siobhan36

WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS MEAN?

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I sent an email to csc to enquire about 3 petitions as the processing dates have past my NOA1 date.

This is the reply i got back and wondered what exactly does it mean .. over 6 months already has past :crying: , oh and is the search on my sons and myself or on my hubby or all of us?

Is this a standard reply?

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

Officer Hopkins

CSC

Edited by siobhan36

Siobhan,Yorkshire UK-Scott,Florida USA

CR1-I-130

May/06/08............NOA1 from Vermont

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Looks like on you had a name hit on the background check. They will not and cannot issue a visa until your name comes back cleared from FBI. Hang tight and hopefully you will be finalized soon. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Hi,

I sent an email to csc to enquire about 3 petitions as the processing dates have past my NOA1 date.

This is the reply i got back and wondered what exactly does it mean .. over 6 months already has past :crying: , oh and is the search on my sons and myself or on my hubby or all of us?

Is this a standard reply?

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

Officer Hopkins

CSC

You and I are stuck in the same black hole. CSC found a large fraud ring back in November, 2005. So they are selecting certain petitioners for additional background checks. What irks me is that my I-129F was approved without the additional checks.

I sugguest calling your congressperson and ask them to inquire with CSC.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I hope and pray that your case proceeds without further delay.

It is human lives which they are playing with and this requires utmost care and sensitivity.

It should not be in their hands to recklessly ruin people's lives.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Looks like on you had a name hit on the background check. They will not and cannot issue a visa until your name comes back cleared from FBI. Hang tight and hopefully you will be finalized soon. Good luck.

Mary

i agree with Mary... and I also don't think it would be a bad idea to contact your congressman...

wishing you all the best!

Blessings,

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi,

This is the reply i got back and wondered what exactly does it mean .. over 6 months already has past :crying: ,

Your case is not yet considered overdue in their system. When the posted processing date is 30+ days past your NOA date, then you can start an inquiry.

You're already here in the US? Are you going for Consular processing (back to home country)?

I know there are some pending I-130s for people who would love to be reunited in the US.

Since your NOA date is so close to the posted processing date, odds are very good that your file is on someone's desk now.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i'm sorry

best of luck to you.

I hope it goes by quickly..

out of curiosity.. is your real name a very "common" one?

Yabasta's Guh

Married Feburary 23rd 2005

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit with hubby in GA

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

sent I-864 02/23/06*

Visa Fee Bill recieved 02/27/06

03/07/06- called nvc.. they recieved visa fee bill and are sending out documents!!

03/07/06- called nvc and was notified RFE was being sent out.. :( !

03/07/06- requested 2005 tax transcripts (7-10 BUISNESSDAYS FOR ARRIVAL)

oh.. the wait.. is driving me mad...

03/11/-6 Recieved and RFE on I-864

03/14/06 - Recieved 230 (waiting on hubby's 230 in mail)

03/15/06- POSTED RFE PRIORITY MAIL

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

HUBBY WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!! ♥ .. waiting on visa in hand.. omg omg omg omg omggggggggggg!!

Bella/

My real name a "COMMON" one? -- actually my REAL name is Siobhan prounced Shi von, so the answer to your question is no its not common.

Meauxna

I am planning on returning back to London for the CR1 interview and yes im in the states right now.

The email to the CSC was just out of curiosity since the processing dates had changed.

I will just wait some more and hopefully one day soon i will get the NOA2 :P

CR1-I-130

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Siobhan36,

I think you need to involve your senator’s office. I have personal experience with TSC.

If you are in Texas get the help from Senator John H Craynon’s office they helped me a lot.

Best of luck.

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Bella/

My real name a "COMMON" one? -- actually my REAL name is Siobhan prounced Shi von, so the answer to your question is no its not common.

Meauxna

I am planning on returning back to London for the CR1 interview and yes im in the states right now.

The email to the CSC was just out of curiosity since the processing dates had changed.

I will just wait some more and hopefully one day soon i will get the NOA2 :P

Siobhan

I reckon its about time for your NOA 2 .

Ours took about 200 days and right now we are sending

the 864 and 230 in the next few days.

waiting for 23o pkg to arr fedex from Toronto, It arrived the day i left

tuesday 7th. sods law eh !

I am the "benny" and also the agent , my home is in Toronto

but I am a expat from england, right now I am here with my lovely wife

in Naples Florida for 3 weeks.

off to see the "stones" sunday night in lauderdale

cheers red d " roger" now thats a too common name from my era.

always liked Siobhan , first haerd the name in late sixtie when

Georgie Best ended up being looked after by Siobhan Cusack the actor.

where are you in Florida ??

Im near Cocoa Beach and around 50 mins drive from Orlando.

Have a great holiday :thumbs:

CR1-I-130

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.