Emile Y

I need help about my DV Visa

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello,

Please i need in understanding what might be wrong with my DV lottery visa application at the embassy in Yaounde. I had my interview on the 16th of September 2014 and the consular officer told me at the end of the interview that my visa has been approved and he gave me a yellow paper to come on the 9th of October 2014 at 3PM to pick up my visa. I was at the embassy on the 9th of October and while the names were being read for pick ups, i did not hear my name and no further information was given to those of us who did not hear our names as when next we should call at the embassy or what to do. Curiously, I called the embassy on the 15/10/14 to find out about my visa, I was asked my case number which i gave and i was asked to come back on the 22/10/14 for a final decision. I told the lady that i do not understand what she meant by ''final decision'' because the consular officer already told me during my interview that my visa has been approved so what final decision could she mean this time but she insisted that i come back to the embassy for a final decision.

I just wish someone can tell me if there could be a problem with my visa considering that people who were interviewed with me on the same day received their visas on the 9th of October.

Thanks and waiting

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

A friend of mine just called me this morning telling me her documents were returned to her on wednesday the 15th of October at the US embassy in Yaounde.The embassy expressed their appology saying that the visas were limited. She had her interview on the 5th of August 2014 during which the consular officer told her that her visa was approved and issued the yellow paper for pick up but she lacked her police record and was asked to submit it which she did 3 days later. Since then the embassy never contacted her. By mid september, she was making trips to the embassy every thursday to findout if her visa was ready but in vain. She was a 2014 DV selectee. I remember very well that people who were being interviewed with me on the 16th of September 2014 had their visas on the 9th of October 2014, How come someone interviewed on the 5th of August is being told that visas were limited?

• 1 year later...
Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello to all, pls wanted to know If an unlock dv DS 260 and subsiquent resumit can affect the processing of your case? i want to know becuz i had wrote the kcc department and they did reopen my ds 260 form which i corrected and resumited however they have not replied via my email to let me know if they recieved it but actually printed the new confirmation pad which is required to be taken for the visa interview! My worry is to know if they are not to send an auto reply message as they did for the first sudmit in November? won the dv 2016!

Hello to all, pls wanted to know If an unlock dv DS 260 and subsiquent resumit can affect the processing of your case? i want to know becuz i had wrote the kcc department and they did reopen my ds 260 form which i corrected and resumited however they have not replied via my email to let me know if they recieved it but actually printed the new confirmation pad which is required to be taken for the visa interview! My worry is to know if they are not to send an auto reply message as they did for the first sudmit in November? won the dv 2016!

If you were able to successfully resubmit then it's fine, it's on file. Good luck for your interview.

As for the autoreplies....yeah it seems inconsistent whether or not those get sent, don't worry about that!

Filed: V-2 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello

Thanks for all your valuable informations and prompt responses to all questions asked.

I've just been selected for 2017 dv lottery Visa processing and I need few clarifications before I proceed to complete the form.

Please, how can I resolve the situation where I couldn't graduate from the university since 2012 because I had an issue with my long essay but have been teaching in a private secondary school for past three years?

Will this affect my chance of getting approved? I've senior secondary school certificate. Can I use my transcript even though I've the long essay pending but completed without certificates from the university?

Please what must I do?

Thank you.

Hello

Thanks for all your valuable informations and prompt responses to all questions asked.

I've just been selected for 2017 dv lottery Visa processing and I need few clarifications before I proceed to complete the form.

Please, how can I resolve the situation where I couldn't graduate from the university since 2012 because I had an issue with my long essay but have been teaching in a private secondary school for past three years?

Will this affect my chance of getting approved? I've senior secondary school certificate. Can I use my transcript even though I've the long essay pending but completed without certificates from the university?

Please what must I do?

Thank you.

Please take the time to read the requirements properly.

They won't care about your university travails as long as you have completed secondary school satisfactorily, which presumably you did as you went to university.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

Thanks again for your time.

Please pardon me for mine inability to grasp your explanation.

Please, the last question is would I have to include anything concerning the university qualification in the application?

Thank you very much.

Timeline

Thanks again for your time.

Please pardon me for mine inability to grasp your explanation.

Please, the last question is would I have to include anything concerning the university qualification in the application or I need not mention it at all?

Thank you very much.

I can't remember the details of what the DS form asks for, but have you read the instructions properly on the dvselectee pages? If so you should know that high school is what qualifies you so in response to your initial question about being approved it won't matter.

In response to your follow up question :

If the form asks you to list all educational institutions *attended*, put the university. If it asks you highest level put "some university courses" or whatever the option is (that's the option on the entry form, I don't know about the DS). But if the form asks you to list *completed* education then leave it out, because you have not completed your university degree.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.