flip-ina

Wrong date of marriage on MC

13 posts in this topic

Hi i am new here and just wanted to ask about the wrong date of our marriage, would it be a big problem to my interview on the 3rd of November? We filed CR1 and evrything went good, No RFE or Checklist from the USCIS and NVC, we actually followed the date thats written on our NSO issued marriage certificate, now the problem was we got married Mar12, then my husband left Mar14 last year flew back to the states then on our Marriage Certificate our wedding date was April04, im thinking about his passport exit stamp from here in the Phil, am I going to be deny for a visa or something? I just wanted to know really, what I have to do before my interview about it I am completely stressed :( please help! TIA

A lot of marriage certificates also include the date it was accepted by the registrar/issuing authority. Can you double check and confirm?

I dont know where I can see when they accepted it, i saw below it was issued april 04, what was that mean? I am really stressed about it. :(

That probably refers to the date they printed the marriage certificate, which was likely a few days after your wedding. Do you have it in front of you? Read us all of the dates listed on it.

We got married March 12, my husband flew back states March 14, then on our MC our marriage date was April 04, and i just asked my mother to get it for me in our LCRO after a month of our wedding back in the province, then i saw it was written like that but then we still wait for our NSO Authenticated Copy, our marriage date there was still april4 so we just decided to file our case cr1 and followed that date on our marriage certificate. Is it a big problem to my interviewnext month?

I didnt have it in front of me, coz I just asked my mother to get it for me coz I cant leave my work :(

in my opinion i think much better to go to NSO to fix it and ask them what is the best thing to do.before i have also problem regarding the middle name of my father in law and what i did is i submit supplemental documents and after 2 months i got NSO with notation.because that problem is clerical error.

Hi, thank you for your comment. I agree with you but Im thinking I will just wait til my interview is done so we know what we can do about it, or so we know if its an issue bigtime :) but then we are hoping that evrything goes smooth and well, in all our applications and CR1 process we used whats on our marriage certificate so maybe its too late for us right now to fix it

I dont know where I can see when they accepted it, i saw below it was issued april 04, what was that mean? I am really stressed about it. :(

Issued means the date they printed it. It does not mean the date you were married. Stop worrying. My birth certificate, a certified copy, says it was issued in 2012, but obviously I wasn't born on that day. ;) You're okay!

If you put down the wrong date on all your forms because you thought your marriage certificate says you were married on apr 4th vs march 12th, then you should mention that at interview.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Thank you NLR! :*

The issued date and the marriage date on my MC were the same, but on all our forms, i used what is on our marriage certificate which is April04, coz that is what I used to in my papers here in the Phils so i wont get a problem. Thank you again :*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.