kerry_and

USTraveldocs doesn't have CR-1 Option, only K3

19 posts in this topic

Hello,

After 17 months (only RFE's were at NVC), we are finally having our interview in November. I logged onto the us traveldocs thing to update the profile, but it only allows k3 as a choice. We filed out the 130, and are hopefully getting a CR-1 visa. I just wanted to double check that k3 is a classification of the CR-1 visa? Can anybody please shine some light on this? It only gave 4 choices, k1, k2, k3, k4.

I'm not sure how that website works, but K3 is a nonimmigrant visa and a CR1/IR1 is an immigrant visa. The K3 is for the spouse of a USC who will adjust status in the US, whereas the CR1/IR1 is for the spouse of a USC who will become an LPR upon entry. If you are doing CR1/IR1, there should be a choice for it. Someone who knows how this website works can tell you what to do.

This does not constitute legal advice.

I'm not sure how that website works, but K3 is a nonimmigrant visa and a CR1/IR1 is an immigrant visa. The K3 is for the spouse of a USC who will adjust status in the US, whereas the CR1/IR1 is for the spouse of a USC who will become an LPR upon entry. If you are doing CR1/IR1, there should be a choice for it. Someone who knows how this website works can tell you what to do.

Well, here is the information that I screenshot from the website. It does have the k3 classified as an immigrant visa:

post-137623-0-29683100-1414400737_thumb.png

Edited by kerry_and

I don't know why that is like that though. A K3 visa is a nonimmigrant visa, it does lead to LPR after you do AOS. They probably have it listed under that section to distinguish it from other nonimmigrant visas. I know you said that for "visa class" you only see four K visa options, what about "visa category?" Where it says "K visas." Are you able to pick something else there?

I don't know why that is like that though. A K3 visa is a nonimmigrant visa, it does lead to LPR after you do AOS. They probably have it listed under that section to distinguish it from other nonimmigrant visas. I know you said that for "visa class" you only see four K visa options, what about "visa category?" Where it says "K visas." Are you able to pick something else there?

It only gives 4 choices (the first two are for fiancee visas) and these are the other two options:

post-137623-0-81340200-1414401167_thumb.png

You need to go back to the section before that.

Do another screenshot to see what that one says.

You need to go back to the section before that.

Do another screenshot to see what that one says.

When I press continue after this screen (the attachment in this post), it takes me to those 4 options of the k visas.

post-137623-0-27096300-1414401413_thumb.png

Hmm...I see. Are you required to use this website as part of your visa process? It's possible that this website may only apply for those who are doing a K visa, seeing that it has no option for other visa categories.

^ unfortunately, according to the consulates website I have to fill out the information and pay the fees before the interview. I'm now wondering if it is even the correct fee that I have to pay as it is a k visa, which appears to e the most expensive.

You do have to pay the fees before the interview, but according to your timeline, you already did that. The fee for the visa was paid to the NVC, was it not?

By the way, where exactly did you read that you have to use this website? I was checking on the embassy website and it seems to be the case for K visas, not for cases that are processed through the NVC.

Timeline

For whatever countries ustraveldocs is available, CR1/IR1 applicants generally only use it to register the delivery address for the visa (check IV address registration above Immigrant Visa and Nonimmigrant Visa) . If you have already paid all the necessary fees (AOS, IV) at the NVC stage, don't pay for any additional fees on ustraveldocs at this point.

That's what I figured, because pretty much everything is done through the NVC.

Edited by Ian H.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

After 17 months (only RFE's were at NVC), we are finally having our interview in November. I logged onto the us traveldocs thing to update the profile, but it only allows k3 as a choice. We filed out the 130, and are hopefully getting a CR-1 visa. I just wanted to double check that k3 is a classification of the CR-1 visa? Can anybody please shine some light on this? It only gave 4 choices, k1, k2, k3, k4.

ustraveldocs.com for hkg?

not need to do anything - instead - pay attention to the interview letter that comes from NVC.

Seriously !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

ustraveldocs.com doesn't have an option for CR-1 because you don't use it for CR-1 before the interview. Some consulates use it for CR-1 after the interview so you can arrange shipping of the passport with completed visa back to the owner.

At this point all you should need to is complete the medical and go to the interview. Your interview letter should tell you exactly what documents you still need to bring to the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.