19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

She should seek therapy for herself to acquire self esteem and self respect .She will be here in a few months saying she got married and she was battered and how to file Vawa. We are our choices , and she is making a big mistake because abusers do not change.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I am sorry but they are not married and things start of this bad... She should definitely go back home.

I know it's not easy, giving everything up and go to an other continent (Laaawd, most of us are doing it lol, that's love!) but if it starts bad for them, better leave before it gets worst. For the baby's sake, if the man is that violent to her, she should just go back home... Unless (& I'm sorry for this but we've seen it all) she wants to stay in the US..& then is kinda, totally using him.

Personally, I would totally go back home. I have no one to come back to especially since I am going against my family's will but I would find my way away. I wouldn't use someone I love to reach anything. But that's just me...

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Filed: Timeline

LOL I agree with you Bronco37!

OP: I guess time to pack up and go home?

Let me ask you to ask your friend this. If she was in her own country, what she'd do?

Next, if she is offended by this hitting or brushing or w/e she wants to call it, she needs to simply reconsider marriage options herself and take actions to uphold her own self esteem.

Last but, not the least, if "a brush on the head" is now becoming an issue to invoke VAWA provisions, husband tickling his wife or vice a versa can possibly be construed as aggravated second degree assault next. God forbid if tickling happened in the nether regions... aggravated sexual assault, spousal rape and what not. Seriously. people in this society need to get real.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP has thanked everyone for providing enough information to give to the couple. No further comments are necessary.

---

Important note: A nonmarrying K-1 entrant need not return to his/her home country. The requirement is that he/she "leave the U.S."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.