Maria2k3

Removing conditions, arrest and drug rehab [3 merged threads]

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

about to remove conditions and I have a few confers in regards to:

1. US sponsor had drug problem, foreign spouse moved assets from joint accounts to prevent "enabling"

-> Is that going to be a problem if that reflects in the bank account statements?

2. US sponsor had drug problem and joined (non residential, that means 8-5, aka outpatient) drug rehab (NOT ORDERED by arrest or court, on own will) but did not finish due to insurance coverage

-> Do we need to list that? since there was no arrest made due to that? List it at all?

3. US sponsor had drug problem, no money and stole in store and got arrested. Court date is set, but not yet occurred, so there is no judgement/sentence yet.

-> What to do about this one, what do we need to provide and do about this?

With all that going on, is it advisable to get an attorney?

Thanks for any advice

You dont need to include anything. The U.S. spouce is involed not you.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

I don't think they look at each transaction. If they asked then you explain.

Always don't volunteer with information if they didn't ask about it

AOS

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

ROC

Hi all, I just checked the filing instructions and I noticed on page 3 of 7 point 5. for Initial Evidence it is asking for affidavits sworn by at least two people.

Is there a specific form, or does a draft / template exist for what can be taken as example? And can those 2 individuals be family members?

Thanks for any response.

• 2 weeks later...

Another 2 questions I have on my mind.

1) While my husband (us-spouse) was under the influenece of cocaine he called the police on me. That happened on 2 different occasions. Is USCIS undergoing investigations and requests information from local police agencies when processing the application? During both visits nothing happened and just police reports were filed.

2) My husband and his family do Not want me to reveal the information about him taking drugs to the government. I on the other hand feel like they might know about it anyways and don't want to give them an alternative story.

What are your thoughts on the 2 questions?

Thanks,

Maria

URGENT:

Hi all,

// HISTORY of what happened

1. US sponsor had drug problem, foreign spouse moved assets from joint accounts to prevent "enabling"

2. US sponsor had drug problem and joined (non residential, that means 8-5, aka outpatient) drug rehab (NOT ORDERED by arrest or court, on own will) but did not finish due to insurance coverage

3. US sponsor had drug problem, no money and stole in store and got arrested. Court date is set, but not yet occurred, so there is no judgement/sentence yet.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got these 2 questions I have on my mind.

1) While my husband (us-spouse) was under the influenece of cocaine he called the police on me. That happened on 2 different occasions. Is USCIS undergoing investigations and requests information from local police agencies when processing the application? During both visits nothing happened and just police reports were filed.

2) My husband and his family do Not want me to reveal the information about him taking drugs to the government. I on the other hand feel like they might know about it anyways and don't want to give them an alternative story.

Thanks,

Maria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What application?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two similar/continuation threads have been merged.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filing Form I-751

Please do NOT merge my threads again, trying to get some answers.

URGENT:

Hi all,

// HISTORY of what happened

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got these 2 questions I have on my mind.

Thanks,

Maria

Your husband's misdeeds are irrelevant to your application.

Spouse-based AOS from out-of-status H-1B, May - Aug 2012

Removal of conditions, Aug - Nov 2014

Nowhere in the I-751 form is asking about US Citizen's criminal history/records.

You should only be concerned if your US citizen spouse is willing to file I-751 jointly with you or not.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Hey thanks for the fast reply,

I undertstand that it is irrelevant what my hubbs did, but if the question arises in an interview why was all money moved from the accounts my husband does not want me to provide the goverment with his drug addiction details.

And are they going to know about the police calls he made? Which was because of the fact he was under the influence? (which the reports don't say...)

Yes he is willing to file of course, but doesn't want me to talk about his drug addiction problems and he is stubborn about it. And I'm not sure what to say if those questions come up in an interview

Most important rule : Don't volunteer with extra information with uscis. If they asked you then you explain,

Good luck

AOS

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.