GBCW

Never again will the world say that Muslims did not stand up to the ISIS.

94 posts in this topic

That poster didn't join VJ until May of this year, probably just catching up on lost time. :rolleyes:

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I was confused for a second. :rofl:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

When I joined is irrelevant to me commenting on a comment made at 8pm yesterday in regards to this post.

Anyway, the person said "They will forget about all the good races of people doing good things" and I don't know who she is referring to as "They", but this post is about Kurdish Muslims protecting Kobani, and last time I checked a Muslim was not a race...it is a Religion. And no one has forgotten anything, the story about the female UAE pilot who kicked the ####### out of those idiots and embarrassed the living hell out of them was all over CNN for a solid week or two. Personally, I'm thrilled to see this because not only do they deserve to be beaten, dismantled, and destroyed, they need to be utterly humiliated for their acts of barbarism they committed along the way.

6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Timeline

... the story about the female UAE pilot who kicked the ####### out of those idiots and embarrassed the living hell out of them was all over CNN for a solid week or two. Personally, I'm thrilled to see this because not only do they deserve to be beaten, dismantled, and destroyed, they need to be utterly humiliated for their acts of barbarism they committed along the way.

Yes.

When I joined is irrelevant to me commenting on a comment made at 8pm yesterday in regards to this post.

Anyway, the person said "They will forget about all the good races of people doing good things" and I don't know who she is referring to as "They", but this post is about Kurdish Muslims protecting Kobani, and last time I checked a Muslim was not a race...it is a Religion. And no one has forgotten anything, the story about the female UAE pilot who kicked the ####### out of those idiots and embarrassed the living hell out of them was all over CNN for a solid week or two. Personally, I'm thrilled to see this because not only do they deserve to be beaten, dismantled, and destroyed, they need to be utterly humiliated for their acts of barbarism they committed along the way.

They would be the general public and those here who only pay attention to Islam when key words are used(ISIS, radicalized, terrorist). That's the only time certain people want to hear about Islam.

And to be fair, Muslims are discriminated against like people of color. And many can't seem to tell the difference between ISIS and an "moderate" Muslim.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Just in case you didn't know, for many, Arabs and Indians = Muslims whether or not they are or not.

Muslims are discriminated against just as much as blacks and "Hispanics" are. Ask a person from Mexico, Central America, South America etc how many jokes they get about being illegal, eating tacos and beans. Everyone assumes they all entered America illegally and they can't speak English.

Yes, my comment was warranted.

I applaud the Muslims for fighting back. And like I said, no one will remember this nor do many care about this. When a Muslim does something wrong, all Muslims will be grouped together and it will be all Muslims fault.

Timeline

It's not that people don't recognize or forget about the accomplishments of "People of Cultural Differences" I believe you are trying to imply, but their good deeds have been completely overshadowed by the radicals (And etc.) since at least the early 90's. In fact, their absolute disregard for human life has not only caused people to be afraid of both them and the moderate Muslim, it has completely changed and infringed the rights of humans to simply travel without facing harassment. Due to the (mainly, but not all) actions brought on from radical Islamists, we now have to deal with mass surveillance on a major scale and the justice system now operates on a "Guilty until proven Innocent" motto. I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but in this day in age when we are supposed to be so scientifically, technologically, and religiously advanced....we still have people running around like Genghis Khan and the Mongols...all over a book and the message it portrays.

Oh well, maybe by year 2100 we'll finally get it right and just learn to live with each other and stop playing God and control the world (Whoever your god may be)

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

It's not that people don't recognize or forget about the accomplishments of "People of Cultural Differences" I believe you are trying to imply, but their good deeds have been completely overshadowed by the radicals (And etc.) since at least the early 90's. In fact, their absolute disregard for human life has not only caused people to be afraid of both them and the moderate Muslim, it has completely changed and infringed the rights of humans to simply travel without facing harassment. Due to the (mainly, but not all) actions brought on from radical Islamists, we now have to deal with mass surveillance on a major scale and the justice system now operates on a "Guilty until proven Innocent" motto. I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but in this day in age when we are supposed to be so scientifically, technologically, and religiously advanced....we still have people running around like Genghis Khan and the Mongols...all over a book and the message it portrays.

Oh well, maybe by year 2100 we'll finally get it right and just learn to live with each other and stop playing God and control the world (Whoever your god may be)

People do forget about the accomplishments and continued accomplishments of "people of cultural differences" as soon as something bad happens. Good deeds should never be overshadowed by the wrongdoings of idiots although I understand I am asking for too much from humanity.

If Muslims are so bad, why do places like Saudi Arabia and UAE hold some of the biggest expat populations.

I just spent time in Malaysia, 61.3% Muslim and I didn't have one single problem. But maybe because I didn't go over there telling them to hell with their religion and Mohammad was a child molester. It is not for me to forcefully change people's religion and they didn't try to change me either. It is simply about respect.

Edited by Janelle2002

Timeline

I applaud the Muslims for fighting back. And like I said, no one will remember this nor do many care about this. When a Muslim does something wrong, all Muslims will be grouped together and it will be all Muslims fault.

No one cares? Do you think mothers, brothers, fathers, sisters, wives, fiancee's, and hell even dogs of military members enjoy sending their relative soldier to fight a battle that may or may not be their religion (I actually served with a couple of Muslims in the US Army, great guys. I have no idea what these radical people are thinking), in countries where if you are captured you are more than likely going to have your head cut off and posted for the world to see, and to top that all off, the soldiers come back post-conflict un-welcomed by most of society? Oh believe me, everyone cares to some extent.

Your right, when a Muslim does something wrong on a Grand Scale, all Muslims will be grouped together, but wait a minute. Doesn't that apply to everyone in some way? If a man commits a Domestic Violence act or Sexual Assault, don't feminists get all steamed up and chant #YesAllWomen on social media claiming that all men have belittled them at some point and men are blah blah blah? How about Ferguson, MO when the white cop shot the african-american teenager? Does that mean that "racism" is still one of the largest problems and that white people purposely commit hate crimes? How about the Kroger beating of the white kid a few weeks ago in Memphis, Tn by the MOB of at least 15-20 african-americans, but instead of calling that a hate crime, they were just simply playing a game called "the knock out game".

We can't choose the way we are born, and unfortunately there isn't one race/religion/culture in the world that can escape some sort of criticism on any level, that's just the way human behavior is. You think "Muslims have it sooooooo bad" in the eyes of the general public. What is the first word that comes to your mind when I say "Catholic Preacher"...The stereotype is no different.

Timeline

If Muslims are so bad, why do places like Saudi Arabia and UAE hold some of the biggest expat populations.

I just spent time in Malaysia, 61.3% Muslim and I didn't have one single problem. But maybe because I didn't go over there telling them to hell with their religion and Mohammad was a child molester. It is not for me to forcefully change people's religion and they didn't try to change me either. It is simply about respect.

Well said. I've never been to the UAE, but I do understand it to be one of the most diverse places in the world, and everyone is very respectful of differences there. Now, imagine if the rest of the middle east were to live in even 50% of the harmony that they do in UAE, do you still think it would be the same stereotype in the general public?

As you said, it's all about respect. This isn't the movie Thor or the Matrix, this is life, and as far as I know about life, there is only one God. Problem is, everyone just thinks THEY know what HE wants.

No one cares? Do you think mothers, brothers, fathers, sisters, wives, fiancee's, and hell even dogs of military members enjoy sending their relative soldier to fight a battle that may or may not be their religion (I actually served with a couple of Muslims in the US Army, great guys. I have no idea what these radical people are thinking), in countries where if you are captured you are more than likely going to have your head cut off and posted for the world to see, and to top that all off, the soldiers come back post-conflict un-welcomed by most of society? Oh believe me, everyone cares to some extent.

Your right, when a Muslim does something wrong on a Grand Scale, all Muslims will be grouped together, but wait a minute. Doesn't that apply to everyone in some way? If a man commits a Domestic Violence act or Sexual Assault, don't feminists get all steamed up and chant #YesAllWomen on social media claiming that all men have belittled them at some point and men are blah blah blah? How about Ferguson, MO when the white cop shot the african-american teenager? Does that mean that "racism" is still one of the largest problems and that white people purposely commit hate crimes? How about the Kroger beating of the white kid a few weeks ago in Memphis, Tn by the MOB of at least 15-20 african-americans, but instead of calling that a hate crime, they were just simply playing a game called "the knock out game".

We can't choose the way we are born, and unfortunately there isn't one race/religion/culture in the world that can escape some sort of criticism on any level, that's just the way human behavior is. You think "Muslims have it sooooooo bad" in the eyes of the general public. What is the first word that comes to your mind when I say "Catholic Preacher"...The stereotype is no different.

They are sent overseas for the U.S.'s interest, oil. Not because the U.S. actually cares about the people overseas they have to deal with the atrocious acts committed against them. And the U.S. dumped many translators and people who helped them during the war to side and left those people there to be dealt with by themselves. Didn't even give them visas to the U.S. Sure, us VJers and military families think of these issues, the everyday, average American only knows the media tells them Muslims are bad. They dig no further than the surface.

You just pointed out the blame that black people receive. Muslims, blacks and "Hispanics" rule this category by force, not by choice.

With this being said, how much positive publicity to the Catholic Church receive? Ow my gosh the Pope is going to Sri Lanka. The Pope just gave a private interview. This Pope is doing awesome things. When do you see this positive publicity about Muslims? It is rare.

I think we understand each other to a certain extinct.

Well said. I've never been to the UAE, but I do understand it to be one of the most diverse places in the world, and everyone is very respectful of differences there. Now, imagine if the rest of the middle east were to live in even 50% of the harmony that they do in UAE, do you still think it would be the same stereotype in the general public?

As you said, it's all about respect. This isn't the movie Thor or the Matrix, this is life, and as far as I know about life, there is only one God. Problem is, everyone just thinks THEY know what HE wants.

Something that is still lacking, the understanding of difference.

I really wish he would show his face to the world so we can end this nonsense. It is getting so bad we now have radical Buddhist trying to get rid of Christians and Muslims. Who ever thought there would be such a day that the Buddhist turn radical too.

Timeline

Yea, I hope you don't see me as disrespecting your opinion. In fact, I take everyone's opinion as education to either debate or strengthen my knowledge on subjects.

I just enjoy a good talk on current events as I don't know a lot of people who follow the news as often as I do and I haven't gotten around to follow this part of the forums since we had so much going on with actual visa content up until early this month.

I appreciate you debating/educating me on some things though, it's been fun :)

I'll address each of these separately:

1. It doesn't take a grand scale. If a person commits a crime and they happen to be a Muslim, it's a slight on the entire religion. If you go and shoot someone to death, that's on you. If I do it, I did it in the name of Islam, whether if I did it or not. And racism is still a problem in America, it's not as blatant as it used to be. And that's the problem.

2. Black people don't get hit with hate crime laws because the system is already going to slam the hell out of them anyway. If a black person kills a white person(with the exception of OJ, I have to add that because for some reason, people think because he got away with it, that make us even) they are going to jail for a long time, period. No I feared for my life, I felt threatened, or some other excuse. I wish they'd get rid of hate crime laws, because it is a reminder that we have to implement extra laws just because the color of our skin.

3. If you go anywhere and try to build a church, unless you pick an atheist town, you won't have any issues. Try to build a mosque anywhere in the US, and let me know what the reaction is.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yea, I hope you don't see me as disrespecting your opinion. In fact, I take everyone's opinion as education to either debate or strengthen my knowledge on subjects.

I just enjoy a good talk on current events as I don't know a lot of people who follow the news as often as I do and I haven't gotten around to follow this part of the forums since we had so much going on with actual visa content up until early this month.

I appreciate you debating/educating me on some things though, it's been fun :)

No I do not see you as disrespecting my opinion at all. And I hope you did not see me as this way either. I have truly enjoyed talking to you. You are in the right section to keep up with current events and news. Sometimes the jabs are a little hurtful, then you have very good debates and then sometimes we just have fun.

I think you have made some very good points and I look forward to continuing our discussions on any topic in the future. :thumbs: