8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question on the G 325 A form filing with the I-485. I Have been told that both my wife and I have to file a new G-325 A form , and I have been told that just my wife has to file a new G-325-A . Can anyone tell me which is correct . I am thinking that it would be just her because only her info. has changed since we got married . Thanks for any help on this matter ---- river56

Filed: Timeline

For the initial AOS package, only your wife (the person adjusting status) has to fill in the G325A.

If you send the AOS package and later receive an RFE asking for an updated G325A form from you (the sponsor) then you need to comply. Otherwise, you don't need to send a G325A for yourself, just your wife.

I have a question on the G 325 A form filing with the I-485. I Have been told that both my wife and I have to file a new G-325 A form , and I have been told that just my wife has to file a new G-325-A . Can anyone tell me which is correct . I am thinking that it would be just her because only her info. has changed since we got married . Thanks for any help on this matter ---- river56

Only the beneficiary filled out the G-325A form. AoS is about the beneficiary to adjust his/her status. The petitioner provides for the beneficiary are I-864 (signed and dated), tax return, and W-2 or paystubs ( if necessary).

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

This question may fit here and not have to start a new topic. Filling out the AOS packet after marriage forms I 485 and G 325a both ask current address. I will also have a change of address from the one listed on the 129 petition. Do I need to file form AR 11?? Thanks M

This question may fit here and not have to start a new topic. Filling out the AOS packet after marriage forms I 485 and G 325a both ask current address. I will also have a change of address from the one listed on the 129 petition. Do I need to file form AR 11?? Thanks M

If you are filing for adjustment from a K-1 and have not sent your AOS package yet, just put the new address details where requested. No need to submit an AR-11 unless you've already sent the package and have subsequently changed your address.

The AR-11 is for keeping track of non-citizens and/or those with pending cases:

http://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Edited by landr

Timeline

If you are filing for adjustment from a K-1 and have not sent your AOS package yet, just put the new address details where requested. No need to submit an AR-11 unless you've already sent the package and have subsequently changed your address.

The AR-11 is for keeping track of non-citizens and/or those with pending cases:

http://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Thanks, Still waiting for embassy interview. I am just reading and filling out AOS package while we wait.

Thanks, Still waiting for embassy interview. I am just reading and filling out AOS package while we wait.

Just as an additional note, you'll need to complete an I-865 if you submit an I-864 for AOS and subsequently change your address:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-865

Timeline

Just as an additional note, you'll need to complete an I-865 if you submit an I-864 for AOS and subsequently change your address:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-865

Hi and thanks, That makes a lot of sense. I'm sure that the US government would have problems understanding that my newly wed wife and myself may just live in the same abode!! Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.