lucho562

January Filers

1,748 posts in this topic

JG: Yes I know! lol

Hang in there ALL!

I faxed my congressman info today, they will send an inquiry tomorrow. My hands are now tied, I have done all I can! Time to have a life!

FutureMrs,

I'm counting on your post of whatever you learn regarding your petition that you can share. No new NOA2s posted in the timelines yet today.. :(

...sigh George

I wrote Congressmen two weeks ago Tuesday regarding inconsistent processing times and the overall lengthy process of obtaining family-based visas. I didn't (at this time) request for assistance with my own petition specifically - although I did sign all of the information waivers to provide them with any information that may be of assistance (and hey - if they want to help - by all means, get on it). Followed up with an email yesterday because I had not received a response yet. Today I got a letter in the post from my Senator who is up for re-election next year. Posted response he sent me in the USCIS forum.

California Service Center

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hang in there ALL!

I faxed my congressman info today, they will send an inquiry tomorrow. My hands are now tied, I have done all I can! Time to have a life!

FutureMrs,

I'm counting on your post of whatever you learn regarding your petition that you can share. No new NOA2s posted in the timelines yet today.. :(

...sigh George

I wrote Congressmen two weeks ago Tuesday regarding inconsistent processing times and the overall lengthy process of obtaining family-based visas. I didn't (at this time) request for assistance with my own petition specifically - although I did sign all of the information waivers to provide them with any information that may be of assistance (and hey - if they want to help - by all means, get on it). Followed up with an email yesterday because I had not received a response yet. Today I got a letter in the post from my Senator who is up for re-election next year. Posted response he sent me in the USCIS forum.

This will be interesting, thank you. I can't get the link to work.

George

Join a free international relationship forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RussianBrideList (http://tinyurl.com/yagk6wu)

The RBL is a forum of 1,400+ members(married, searching and single) in active discussions about emigration/immigration concerns

and visas, East-West Relations, EE history. Current topics include immigration issues, learning the language, children in American

schools, deals on apartments and airfare when visiting the former Soviet Union(especially Ukraine and Russia), and more!

100% free from support by commercial interests.

2007-01-19 I-129F Sent to Nebraska to sponsor fiancee in Kiev

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-05-18 NVC receives application

2007-07-03 Interview went off without a snag! K-1 visa APPROVED

2007-07-10 International passport with K-1 visa received from courier

2007-07-17 Entered U.S. at JFK

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

2007-10-06 NOA1 for AOS and EAD, 12-10 EAD Card ordered per USCIS site, and THREE CRIS emails

2008-03-26 Effortless and pleasant AOS I-485 interview in Detroit APPROVED!

2009-09-18 Tania's first visit home, eager to get back to the U.S. due to poor living conditions in Ukraine

2010-01-25 Mailed I-751 for "Lifting of Conditions" AKA 10 year green card

2010-02-08 Biometrics appointment NOA, 02-15 Biometrics appointment, simple and quick

Filed: Timeline

Hang in there ALL!

FutureMrs,

...sigh George

This will be interesting, thank you. I can't get the link to work.

George

Just click on the username and find username's posts!

I will surely let everyone know when and if I hear anything! :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have been watching this thread for a while now for a friend that filed late in January. Try not to let this wait get you down. I know it seems like forever but in the grand scheme of things it is nothing. If you look at our timeline we waited a long time for the approval. At the time it seemed like forever. Now that it is all behind it was nothing.

On the bright side, the process moves very quickly after this step.

Try to find some patience in your heart. Think ahead!.

Does your foreign love speak English well? You may want to find ESL classes for them.

Are there children involved? You should talk to the school.

Do you have tax records for the I 134?

Do you know where your local health department is so that you can complete the immunizations?

Do you understand the DS 3025, the I 94, and the I 693A?

When you get the NOA2 it is very important to protect it. Make a lot of copies. If you lose this document it will cost you 200 bucks to get a copy.

Have you read about work authorization? This takes a while and frustrates most people down the line

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Here's the Congressman response I got. This will be a bit easier anyways. Not TECHNICALLY a double post, right? :whistle:

Dear Ms. Tiffany

Thank you for your recent correspondence and for bringing this matter to my attention. The decisions of federal agencies have a direct impace on the lives of many Texans. For that reason, I understand the importance of this issue to you. As your United States Senator, I am happy to offer my assistance.

Accordingly, I have contacted the appropriate officials at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and asked them to provide a response to your concerns. I will write you again as soon as I receive their reply to my inquiry.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent you in the United States Senate and to be of service in this matter.

Sincerely,

John Cornyn

United States Senator

P.S. Thanks for the much-needed pep talk, Sjoe. Think we're all a bit down lately with CSC dragging their feet!!!

Edited by Dan&Tiffany

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Here's the Congressman response I got. This will be a bit easier anyways. Not TECHNICALLY a double post, right? :whistle:

Dear Ms. Tiffany

Thank you for your recent correspondence and for bringing this matter to my attention. The decisions of federal agencies have a direct impace on the lives of many Texans. For that reason, I understand the importance of this issue to you. As your United States Senator, I am happy to offer my assistance.

Accordingly, I have contacted the appropriate officials at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and asked them to provide a response to your concerns. I will write you again as soon as I receive their reply to my inquiry.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent you in the United States Senate and to be of service in this matter.

Sincerely,

John Cornyn

United States Senator

P.S. Thanks for the much-needed pep talk, Sjoe. Think we're all a bit down lately with CSC dragging their feet!!!

Thank you!

George

Join a free international relationship forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RussianBrideList (http://tinyurl.com/yagk6wu)

The RBL is a forum of 1,400+ members(married, searching and single) in active discussions about emigration/immigration concerns

and visas, East-West Relations, EE history. Current topics include immigration issues, learning the language, children in American

schools, deals on apartments and airfare when visiting the former Soviet Union(especially Ukraine and Russia), and more!

100% free from support by commercial interests.

2007-01-19 I-129F Sent to Nebraska to sponsor fiancee in Kiev

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-05-18 NVC receives application

2007-07-03 Interview went off without a snag! K-1 visa APPROVED

2007-07-10 International passport with K-1 visa received from courier

2007-07-17 Entered U.S. at JFK

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

2007-10-06 NOA1 for AOS and EAD, 12-10 EAD Card ordered per USCIS site, and THREE CRIS emails

2008-03-26 Effortless and pleasant AOS I-485 interview in Detroit APPROVED!

2009-09-18 Tania's first visit home, eager to get back to the U.S. due to poor living conditions in Ukraine

2010-01-25 Mailed I-751 for "Lifting of Conditions" AKA 10 year green card

2010-02-08 Biometrics appointment NOA, 02-15 Biometrics appointment, simple and quick

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Question. When you contact your state representative, does he/she respond to you directly or do they have a group of people handling these types or requests? I just can't picture a busy senator or congressman calling USCIS about a single case that was brought up to his/her attention. :huh:

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Question. When you contact your state representative, does he/she respond to you directly or do they have a group of people handling these types or requests? I just can't picture a busy senator or congressman calling USCIS about a single case that was brought up to his/her attention. :huh:

my congress man said he doesnt help till it gets to the embassy....

I spoke with the assistant of my congressman but the letter and info sent to me was signed by him. His assistant will be the one inquiring for me tomorrow. She did tell me that she called USCIS today and there IS a huge influx of visa apps. So we could be looking at another 45 day wait :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I spoke with the assistant of my congressman but the letter and info sent to me was signed by him. His assistant will be the one inquiring for me tomorrow. She did tell me that she called USCIS today and there IS a huge influx of visa apps. So we could be looking at another 45 day wait :angry:

That doesn't make sense. Are they all priority-filing employment-based visa people who get to pay $1000 to skip to the front of the line?

And did you say that somewhere else too, or are you the second person to give that 45 day figure?

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

That doesn't make sense. Are they all priority-filing employment-based visa people who get to pay $1000 to skip to the front of the line?

And did you say that somewhere else too, or are you the second person to give that 45 day figure?

I am the 2nd person to hear and give that 45 day figure. This sucks!

does that mean 45 days for a NO2.. whhat does that have to do with us... what about imbra people

I am telling you thats because of the cancellation of DCF... they have stopped all dcf resulting in a night mare. Any application AFTER january 26 is behind an avalanche of papers because thats teh day that they stopped all DCF... after that day all the normal dcf stuff started to be sent to the US. and they need to have vermont start handing the east coast.. this is wrong wrong that they get their stuff done so fast while cali is over loaded

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I can't believe this! I stayed off the computer for almost a whole week and still there is nothing. Now I'm reading that there might be another 45 days or so before anything happens?? This is so frustrating, especially when you think you are getting close to an NOA2.

Aaahhhhh!

Our Timeline:

01/29/2007 NOA1!

02/26/2007 Became officially engaged in Rome:)

05/03/2007 NOA2!!!

07/20/2007 Visa Interview in London! Approved!!

10/04/2007 Small private wedding!

04/19/2008 Big fancy shmancy wedding!

AOS Timeline:

10/18/2007 Sent entire AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago

10/19/2007 Package received in Chicago- signed for by V Bustamante

10/25/2007 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP.

10/26/2007 Check cashed.

11/28/2007 Biometrics appointment in Denver.

12/17/2007 EAD card production ordered!

12/27/2007 EAD card arrives.

12/31/2007 AP approved.

01/07/2008 AP received.

02/01/2008 AOS interview in Denver. APPROVED!

02/11/2008 Green Card received in mail!

Done until July 09' !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am telling you thats because of the cancellation of DCF... they have stopped all dcf resulting in a night mare. Any application AFTER january 26 is behind an avalanche of papers because thats teh day that they stopped all DCF... after that day all the normal dcf stuff started to be sent to the US. and they need to have vermont start handing the east coast.. this is wrong wrong that they get their stuff done so fast while cali is over loaded

Also H1B applications... and H1B's can have expedited processing which means they must be finished within 15 days. April 1 was the opening of the H1B 2008 filing window and the cap was reached very quickly... When in doubt, i-129F's go to the back burner

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.