souldrac

Immigrant visa validity mistakes done by embassy!!!

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I'm new here and going through a terrible situation.I had my interview at US embassy,Dhaka on 22nd April 2014 and my medical exam was done on 8th April,2014.

Due to domicile issue embassy didn't issued visa at that time and asked some additional documents from my spouse.I have delivered those documents with the given blue sheet on 1st September ,2014.The consular officer gave me a white slip marked with "pass back" and asked me to come back on 2nd October,2014.I went to the embassy on due date waited for a while until my name was called.I went to the specific window the CO handover my passport and visa packet and asked me to check my visa information carefully.While i was checking I found that my visa was issued on 2nd October,2014 and valid till 8th October.I immediately show it to the CO.At first she was shocked to see the mistake.Then she asked me to wait for a while and went inside.After a while she came back with a blue sheet mentioning "Need new medical report".And also inform me they will call me once my medical report is available to them.

I want to add that due to Eid Ul Adha embassy and all other offices was closed from 3rd October to 7th October.So I went to do my medical on 8th october.While I was doing my medical tests embassy called me in my cell phone but I wasn't able to receive as I put my cell phone on silent mode.

Since then i haven't heard anything from the embassy.They just called me once and i missed it.Just to let you know my visa status went to administrative processing from issued on the same day(8th October)

If any of you went through this situation please share your experiences with me..I would like to know what is the typical wait time to receive my visa in hand and is there any additional documents they will ask from me again?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It has only been a week since your medical, I don;t think you need worry.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Thanks for your reply Penguin_ie..

I know its been a week only..I just wanted to know..

Am I in a complicated situation or it's just a normal procedure I'm going through.

Cause I have no idea about this whole situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your medical was good for 6 months so the embassy was correct on the initial issue of the visa. They should have asked for the new medical up front but I guess they were thinking you could fly in the few days the visa was valid ( lack of common sense seems to be a job requirement there ) Everything should work out better now and you will shortly get a visa with a longer window of validity

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Your medical was good for 6 months so the embassy was correct on the initial issue of the visa. They should have asked for the new medical up front but I guess they were thinking you could fly in the few days the visa was valid ( lack of common sense seems to be a job requirement there ) Everything should work out better now and you will shortly get a visa with a longer window of validity

Thanks for your reply..I totally agree with you they are lack of common sense..How they can imagine that someone will be able to make travel arrangements in such short period.Anyway hope to hear from them soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.