Me&Her

MSC processing time

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

MIL was here on a visitor visa and we petitioned her for a green card earlier this year.

I-130 and I-485 has no movement since the NOA 1 was issued (02/24/2014), while I-131 and I-765 has been approved and we received the combo card for travel and employment authorization in May 2014. The last communication was a letter (postal mail) informing us that interview may be waved because of back log, since then, nothing.

I checked USCIS's field office processing dates, and found that the latest date available for Washington DC is 1/6/2014 for I-485. I thought I-131 needs to be approved before I-485 can be approved, but nowhere I can find out which office is adjudicating I-131. All 4 forms (I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765) are MSC cases.

Thoughts?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from China Regional Forum to WST-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about AOS case status, adjusting from visitor (tourist) visa~

Hopefully you will get more pertinent responses at this forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

combo AP/EAD card? I-131 already approved, so stop trying to link stuff that ain't linkable.

IMO, the issuance of the AP/EAD combo card has NOTHING to do with I-485 adjudication queue. I hope you can adopt the same opinion.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

combo AP/EAD card? I-131 already approved, so stop trying to link stuff that ain't linkable.

IMO, the issuance of the AP/EAD combo card has NOTHING to do with I-485 adjudication queue. I hope you can adopt the same opinion.

Yes it is a combo card for AP/EAD. I know it is different when wife went through the same process and the AP was a piece of paper and the EAD is a card.

So you are saying that now that my MIL has the AP/EAD, her I-131 is approved?

Timeline

yes. I-131 is AP. However - I would be wary of her using it, until she has green card in hand,

as

leaving the USA whilst the I-485 is still processing ---mostly likely USCIS will see the departure as abandonment of the green card application.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

yes. I-131 is AP. However - I would be wary of her using it, until she has green card in hand,

as

leaving the USA whilst the I-485 is still processing ---mostly likely USCIS will see the departure as abandonment of the green card application.

That is the purpose of AP: to be able to leave the country and return while awaiting the completion of the green card process, without it being abandoned. AP is irrelevant once they have their green card. CBP isn't required to re-admit them, but that is entirely different.

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

Timeline

OK, apparently I was brain-dead when replying to Darnell...

I somehow think Darnell was saying I-130 was approved because of the issuance of the AP/EAD combo card, now I re-read the posts, and I realized that it is the I-131 was approved so that we have the combo AP/EAD card. Duh!!!

Now back to the topic, regarding the order of I-130 and I-485, now that the local office (Washington DC) is processing the I-485... So here are the questions:

1. Who is/will be adjudicating I-130? Is there a timeline to check it?

2. Is the approval/deny of the I-485 based on the I-130?

3. If so, I-485 will not be adjudicated until I-130, no?

Timeline

ok - I-130 and I-485 are together -

usually not need interview for approving I-130

may be need interview for approving the I-485

so - if casefile needing interview, then going to local office, adjudicator at a local office,

and

maybe nothing is approved until the interview , day of or a few weeks later.

so, for MSC queue , I say don't bother with it - yer on the right track to study the field office queue.

You can always inquire with the local office, ask if they have the A-File or the casefile yet... [usually done via infopass]

Timeline

Just check, Washington DC office is process time for I-485 is now January 31, 2014, on August 31, 2014. Comparing this with the last update--it was January 15, 2014 as of July 31, 2014, its pretty safe to ASSUME that MIL's paper, dated February 24, 2014, should be processed by October 30, 2014.

By the way Darnell, who's the chick in the video within your signature? Very distractive (Did I say attractive?)

[EDITED]: Thank goodness Google, her name is Choi Soo-young. Meh...

Edited by Me&Her

Just check, Washington DC office is process time for I-485 is now January 31, 2014, on August 31, 2014. Comparing this with the last update--it was January 15, 2014 as of July 31, 2014, its pretty safe to ASSUME that MIL's paper, dated February 24, 2014, should be processed by October 30, 2014.

By the way Darnell, who's the chick in the video within your signature? Very distractive (Did I say attractive?)

[EDITED]: Thank goodness Google, her name is Choi Soo-young. Meh...

The DC field office was on January 6th as of July 31st for I-485 cases, not the date you listed.

Timeline

The DC field office was on January 6th as of July 31st for I-485 cases, not the date you listed.

Oh OK, so they made quite a progress then, an even bigger jump. Thanks for pointing this out.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. These dates are for the last case they processed (including ones with RFE's, delays etc). For example, the Detroit field office seems to be going backwards because they were around January 30 as of July, but now they are at December 15 as of August 31st. In other words they may have processed some that are most recent, but the last one was filed Dec 15.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. These dates are for the last case they processed (including ones with RFE's, delays etc). For example, the Detroit field office seems to be going backwards because they were around January 30 as of July, but now they are at December 15 as of August 31st. In other words they may have processed some that are most recent, but the last one was filed Dec 15.

That's how I understand the processing times website. My local office, for example shows an older date than my filing date, yet I have an interview scheduled.

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

OK, so Halloween came and go, it is November and there is still no news on my MIL's green card. Checked USCIS application status yielded nothing, and checked the processes time at the Washington DC office, it still shows "January 31" as of August 31, 2014, which is more than 2 months old. My prediction was inaccurate and my assumption was not safe, after all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.