kimi3000

Can he visit AFTER the K-1 has been issued?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Got some great news yesterday--the visa interview is scheduled for October 21st. Woo hoo! However, that is way earlier than I had figured, and my fiance was planning on coming to the US to visit me in November. If the visa has already been issued, can he still come just to visit? I know he has 6 months to use the visa, but since it's supposedly printed in his passport, it could raise some questions. He wasn't planning on moving over permanently until January.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks all!

Kim

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Once the visa is in his passport, he needs to use it next time he visits. The only exception I have seen to this is that Canadians travelling by car sometimes get away with it.

If the November visit is important, I would see about delaying the interview. Another option MIGHT be to have the interview, but mention he needs to travel and ask for his passport back at interview, then send it in to the embassy for visa stamping after the November visit. I am not sure if that would work though.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Unfortunately he can only enter the US once.

At the interview he will give them his passport & the next time he'll get his passport back he will have the visa in it....

We're in the same boat.. my fiance cannot come because of work and I cannot go there because I already have my visa and I cannot move there until beginning of 2015.

Try to see if you can push the interview till when he's back or just see if it would be possible for him to already move to the US in november/december.

Good luck !!!

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Got some great news yesterday--the visa interview is scheduled for October 21st. Woo hoo! However, that is way earlier than I had figured, and my fiance was planning on coming to the US to visit me in November. If the visa has already been issued, can he still come just to visit?

No the K-1 would be used first.....so no visiting, just immigration to permanently reside in the US>

I know he has 6 months to use the visa, but since it's supposedly printed in his passport, it could raise some questions. He wasn't planning on moving over permanently until January.

Then he waits until that time to come over.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks all!

Kim

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.