MakeLoveLive

Tax Report Query

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there :) me & my fiancé have just got our NOA1 done :) just waiting on the NOA2!

I just had a tax report query regarding my fiancé's company housing.

My fiancé is fine with her slavery and makes just enough at the poverty guide line for the Affidavit form. The only thing is when it comes to the apartment she lives in, It's included in the job she works at. Company housing along with her salary. All thats in the tax report is what comes from her paycheck without including the company housing. Would this be an issue when it comes to me handing in my documents at the u.k. embassy.

thank you

Jon

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

You mean she is living in company quarters in the United States or in UK? Sorry, but there is a difference in the application on taxes.

In UK it would not be a big deal (because usually she would be sponsored). In which case she only needs to show she will move to the USA after your green card is approved.

If she is living in the USA, it might make a difference on how her taxes are done. She has to claim it all then versus overseas getting away with it. Tell her to check on her W-2 to see if there is a non-taxable income shown.

Usually line 14 would say something like Housing Allowance and then a money amount. If she has that, and a good CPA, don't worry about it. Otherwise, it should be included in line 1 of the W-2 and would be taxable but a write off up to $43000 in certain situations.

If she filed her taxes, and they accepted, she is probably ok.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.