PedroR

Medical appointment

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi again, I was doing some more research, this time about the medical appointment, and I didn't know it had to be done in the country of the interview.

Right now I libe in the UK but I'm from Portugal and I was in Portugal when I first applied last year. I chose to do my interview in Paris, because I had the information that for all European applicants it had to be there. Basically, I have no problem with being examined in Paris it's just that I need to go there before my interview just for that reason.

Nevertheless, my questions are:

1) I was looking at the approved physicians in Paris and, in the pdf document that I downloaded from the DV Lottery website there is an approved physician in Portugal that I could go and see. And the document states that this is for the Paris embassy. I don't understand, can I really see this doctor in Portugal (because it's in the document) even though my interview is in Paris?

2) If I decide to go on with the Parisian physician, how earlier should I get to Paris before the interview to see the doctor? I'd like to try to avoid going there 2 different times. If I could do everything in the same trip it would be better.

Once again, thanks in advance for your help.

CN: 2015EU23XXX

*fingers crossed*

Wow you are trying to make things complicated aren't you!

You should interview and do the medical in London. You live there, there is a big shiny embassy there and they speak English there (and by the way, Paris is very strict - especially for foreigners, and probably more so to those living in the UK).

I assume you put your UK address on your DS260 - so they will probably schedule you in London anyway, but if I were you I would unlock the form (by emailing KCC) and change that on the form just to be sure.

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Timeline

Thanks to both of you for your help. Yeah, when I really want to make sure that I'm doing everything right I might have a tendency to complicate. :P

I've e-mailed KCC and I'm crossing my fingers that I can have the interview in London then.

Cheers!

*fingers crossed*

Timeline

So I got an e-mail back from KCC and they have accepted my request to change the interview location from Paris to London.

Thank you so much Britsimon and Susie, you just saved me a hell of a headache.

*fingers crossed*

So I got an e-mail back from KCC and they have accepted my request to change the interview location from Paris to London.

Thank you so much Britsimon and Susie, you just saved me a hell of a headache.

Good news!

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I'm sorry I'm getting back to you so late. I've been away for a few weeks and didn't check the forum.

Basically, what I told KCC on my e-mail was that when I first applied I was living in Portugal and I read on the Portuguese Embassy website that all interviews were held in Paris. However, when I submitted the form I was already living in the UK (as they can check because I used my UK address) and I didn't know I could have my interview in London. So I politely asked if it was possible to change my interview location due to all these reasons and since I'm currently living in the UK. I told the truth and asked as politely as possible.

They got back to me a few days later saying that they changed the interview location but it wasn't necessary to unlock the form. When I get my second e-mail with the interview date it should say that it will be held in London and, if it doesn't, I can contact them again.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

*fingers crossed*

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

I'm sorry I'm getting back to you so late. I've been away for a few weeks and didn't check the forum.

Basically, what I told KCC on my e-mail was that when I first applied I was living in Portugal and I read on the Portuguese Embassy website that all interviews were held in Paris. However, when I submitted the form I was already living in the UK (as they can check because I used my UK address) and I didn't know I could have my interview in London. So I politely asked if it was possible to change my interview location due to all these reasons and since I'm currently living in the UK. I told the truth and asked as politely as possible.

They got back to me a few days later saying that they changed the interview location but it wasn't necessary to unlock the form. When I get my second e-mail with the interview date it should say that it will be held in London and, if it doesn't, I can contact them again.

Hey,

Im in a similar kind of position. when i first entered the dv lottery, i was in sweden and the confirmation page said i would be interviewed in stockholms, sweden. but while filling up the ds 260 form, i clicked the option to be interviewed in kathmandu, nepal because thats where i live now. so do you think i should still send them an email and confirm my interview location? i already unlocked my ds 260 once to update my passport info since i have a new passport now and i dont want to bother them too much. thanks

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Dear Pedro,

can you please tell me which is KCC email address? I need to contact them but I am not able to find it.

I also tried to write to NVC but I haven't received any reply yet. How long does it usually take to get a reply from them?

Thanks,

Adalb

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

KCC email is on your selectee letter. NVC have got nothing at all to do with DV cases so won't be able to help you.

Thanks Susie, I found it on my confirmation letter. You're helpful as always! :)

I wrote to NVC because on US govt site they say they can help on questions about ds-260. Anyway, no answer from them in 10 days, not even a message received confirmation.

I try to email KCC then. Do you know how long does it take to hear from them?

Thanks,

Adalb

Thanks Susie, I found it on my confirmation letter. You're helpful as always! :)

I wrote to NVC because on US govt site they say they can help on questions about ds-260. Anyway, no answer from them in 10 days, not even a message received confirmation.

I try to email KCC then. Do you know how long does it take to hear from them?

Thanks,

Adalb

When you write to KCC, be sure to include full name, case number and date of birth (US style mm-dd-yyyy) in the email. Depending how busy they are, anywhere from a day to a week to hear back. You should get an automated response almost immediately and then a proper response in due course.

Timeline

Hey,

Im in a similar kind of position. when i first entered the dv lottery, i was in sweden and the confirmation page said i would be interviewed in stockholms, sweden. but while filling up the ds 260 form, i clicked the option to be interviewed in kathmandu, nepal because thats where i live now. so do you think i should still send them an email and confirm my interview location? i already unlocked my ds 260 once to update my passport info since i have a new passport now and i dont want to bother them too much. thanks

Hey there,

If you chose the embassy in Nepal I don't think you need to e-mail KCC. What happened with me was that when I filled the form I chose the Paris embassy because I thought I had to, only later here in the forum did I realise how stupid I had been and that I could have chosen the embassy closest to me. So, if in your DS-260 you chose Nepal you can relax :)

*fingers crossed*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.