Dan and Judy

CDC changing name to CDD

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You mean 98.6. That is an average normal temperature. Everyone is different though. A 1 degree celcius increase (which is ~2 degree F increase) over your normal baseline temperature is considered a fever. Your normal temperature changes during the course of the day also.

To make it easier, 100.4 F is considered a fever. If we used metric like everyone else, we could just remember 37 and 38 degrees celcius.

My normal AM temperature is 97.3 F, so for me a fever would be 99.1 F. If I went to see my doctor, he would insist that a fever is 100.4 F and send me home.

If the caller to CDC had nursed Patient Zero, I'd say any slightly elevated temperature should preclude her from flying. Surely it's prudent to err on the side of caution. I guess that's pre-O'bama thinking. :rolleyes:

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

If the caller to CDC had nursed Patient Zero, I'd say any slightly elevated temperature should preclude her from flying. Surely it's prudent to err on the side of caution. I guess that's pre-O'bama thinking. :rolleyes:

That is the protocol. She wasn't supposed to be flying on public transportation.

BTW, patient zero died in March.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

You mean 98.6. That is an average normal temperature. Everyone is different though. A 1 degree celcius increase (which is ~2 degree F increase) over your normal baseline temperature is considered a fever. Your normal temperature changes during the course of the day also.

To make it easier, 100.4 F is considered a fever. If we used metric like everyone else, we could just remember 37 and 38 degrees celcius.

My normal AM temperature is 97.3 F, so for me a fever would be 99.1 F. If I went to see my doctor, he would insist that a fever is 100.4 F and send me home.

Thank you for making my point. My normal temp is around 96.8°. But if I get my vitals taken and try to tell the nurse I have a low grade fever at 99, I am always blown off. Even if I try to get them to believe my normal temp is 98.6°.

So publishing one single temp as an indicator or symptom of ebola is not the best idea. A temp RISE would be a better indicator of a fever.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you for making my point. My normal temp is around 96.8°. But if I get my vitals taken and try to tell the nurse I have a low grade fever at 99, I am always blown off. Even if I try to get them to believe my normal temp is 98.6°.

So publishing one single temp as an indicator or symptom of ebola is not the best idea. A temp RISE would be a better indicator of a fever.

Ideally it would. Many people don't know what there body temperature usually is.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can only contact Ebola through the exchange of bodily fluids. That nurse must have given the patient a bloh jobb.

Edited by one...two...tree

You can only contact Ebola through the exchange of bodily fluids. That nurse must have given the patient a bloh jobb.

Actually, you can contact ebola with anything, as long as they touch.

Contracting ebola does require the touching of a bodily fluid (NOT exchange of bodily fluids). Touching saliva with a gloved hand, then getting said gloved hand in a cut, opening, or mucus membrane. Getting a contaminated surface in contact with you can do the same thing. Again, exchange of fluids is not required. Also, touching an infected animal (they don't specify touching fluids of an infected animal, but prolly stands to reason); certainly eating one would put one at risk, depending on the ability of the virus to withstand heat (how much and for how long being variables I wouldn't want to experiment with).

Having said that, the CDC also says the following:

A cough from a sick patient could infect someone close enough to be sprayed with droplets of mucus or saliva. People dealing with anyone who may be ill are told to stand at least three feet away, preferably six. Being within three feet of a patient for a prolonged time, without wearing protective gear, is considered direct contact, according to Frieden.

I got this scratch on my hand from one of my lab monkeys...........................

You got scratched while spanking a monkey? Brudda, that has nothing to do with Hilary and Benghazi. Please try to stay on topic.

You got scratched while spanking a monkey? Brudda, that has nothing to do with Hilary and Benghazi. Please try to stay on topic.

You think the blood dripping out of my eye sockets is anything to be concerned about?

You think the blood dripping out of my eye sockets is anything to be concerned about?

Considering that you are at least 800 miles away from me, no, I am not concerned in the slightest. No chance of me ever touching your blood. :rofl:

Considering that you are at least 800 miles away from me, no, I am not concerned in the slightest. No chance of me ever touching your blood. :rofl:

Speaking of being 800 miles away, what have you done with NB?

Speaking of being 800 miles away, what have you done with NB?

He snuck back into the US just before the ban on all flights from outside our borders, but I haven't seen much activity from him. Maybe he's digging an 0'bola bunker at the back of his property? ;)