AubreyJ

WTF?? Interview descheduled TWICE?!?!?!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm so pissed right now! I feel like my head is going to explode I'm so angry at "my" government right now. Twice. That's right, twice is the number of times they have made me pay the application fees that we can't afford, and twice is also now the number of times that our interview has been descheduled. We changed our plans for my husbands travel and first big job since he got here so that he could be back for this interview even though it was at another loss to us. We didn't apply for AP because we had our interview theoretically in time for us to travel (supposedly in DECEMBER!) to see my sick father in law this summer and it'll probably be OK, but now I don't know if we can in time.. They just keep making me madder and madder- and my hubby's not even here to comfort me right now, and I'm just going crazy. Aaaah! I'm sorry for rambling and I don't even know if this makes sense, but I just need someone else who knows how crazy and ###### up this system is to tell me that everything's going to be OK because no one else I know here can even understand....

10-2004 Meet my one and only

05-05-06 Picked up the VISA

05-22-06 My baby's home! Once day short of a full year apart

08-14-06 Married!!!

02-24-07 Green Card in Hand

07-21-07 The REAL Wedding in Ghana

06-12-08 Our beautiful baby joins our lives :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm so pissed right now! I feel like my head is going to explode I'm so angry at "my" government right now. Twice. That's right, twice is the number of times they have made me pay the application fees that we can't afford, and twice is also now the number of times that our interview has been descheduled. We changed our plans for my husbands travel and first big job since he got here so that he could be back for this interview even though it was at another loss to us. We didn't apply for AP because we had our interview theoretically in time for us to travel (supposedly in DECEMBER!) to see my sick father in law this summer and it'll probably be OK, but now I don't know if we can in time.. They just keep making me madder and madder- and my hubby's not even here to comfort me right now, and I'm just going crazy. Aaaah! I'm sorry for rambling and I don't even know if this makes sense, but I just need someone else who knows how crazy and ###### up this system is to tell me that everything's going to be OK because no one else I know here can even understand....

Why are you having to pay twice for the application fees?? If USCIS is the one changing the date of interview, you shouldn't be paying AOS fees again.

Mary

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

Just go to the interview anyhow. There was another thread where a couple's AOS was viewed abandoned because they didn't show up for the interview that they had received cancellation notices for :blink:

May 8, 2006 - sent 129F

May 9, 2006 - USCIS rec'd 129F

May 19, 2006 - NOA1 rec'd in mail

June 29, 2006 - Received & sent IMBRA RFE

June 30, 2006 - RFE delivered at CSC at 7:46am signed by J Arnett

July 24, 2006 - NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!

July 28, 2006 - Petition received at NVC

August 1, 2006 - Petition leaves NVC

August 15, 2006 - sent packet 3

August 21, 2006 - Medical

August 30, 2006 - Rec'd packet 4

October 2, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

October 4, 2006 - Visa in hand!!!

October 7, 2006 - POE at JFK and got EAD stamp!

October 21, 2006 - Received Social Security card

October 28, 2006 - Married!!!!!!

AOS/EAD

November 10, 2006 - Sent off AOS/EAD

November 16, 2006 - NOA1 for AOS and EAD

December 2, 2006 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD

January 23, 2007 - Without any touches, we get letter for interview in March

January 26, 2007 - EAD card production ordered

January 29, 2007 - EAD touch - Approval Notice Sent

February 1, 2007 -received EAD card

February 8, 2007 - AOS touch

March 6, 2007 - AOS Interview - approved pending FBI checks

May 25, 2007 & May 29, 2007 - AOS touch- yay! it's been awhile

May 30, 2007 - email notice Welcoming New Permanent Resident

June 6, 2007 - Greencard in hand

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 15, 2009 - Sent off I-751

April 10, 2009 - Biometrics

May 18, 2009 - APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED!!! Without any online updates

Timeline

We had to pay twice because of a mix up with the "customer service" line. We didn't get out NOA1 for so long, they told us to send in another application. Of course, eventually it was received and they filed both and everything we were told was wrong... We tried a lot to stop it but lo and behold... long story...

And lisanne, that is exactly what we're going to do! We're just going to pretend we never got the news! We'll see what happens..

Whoo, I'm a little more clear headed right now, but I'm still just as angry! I can't wait til this is over

08-14-06 Married!!!

And lisanne, that is exactly what we're going to do! We're just going to pretend we never got the news! We'll see what happens..

Have you received a cancellation letter, or just an email?

Bartek

Timeline

Bartek

Just an email at this point.. Last time we got the email and after that we got the letter in the mail.

08-14-06 Married!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

so sorry to hear of your situation. Please try and go to the cancelled interview so that they don't mark you as absent. That's what we're doing. plus i made an infopass so i can figure out what the problem is!

good luck!

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Just an email at this point.. Last time we got the email and after that we got the letter in the mail.

Do not even consider NOT going unless you get a cancellation letter by mail. Even then, many will recommend that you go anyway.

The thing is, this email may be about your previous interview date. It is not unusual for the online case status system to send emails a month or more after the fact. It also routinely sends multiple emails.

Bartek

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my heart goes out to ya. i bought plane tickets to visit her parents. i was granted days off from work. then we got an AOS interview date in the mail. we were happy but had to chang travel plans, changed dates on tickets and with my employer. everything seem great until we got another letter from uscis stating that her interview is cancelled due to some circumstances!!! great! she has a biometric appointment this coming saturday. what should we do??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Death is too good.

Dan & Sheryl (Twin Cities, MN and Calgary, AB Canada)

Feb 29 2004 - Met on LiveJournal.com

July 25 2005 - Things start to get 'romantic'

Nov 11 2005 - Met in person

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

March 6 2006 - I-129F sent

March 9 2006 - I-129F NOA1

June 10 Case Transfered to CSC - assured by USCIS that NOA1 date would be honored

July 3 2006 - IMBRA RFE in the mail

July 5 2006 - RFE sent with extra evidence (plane tickets, receipts, letters, emails, photos)

July 10 2006 - RFE received

Aug 8 2006 - Congressional inquiry - told 129F cases are processed based on IMBRA RFE

Sept 20 2006 - Called DHS - Was told another RFE was sent three weeks ago

Sept 21 2006 - Local USCIS office claims RFE is a request for 'initial' evidence - RFE must be lost or was never actually sent.

Sept 22 2006 - Congressional inquiry #2- told "We are working on your case, please allow 60 days" ARGGHH

Sept 26 2006 - 6 touches from all my investigating

Oct 16 2006 - Finally received the RFE that's been holding up our case. It's the IMBRA RFE that we already sent in and was verified received!

Oct 17 2006 - Senator Mark Dayton's office finally gets USCIS to pull out petition for special processing.

Oct 24 2006 - FINALLY APPROVED!

Jan 18 2007 - Interview in Vancouver / K-1 received

Jan 23 2007 - Sheryl enters the US with me

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.