meggy91224

Any students with part time jobs and cosponsors accepted?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's up to the CO.

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves the interview phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We're in the same situation, but I am not that worried. As long as you have your papers in order and show some stable financials from your co-sponsor etc. It should be fine - we included a letter saying that my fiance is expected to graduate May 2015 and expect to make $xx.xxx based on market salary in the area for new grads.

Also, unsure where you file from but in Amsterdam they will also accept the beneficiaries finances which is a plus if you have some good savings to show.

It's up to the consulate if they accept joint sponsors for the K1, I think most of them do. Also, you can only have one joint sponsor for one person since joint sponsors can't combine their income with each other or with you, unless they are eligible household members. The only time you can have two joint sponsors is in cases of multiple immigrants coming at the same time.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

It's up to the consulate if they accept joint sponsors for the K1, I think most of them do. Also, you can only have one joint sponsor for one person since joint sponsors can't combine their income with each other or with you, unless they are eligible household members. The only time you can have two joint sponsors is in cases of multiple immigrants coming at the same time.

As the OP's timeline indicates an I-129F petition has been filed, they are most likely pursuing the K1 visa route. There is no combining of income for the I-134, which is what is used for the K1, regardless of whether they are eligible household members or not.

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

I was trying to explain to the OP that one intending immigrant cannot have more than one joint sponsor, unless they are household members. I should have specified that's for the I-864. For the I-134 he can have a joint sponsor if the consulate accepts it though, but again only one joint sponsor. I hope I explained it better.

Edited by Ian H.

Timeline

I was trying to explain to the OP that one intending immigrant cannot have more than one joint sponsor, unless they are household members. I should have specified that's for the I-864. For the I-134 he can have a joint sponsor if the consulate accepts it though, but again only one joint sponsor. I hope I explained it better.

that is not what your initial response suggested. you said that for K1s, "you can only have one joint sponsor for one person since joint sponsors can't combine their income with each other or with you, unless they are eligible household members". once again, the section in bold/underline is inaccurate, as the I-134 does not allow for combining of incomes, even with household members.

in any case, why are you explaining the terms of the I-864 to someone who is going through the K1 process and requires the I-134? IMO, that is bringing unnecessary confusion into the thread.

That is why I corrected myself. I wasn't trying to confuse the OP, but only make her aware that you cannot use two joint sponsors for one person with either the I-134 or the I-864 since she mentioned having two joint sponsors. The only reason I mentioned the I-864 part is so that she could be aware that once she has to do the I-864 she cannot have two joint sponsors for one person.

Timeline

That is why I corrected myself. I wasn't trying to confuse the OP, but only make her aware that you cannot use two joint sponsors for one person with either the I-134 or the I-864 since she mentioned having two joint sponsors. The only reason I mentioned the I-864 part is so that she could be aware that once she has to do the I-864 she cannot have two joint sponsors for one person.

it is generally more helpful to keep answers succinct and related to the original post in the thread. otherwise, you run the risk of bringing confusion and derailment into a thread, and others may end up having to repeatedly correct the misinformation posted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.