Trumplestiltskin

Sarah Palin Compares Climate Change 'Hysteria' To Eugenics

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's not The Onion...

Sarah Palin Compares Climate Change 'Hysteria' To Eugenics

Sarah Palin is once again brushing off global warming as "junk science," comparingwarnings about the threat of climate change to the eugenics movement of the early 20th century.

Last week, the former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate recorded a video for the Sarah Palin Channel dismissing the "con job" of man-made climate change.

"I'm not a denier. I don't doubt that climate change exists," Palin says in the video. "No one has proven that these changes are caused by anything done by human beings via greenhouse gases. There's no convincing scientific evidence for man-made climate change. The climate has always been changing."

She continues: "Climate change is to this century what eugenics was to the last century. It's hysteria and a lot of it's junk science. And when it's as discredited as eugenics, you know a lot of people are going to look very foolish and heartless."

Palin posted the video to her Facebook page on Monday, touting Weather Channel co-founder John Coleman's recent claim that "there is no climate crisis." Coleman has made similar remarks in the past, once calling global warming "the greatest scam in history."

Palin's latest remarks come just as a draft report by the United Nations' climate panelfinds that climate change may have "serious, pervasive and irreversible impacts for people and ecosystems." The same panel reported last year that scientists are 95 percent certain that humans are the "dominant cause" of climate change.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/27/sarah-palin-climate-change-eugenics_n_6057934.html

Imagine. She was almost President of the U.S. One of the reasons I didn't vote for McCain. I couldn't have her that close to the seat.

Timeline

I found that election very interesting. The McCain camp felt that they needed a bit of youth and dynamism on the ticket and went with someone who looked good on paper but who turned out to be a complete car crash. Two interviews proved that she knew next to nothing about national or foreign policy.

Even without Palin, the GOP would have had no chance of winning that election.

Edited by Hail Ming!

True. But McCain was so patriotic, being born in Panama and all.

I heard they tried to "train" her in the ways of politics but she was not swift enough to catch on nor did she want to. She turned down help numerous times. I guess bull riding and starting fights in bars is more of her style.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

True. But McCain was so patriotic, being born in Panama and all.

I heard they tried to "train" her in the ways of politics but she was not swift enough to catch on nor did she want to. She turned down help numerous times. I guess bull riding and starting fights in bars is more of her style.

You do realize being born on a U.S. military installation, which is considered sovereign U.S. territory, is the same as being born in the continental U.S.? But you're right. I mean it's so unpatriotic of his father to be in the Navy and stationed in Panama, almost as unpatriotic as senator McCain himself being in the Navy like his father and being shot down, tortured, and held a prisoner of war for 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton. I mean the whole family is unpatriotic if you think about it.

Timeline

You do realize being born on a U.S. military installation, which is considered sovereign U.S. territory, is the same as being born in the continental U.S.? But you're right. I mean it's so unpatriotic of his father to be in the Navy and stationed in Panama, almost as unpatriotic as senator McCain himself being in the Navy like his father and being shot down, tortured, and held a prisoner of war for 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton. I mean the whole family is unpatriotic if you think about it.

While GWB beat John Kerry convincingly in 2004, I thought the whole 'swiftboating' thing was very underhand.

Timeline

While GWB beat John Kerry convincingly in 2004, I thought the whole 'swiftboating' thing was very underhand.

What does that have to do with John McCain? Or Bush for that matter?

Timeline

Just thought I'd introduce a tangent for something that bothered me about the 2004 election.

Apparently it's OK to denigrate someone's patriotism and service to country if it helps someone else to win an election.

My thing is he was born in Panama but bashed Obama for being born on U.S. territory as well? Show me the logic?

Timeline

My thing is he was born in Panama but bashed Obama for being born on U.S. territory as well? Show me the logic?

He bashed Obama iver citizenship eligibilty? Do you have a link to a video or a speech or anything to back this claim up? I dont care one way or the other abiut McCain but I dont remember him doing what yoy say he did.

Timeline

Just thought I'd introduce a tangent for something that bothered me about the 2004 election.

Apparently it's OK to denigrate someone's patriotism and service to country if it helps someone else to win an election.

Again I ask, what does McCain or Bush have to do with what the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth did to Kerry? Were either one of them secretly behind the scenes making this group do what they did?

i remember a video clip where mccain actually put some crazy redneck woman in her place when she started going on about obama not being a citizen. i only remember because when i saw it, i gained some respect for mccain (of which almost all had been lost since palin was his running mate)

i remember a video clip where mccain actually put some crazy redneck woman in her place when she started going on about obama not being a citizen. i only remember because when i saw it, i gained some respect for mccain (of which almost all had been lost since palin was his running mate)

I remember that as well, it was a class move. I voted for McCain and I think he would've won that election without the bag of rocks known as Sarah Palin.

I remember that as well, it was a class move. I voted for McCain and I think he would've won that election without the bag of rocks known as Sarah Palin.

i think so too. i was never a fan of mccains cause i'm not big on military/defense..but obama turned out no different.