracting a lot of attention online proves that multiculturalism packs a punch in Canada, when the filmmakers "social experiment" demonstrates how some Canadians will leap to the defence of a Muslim person singled out for abuse, even in the wake of recent attacks by self-radicalized Islamists.

it showed me the dude that threw the sucker punch is a kitty, that can't throw a punch. his buddy is a kitty too. they were about to try it 2-1. Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I sense an imminent threat from the North. I propose we gather our pitchforks and weapons and maintain a diligent eye on all Canadians trying to come down and corrupt our values. We should continue this vigilance until Canadians adopt the proper level of paranoia, intolerance. distrust and alarmist attitudes that are necessary to keep our society safe.

I'm calling for an alliance with the Quebecois against the English Speaking (wannabe British) rest of Canada.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.