bronco37

Industry of Domestic Violence and Immigration

6 posts in this topic

The more I read through the posts here, I can't help but wonder if the laws to protect the vulnerable are actually truly working to protect them or not.

More often than not, laws to protect domestic violence victims are used as a sword instead of a shield in my beloved country.

My college friend was burnt alive in her matrimonial home because she chose to work and go to a school before she wanted to become a parent.

My friend's sister was thrown out of the house and was gangraped by her husband's friends because she was socially inferior to them.

Yes, all that really happened and all these people's spirits weep silently still when they see a moron with a scratch that runs to the government to claim VAWA benefits or to get even with the spouse or an ex.

Please do not trivialize domestic violence.

Think about this.. if you are not safe at your own home, where will you be safe at?

In today's world the only two people who do not benefit from VAWA provisions in most cases are the real victims and falsely accused while everyone else gets their cut.

To all immigrants, if you were really treated badly (please by all means first read the statute of the law) by your spouse whom you loved and left everything to get a better life here in U.S.A., please do seek abuse waiver towards your own pursuit of happiness; the rest of you posers, get the #### out of my country and stop clogging the justice system with your bullshit.

We need honest productive people who will take this country forward without burdening the taxpayers even more.

Stop contributing towards domestic violence industry, help upholding the law.

Edited by bronco37

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Like that is going to happen?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Not everyone came here for a better life, I came here because I fell in love with a USC. I agreed to come for 2 years and then we would go to live in my country. 7 years later and 2 kids I'm still here. My wife refuses to move.

I have not been given the same treatment as a woman would be given for domestic abuse, if I had, myself my kids and indeed my abusive wife would have given help.

It irks me that some scammer can marry a USC for 2 minutes then go running down the VAWA path. While genuine abused males have to carry on accepting the abuse because there is no real help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Effects of Major Family Changes forum to the General Immigration Discussion forum -- no specific personal issue is being discussed. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

John Devon you are wrong ,Vawa Law protects men and women abused. Read the Vawa threads you will find over 50 men approved .JUst yesterday the male member caruguy had his Vawa approved .

Yes a scratch qualifies for Vawa because any act of.violence is considered abuse ,even mental abuse is ground for Vawa. Some scammers fool the system ,but in general Vawa is saving lives.I had over 6.000 Vawa cases approved And 20% were men.

Just to.clarify here before some jerks post some. BS. I never charged one single dollar for Vawa fillers just in the VJ I helped over 500 people and all were approved .

This country provides shelters (2.200) for victims of DV.Any abused person can seek shelter,nobody has to endure.abuse.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline

John Devon you are wrong ,Vawa Law protects men and women abused. Read the Vawa threads you will find over 50 men approved .JUst yesterday the male member caruguy had his Vawa approved .

Yes a scratch qualifies for Vawa because any act of.violence is considered abuse ,even mental abuse is ground for Vawa. Some scammers fool the system ,but in general Vawa is saving lives.I had over 6.000 Vawa cases approved And 20% were men.

Just to.clarify here before some jerks post some. BS. I never charged one single dollar for Vawa fillers just in the VJ I helped over 500 people and all were approved .

This country provides shelters (2.200) for victims of DV.Any abused person can seek shelter,nobody has to endure.abuse.

From what I've read VAWA is gotten by people who have managed to get in a shelter or have escaped to a friends house. My wife has made sure I have no friends, she as told my family that the only reason I came to USA was to get away from them (completely not true). The last time I tried to get in a domestic abuse shelter I was taken to a shelter for homeless men. That place was much more scarier than my wife. At this shelter I was told that there was cheap apartments for homeless people but because I didn't work and was not a USC I could not apply for one. I mentioned to the guy who was interviewing me that I wanted to do VAWA he said he didn't know what I was talking about.

I looked into doing VAWA from home but was totally discouraged in case my wife found out and reversed the tables on me and trying to get to see a psychologist from home without my wife finding out is a no brainer.

In the end I went out and got a job (under the table) to please my wife, she makes sure she gets the money.

I'm fairly sure that there are hundreds of people like me whose only hope is for Obama to give a path to doing AOS.

If the domestic violence shelter would have taken me in just once I would have probably had got a green card by now and things would have been very different for me and my kids and I believe they only reason they didn't take me was because I am was a guy.

A guy who helps men of domestic violence also told of how the same shelter discriminated against males that he had tried to get into the shelter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.