KSM88

Any problem for government officials in getting immigration visa?

9 posts in this topic

hi friends,

need ur help badly. i am under f2a category, nvc case completed and my priority date is about to be current in 4/5 months. in my home country i have been selected for joining in government service.

Now my question is, if i join as government official in my home country, will it anyhow impact in getting my visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What country?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

hi friends,

need ur help badly. i am under f2a category, nvc case completed and my priority date is about to be current in 4/5 months. in my home country i have been selected for joining in government service.

Now my question is, if i join as government official in my home country, will it anyhow impact in getting my visa?

I would actually be concerned of the other way around. Meaning what if your government finds out you have applied for a US immigrant visa, would that be a problem? As far as your visa is concerned, I don't really see what difference it makes for a US EMbassy if you are a government oficial or not. All that matters to them is wether you said the truth in your DS 260 application and a clean Police certificate.

Good luck!

I would actually be concerned of the other way around. Meaning what if your government finds out you have applied for a US immigrant visa, would that be a problem? As far as your visa is concerned, I don't really see what difference it makes for a US EMbassy if you are a government oficial or not. All that matters to them is wether you said the truth in your DS 260 application and a clean Police certificate.

Good luck!

thanks a lot for a very prompt reply.....

As i have already completed my ds260 months ago, will i need to do it again?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if becoming a government official and must needs join the Chinese Communist Party,

then, yes, this will be a barrier at the interview.

otherwise, for other countries, USUALLY is ok.

Why you not answer question, for 'which' country?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

if becoming a government official and must needs join the Chinese Communist Party,

then, yes, this will be a barrier at the interview.

otherwise, for other countries, USUALLY is ok.

Why you not answer question, for 'which' country?

o o... my mistake...........

I am from Bangladesh.... so u think it will not affect my visa interview? i am ready to quit the job before interview if required, but if i don't, will i need to submit extra documents or go through extra procedures like AP......etc, or will it take extra time and effort? i am already having a tough time, i don't want to prolong it....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

OP,

please do not quit the job before interview. A job is a job is a job. If its a good job, hold onto it till you get visa in hand. Nothing is certain. You might get stuck in administrative processing for a while during which you might regret not keeping the job, or something similar.

Also, if your govt does not put you to do tasks which put you in a no entry list on USCIS, then I don't think you have anything to worry about. Again, do not just assume that you will get the visa, wait till you get it to quit the job.

thanks a lot for a very prompt reply.....

As i have already completed my ds260 months ago, will i need to do it again?

Not at all! You do not need to redo your DS260. I understand that at the time you submitted your DS-260 you did not hold this government position therefore what ever work information you entered was valid at that time. So please keep your DS-260 as is and do not try to submit a new one otherwise it may further delay the whole process. Given the slow movement expected in F2A for the months to come I personnaly wouldn't mess with my application if it was me.

OP,

please do not quit the job before interview. A job is a job is a job. If its a good job, hold onto it till you get visa in hand. Nothing is certain. You might get stuck in administrative processing for a while during which you might regret not keeping the job, or something similar.

Also, if your govt does not put you to do tasks which put you in a no entry list on USCIS, then I don't think you have anything to worry about. Again, do not just assume that you will get the visa, wait till you get it to quit the job.

Not at all! You do not need to redo your DS260. I understand that at the time you submitted your DS-260 you did not hold this government position therefore what ever work information you entered was valid at that time. So please keep your DS-260 as is and do not try to submit a new one otherwise it may further delay the whole process. Given the slow movement expected in F2A for the months to come I personnaly wouldn't mess with my application if it was me.

thanks a lot.......... this really helps. actually following this forum for quite a long time and this helped me a lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.