4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am new to this site, which I found trying to get help with the IR1/CR1 process.

I am a US citizen and my husband is a Pakistani passport holder currently residing in the middle east.

We've been married for 1 year, I've been living in the US and he has remained in the middle east. I frequently visit him, we travel together, and he comes to visit the US.

I've just begun putting together the i130 packet and need advice on the evidence part. Since we don't permanently live together, we don't have any joint assets or bank accounts, bills, etc. I don't have boarding passes, tickets, etc. because we weren't planning on filing for his residence status until very recently.

So for evidence I am planning on including our marriage certificate, of course, as well as our son's birth certificate (he was born last month). As well as pictures. How many pictures should I include? I have several from when we were dating through now but I'm not sure how many should be sent or how they should be included. I'm leaning towards sending a lot, as I don't have other evidence. And since he is a young male from Pakistan, to prove a history of a relationship as well as to show that he's normal (aka not an extremist LOL). But I'm worried that sending too many might work against us? Any advice would be appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, Welcome to VJ :)

I think you don't need tons of evidence to prove that you have a bona fide marriage and I'm sure you both will have stamps on the passport when you travelled to and from USA, Middle East or any other country. These pages on the passport can be printed for evidence purposes.

what about the online chat and calls like Whatsapp, Skype or Facebook etc ? you can add them too.

You can add your husband on your credit card which is not very difficult to do.

Affidavits from third parties showing the personal knowledge of your marriage.(they don't have be notarised)

We added following for the evidence;

• Pakistani Marriage Certificate, English translation and Registration Certificate
  • Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by relatives and friends having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marriage
  • Proof of Joint bank and credit card accounts
  • Receipt of wedding ring
  • Pregnancy records and ultrasound
  • Pak Visas issued to the petitioner by Government of Pakistan
  • Travel documents showing beneficiary’s trips to England and Pakistan
  • Chat logs, Emails and Skype call records
  • Photos as evidence to bona fide relationship and marriage

I hope this helps :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the response! Sorry it took me a while to see it...

I sent in the application last week.. and got the acceptance text message and it stated that it was being sent to the Nebraska service center.

I ended up submitting a lot of pictures (around 50) from over a period of 2 years pre and post wedding, because I didn't really have any other evidence, apart from marriage and birth certificates.

I hope it goes well now. Although now I've made myself more nervous by researching online. My husband and I actually got married in the US and he entered on a B2 visa with the intent of coming for our wedding. However, he didn't stay after the wedding and at the time he didn't have the intention of living in the US. So I hope that doesn't work against us when they look at our marriage certificate... at the time of the wedding we were concerned more with wether we were breaking laws of him getting married on a B2 visa which we found that we were not. We did not think in the future it might work against us if we decided to apply for his immigration. Waiting for months is going to make me so anxious ! :)

My wife and I did not have many of the financial or other documents. I only provided our marriage certificate, and our son's birth certificate. I also included tons of photos. We were approved, no problem from the USCIS.

I would say, as long as he is in his home country during the process you should not worry about where you married. Others may know more.

Good luck to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.