DianaSa

My husband never file tax

22 posts in this topic

Is he even allowed to file a spouse visa? I vaguely remember that there might be some residency rules for the US citizen as well, like having lived in the US for at least 5 years past his 14th birthday. Does that ring a bell to anyone else?

event.png

Is he even allowed to file a spouse visa? I vaguely remember that there might be some residency rules for the US citizen as well, like having lived in the US for at least 5 years past his 14th birthday. Does that ring a bell to anyone else?

That's for passing citizenship to his child(ren) - CRBA, not for petitioning someone.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I agree. There is no requirement that the petitioner live in the US for a specific period of time in order to petition. It only concerns thing like derivative citizenship and political office.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

He didn't know that he needs to fille taxes in the US. My parents in law never told him that he needs to do it.

My parents in law and my sister in law are also USC and they never did it and all of them live in Portugal.

He can download forms 1040 and 2555. It's easy to fill out and all earnings up to $90,000 will be exempt. He can file it now by mailing it in and attach copies of tax return for AOS. He does not need anything other than being as US citizen and social security number to fill in the forms and mail it out. The forms are available on irs.gov website.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2013-10-18
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-10-24
I-130 Approved : 2014-06-26
NVC Received : 2014-07-08
Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-04
Received AOS Bill : 2014-08-06
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-07
Send AOS Package : 2014-08-13
Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-15
Paid IV Bill: 2014-09-17
Submit DS-260 : 2014-09-17
Send IV Packet : 2014-10-4
AOS Checklist : 2014-10-8
NVC Case Complete : 2014-11-21
Interview: 2015-01-06
POE: 2015-01-22 :dancing:

That's for passing citizenship to his child(ren) - CRBA, not for petitioning someone.

Can anyone spell out what those residency rules are for passing on citizenship to a USC's children born abroad? It's come up in several threads lately posted by people who left the U.S. as toddlers and want to bring their foreign spouse. It'd be great to be able to link directly to the laws and spell out the specific guidelines.

The law is the least discriminatory when children are born in wedlock to two USC parents, and to think we are in the 21st century. It varies when the child is born to out of wedlock parents and when one is an alien. Here is a link:

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/legal-considerations/us-citizenship-laws-policies/citizenship-child-born-abroad.html

Can anyone spell out what those residency rules are for passing on citizenship to a USC's children born abroad? It's come up in several threads lately posted by people who left the U.S. as toddlers and want to bring their foreign spouse. It'd be great to be able to link directly to the laws and spell out the specific guidelines.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

thank you all....

I'm so glad for all the replies.

We will call to the US Embassy in Lisbon to ask for some help to fill tax.

Diana

P.S. - I'm sorry if my English is not so good.

We will uptade our timeline :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.