Bammo

Bringing Biological Child to the USA

6 posts in this topic

My wife should be getting her visa soon. Her IV interview is at US Embassy in Manila on Wednesday. We have a 4-year old daughter. We have the CRBA for my daughter and she has been issued a US Passport. Can I just get her a plane thicket and bring her to USA? Or is there something else I need to do, like proof of vaccinations, or something?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Has the child already received any immunizations? Are they consistent with current US CDC childhood immunization recommendations? You should consider taking your child to a pediatrician and inquire about circumstances and necessary vaccinations for immigration to the US. I would daresay that obtaining the necessary immunizations in the Phils. would be cheaper than obtaining them later on in the US, depending on health care insurance coverage. In the US, each state determines which immunizations are required for your child's enrollment and attendance at a child care facility or school in that state. Contact your respective state's health department and inquire about immunization requirements.

(I could provide you with a state-specific link, but your timeline is incomplete.) :time: It helps everyone that uses the forum, or obtains helps from the forum.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/index.html

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Your child does not need any to enter the US, but as A&B pointed out, vaccinations should be up to date for the child's sake.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

You will need the vaccinations in order to enroll the child in school, that is if you are putting her in pre-K. The child needs to be up to date on all vaccines anyway, for her health as suggested above. However, I didn't know that they required proof of vaccines for USC's in order to enter the US.

This does not constitute legal advice.

• 1 month later...

My daughter has both a US Passport and a Philippines passport. Do I need to show both when checking in for flight out of Philippines to US? Since she was born in the Philippines, her US passport does not have stamp showing entry ino the Philippines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.