Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

pack 3 and original documents

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria

I have a short question: Do I need to submit the original final divorce decree to the embassy for the pack 3 or is a copy sufficient? the issue is that the court has the original divorce decree. Thanks for your help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania

U need the original, no copy is alowed, the only thing u ca do is go to the court and get a certified copy with the original court stamp

Edited by MariaLD

K1/K2 Visa
05-28-2014 - I-129F Sent
06-09-2014 - I-129F NOA1
10-27-2014 - I-129F NOA2
12-05-2014 - NVC Received
12-08-2014 - Left NVC 
12-12-2014 - Consulate Received
12-15-2014 - Pack 3 Received

01-08-2015 - Interview Date APPROVED!!!!!
01-11-2015 - Visa Received
01-16-2015 - US Entry
03-25-2015 - Marriage


08-28-2015 - AOS pack sent in 00-00-20__ - I-751 Sent
08-31-2015 - NOA for all 3 packs received via email
09-29-2015 - Bio Appt
11-27-2015 - Approval (No interview)
12-03-2015- Green card received


10-04-2017- I-751 sent

10-16-2017- NOA 1

11-14-2017 - Bio. Appt.

2 extension letters received 

03-06-2019 - RFE

06-15-2019 - requested a passport stamp/approved 

06-18-2019 - 10 years green card approved (no interview)


07-05-2019 - N400 sent online

07-06-2019 - Noa 1

07-25-2019 - Bio.Appt


VrQDm4.pngAMMkm4.png wFiZm4.pngz6nxm4.png


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine

You can't submit the original, but you submit a notarized, by the court, copy of the decree. You will get it back. It might cost a few bucks, but this copy is then forever yours.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, you have to get a copy certified (stamped by the issuing agency, the court) to send if you can't send the original.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...