Emile Y

I need help about my DV Visa

24 posts in this topic

Ok, good luck with the process. Please take the care to ensure you have read all the instructions and to fill in your forms properly, as well as being sure you have all the right civil documents - the embassy in Ghana has a reputation for being very strict about mistakes.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi Susie, please i need your help in understanding the situation of a friend of mine, she won DV2013 lottery and her visa was approved but never issued. while filling the DS 260 forms 1&2 she did not mention that she had a permanent residence in a european country as well as previous travels around the world. She only mentioned places within her country that she has been too since reaching the age of 16. She argues they was not a clear provision in the form DS260 1&2 where she can explain her permanent residence status in Europe. She wants to apply for tourist to visit her brother in the US and wishes to include all her previous travels and her permanent residence status in europe in her non immigrant DS160 form. Could she face problems with her visa application? like concealment of materials etc, besides the fact that she has a good job with extensive travel history, what are her chances of getting the tourist visa ?

I can't remember the details of what the DS form asks for, but have you read the instructions properly on the dvselectee pages? If so you should know that high school is what qualifies you so in response to your initial question about being approved it won't matter.

In response to your follow up question :
If the form asks you to list all educational institutions *attended*, put the university. If it asks you highest level put "some university courses" or whatever the option is (that's the option on the entry form, I don't know about the DS). But if the form asks you to list *completed* education then leave it out, because you have not completed your university degree.

Hi Susie, please i need your help in understanding the situation of a friend of mine, she won DV2013 lottery and her visa was approved but never issued. while filling the DS 260 forms 1&2 she did not mention that she had a permanent residence in a european country as well as previous travels around the world. She only mentioned places within her country that she has been too since reaching the age of 16. She argues they was not a clear provision in the form DS260 1&2 where she can explain her permanent residence status in Europe. She wants to apply for tourist to visit her brother in the US and wishes to include all her previous travels and her permanent residence status in europe in her non immigrant DS160 form. Could she face problems with her visa application? like concealment of materials etc, besides the fact that she has a good job with extensive travel history, what are her chances of getting the tourist visa ?

I'm not clear about the concealment of facts, if you say the visa was approved? Why wasn't it issued? Are you sure it wasn't denied?

Normally: previous expression of immigrant intent can be a problem for a tourist visa, but can be overcome if you can show sufficient ties to the country of residence. This case confuses me because if concealment of facts was a problem the visa would have been denied. But( I was dv2013 too) I don't understand why it wouldn't have been issued if it was approved. Or why all the explanation about leaving things out (which is not really valid as many people have similar and list the relevant details in the DS form). Something doesn't add up here?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I'm not clear about the concealment of facts, if you say the visa was approved? Why wasn't it issued? Are you sure it wasn't denied?

Normally: previous expression of immigrant intent can be a problem for a tourist visa, but can be overcome if you can show sufficient ties to the country of residence. This case confuses me because if concealment of facts was a problem the visa would have been denied. But( I was dv2013 too) I don't understand why it wouldn't have been issued if it was approved. Or why all the explanation about leaving things out (which is not really valid as many people have similar and list the relevant details in the DS form). Something doesn't add up here?

Thanks susie for your reply, i have asked her to join the forum and explain her case, however she says her visa was approved because she had a successful interview but it was never issued because maybe she had a high case no and there were not enough visas available by the time they got to her. Her documents were returned to her several months later after she had to struggle to get them back from the embassy. She believes it was not denied the embassy never put a stamp on her passport, in this situation,

-How does she respond to the question on DS 160 if she has ever been denied a US visa?

-Does the fact that she didnt mention her permanent residence status in her DV lottery visa application affects her tourist visa application this time around?

Thank you

If she was indeed DV2013 there were no instances such as she described other than for Iranians who reached the country limit. I'm not really aware of these instances in DV2014 either - there were people who did not have interviews because there CNs were too high but obviously they did not have visas approved.

As far as i know there is no passport stamp for a denial.

Basically to cut through everything the question you're asking is: will there be problems if she puts false info or leaves info out of her tourist visa application? The answer is yes- denial and possible ban.

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello fellow VJourners! just amased by the recent visa bulletin released; MAY 6,2016(VISA BULLETIN THAT WILL APPLY IN JULLY), AFRICA has benefited consederable arithmetic progression however EUROPE and other countries have remain with the current bulletin to be applied same July(JUNE BULLETIN). WHY has the others remain stable? secondly, as such my case number is current for july as per the cut_off numbers; when exactly can i espect the 2NL and subsiquent interview? thanks

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi,great work

I won a dv lottery and was given an interview date on 4th of may,i missed my interview because myi had a delay in medicals for the Next,two months until july,the iom had told us they would communicate with the embassy so as to reshudle only to be told later that i was the one to do the reahedulin and reshedulin has been a problem,we were directed by nairobi consulate to the contracted site which i have difficulty in filling in since on dv choice it asks for ds 160 and i dont know whether ds 160 is filled by a dv applicant and now i dony knw what to do because the consulate is not helpful for theu keep reffering me to th site..have i lost th chance??? What do i do???

Please help...

Hello fellow VJourners! just amased by the recent visa bulletin released; MAY 6,2016(VISA BULLETIN THAT WILL APPLY IN JULLY), AFRICA has benefited consederable arithmetic progression however EUROPE and other countries have remain with the current bulletin to be applied same July(JUNE BULLETIN). WHY has the others remain stable? secondly, as such my case number is current for july as per the cut_off numbers; when exactly can i espect the 2NL and subsiquent interview? thanks

The other regions being "current" means that all case numbers are eligible for interview in those regions.

You can usually expect the interview letter about 6 weeks before the interview. No one can be more specific at this point beyond saying your interview will be sometime in July.

Hi,great work

I won a dv lottery and was given an interview date on 4th of may,i missed my interview because myi had a delay in medicals for the Next,two months until july,the iom had told us they would communicate with the embassy so as to reshudle only to be told later that i was the one to do the reahedulin and reshedulin has been a problem,we were directed by nairobi consulate to the contracted site which i have difficulty in filling in since on dv choice it asks for ds 160 and i dont know whether ds 160 is filled by a dv applicant and now i dony knw what to do because the consulate is not helpful for theu keep reffering me to th site..have i lost th chance??? What do i do???

Please help...

DS160 is for non-immigrant visas. Is it asking you to fill in this form? Or is it asking you for a reference number?

Have you been liaising with the immigrant visa unit at Nairobi? Or some other general contact?

I'm sorry the consulate is being unhelpful. Unfortunately at this point you are entirely at their mercy - once the interview is scheduled responsibility for the case passes from KCC to the consulate.

Edit to add: I see this on the Nairobi website - there are phone numbers both for the IV unit and the contractor - have you phoned either or both to explain the problem you are having now? Did you email the embassy as well?

"APPOINTMENTS: If you need to schedule or reschedule an appointment, or register for DHL in order to collect your passport, please visit our scheduling contractors website here (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ke/iv) or call them at (+254 20) 619-0600 (in Kenya) or +1 703 988 7112 (in the United States).

Appointments are scheduled for 6:30am, Monday through Thursday, excluding Kenyan or American holidays and the last Wednesday of every month. Immigrant Visa applicants will continue to pay required visa fees at the U.S. Embassy Nairobi cashier on the day of their interview.

QUESTIONS: For questions about your specific case, you may contact the Immigrant Visa Unit by email at ImmigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov or 363-6622 (Option 1) from Monday through Thursday, 1:00-4:00p.m. Note that we are closed to the public the last Wednesday of every month and all Kenyan and American holidays. "

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.