JohnR!

Dozens Of Volunteers Have Come Back Safe From Ebola Hot Zone

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

And 240 have contracted Ebola and 120 have died . Some did not get it. Yeah

What an absurd short on facts one sided idiotic article that was. VJ nomination for most useless one sided junk sciences piece of rubbish posted this month

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/ebola/25-august-2014/en/

Unprecedented number of medical staff infected with Ebola

"The loss of so many doctors and nurses has made it difficult for WHO to secure support from sufficient numbers of foreign medical staff.

The African Union has launched an urgent initiative to recruit more health care workers from among its members."

More importantly from your source:

"Several factors help explain the high proportion of infected medical staff. These factors include shortages of personal protective equipment or its improper use, far too few medical staff for such a large outbreak, and the compassion that causes medical staff to work in isolation wards far beyond the number of hours recommended as safe."

Which is why we have to think about ways to bring more help and expertise into the impacted area. That's not accomplished with forced quarantines, travel bans or other such hysterical nonsense, though. That sort of bullshite only achieves the opposite. I must say that I am quite positively surprised that the governor of Texas appears to get it. If only he could have a positive impact on the right wing nutters around this country on this issue....

Other states are taking a milder approach. Texas sent its chief health officer, Dr. David Lakey, to greet a returning nurse on Wednesday. And Governor Rick Perry called the nurse, who wasn’t named.

In Texas, we have a great tradition of welcoming our heroes back home and this heroic individual deserves our appreciation, our compassion, and our utmost respect,” Perry said in a statement. “The tremendous work that she and so many other health care workers are doing in West Africa is making life better for those in afflicted countries and helps protect the rest of the world from the spread of this terrible disease; they are doing vitally important work that makes us all proud.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I must say that I am quite positively surprised that the governor of Texas appears to get it. If only he could have a positive impact on the right wing nutters around this country on this issue....

You said something nice about Rick Perry. I bookmarked that one for later. :dancing:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
escobar_rounds_second_after_hitting_a_ho

"Several factors help explain the high proportion of infected medical staff. These factors include shortages of personal protective equipment or its improper use, far too few medical staff for such a large outbreak, and the compassion that causes medical staff to work in isolation wards far beyond the number of hours recommended as safe."

Which is why we have to think about ways to bring more help and expertise into the impacted area. That's not accomplished with forced quarantines, travel bans or other such hysterical nonsense, though. That sort of bullshite only achieves the opposite. I must say that I am quite positively surprised that the governor of Texas appears to get it. If only he could have a positive impact on the right wing nutters around this country on this issue....

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I see they haven't covered sarcasm in your ESL class yet. Come back and read it again after they do.

Look. This pointless back and forth might provide the feeling that it's belittling and shaming people, but trust me. It really is a one way street ;-)

Let it go.

Timeline

Proper English does sound alien to some; making their comments to that effect at once flattering and humbling.

Look. This pointless back and forth might provide the feeling that it's belittling and shaming people, but trust me. It really is a one way street ;-)

Let it go.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I was surprised at how Christie and Cuomo have been dealing with it. Not that they shouldn't but definitely not like they did.

I couldn't believe it myself but I respect how Perry handles the situation as opposed to what hothead Christie pulled off.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was surprised at how Christie and Cuomo have been dealing with it. Not that they shouldn't but definitely not like they did.

Grandstanding. You have a government agency of scientists who understand the spread of disease and the risk factors relative to different types of infection.

Two politicians with (presumably) aspirations to higher political officer are pandering to the scaremongers. Quite irresponsible IMO.

Edited by Hail Ming!

Timeline

It must be an election year.....

Grandstanding. You have a government agency of scientists who understand the spread of disease and the risk factors relative to different types of infection.

Two politicians with (presumably) aspirations to higher political officer are pandering to the scaremongers. Quite irresponsible IMO.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Let it go.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You hit that one out of the park!!!

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You hit that one out of the park!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

RoFl if you can't outrun the short bus.. ride it

Ok peek out of the window of the tiny bus and I will break it down slow for you

The thread is -"Dozens Of Volunteers Have Come Back Safe From Ebola Hot Zone" "implying there is no danger" "a complete lie"

I replied "paraphrased for simpler understanding- No :no: Hundreds have been infected and over 100 have died"

You agreed but posted a wall of text on why they are getting infected. You do understand that is not what we are discussing.

Thanks for agreeing