claudi1176

AOS (K1) - letter from USCIS about missing medical even though I submitted it

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all,

I submitted all paperwork for the adjustment of status (K1, marriage in August) and just received a letter that says a completed and signed I693 was not submitted or all pages are not present

However, I did submit the medical exam (the sealed envelope), also I had gotten all my vaccinations beforehand.

I called the USCIS and talked to an officer, she stated, she could not let me know if they received the envelope and also she was not allowed to tell me what was missing. She stated it might be that I have to submit a vaccination record from a civil surgeon over here (why did I do all this then before the k1 medical examination).

It says to provide I693 at the interview...but I submitted it.

Has anybody had the same issues?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU ALL and good luck on your journey.

Claudia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi Claudia!

Did you get a copy of the form DS-3025 Vaccination Worksheet when you had your medical in your home country? Because you're supposed to submit a copy of it when you send your paperwork for AOS. Unless you're missing any vaccination, then you need to go see a civil surgeon that will complete and sign form I-693.

If you don't have the DS-3025, maybe you should go see a civil surgeon that will transcribe your vaccination.

N-400:

08/22/2020: filed online/NOA1

09/04/2020: biometric reuse notice
07/07/2021: interview scheduled

08/11/2021: interview —> approved/oath scheduled 

08/26/2021: oath ceremony 🇺🇸

Passport:

09/08/2021: application mailed (routine service)

09/14/2021: application received (locator #74)

10/23/2021: passport book received

10/29/2021: naturalization certificate received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What exactly did you submit with your AOS paperwork as far as medical/vaccinations go? DS-3025 from your K-1 medical? Did you see a civil surgeon for an I-693 and include it?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thank you for your answers. I did NOT receive a copy of DS 3025, however I did get all my vaccinations and brought all that to the civil surgeon. He said that was good, so I wouldn't have to do it in the US. All documents were send to the embassy and then all I received was the sealed envelop for AOS.

So, should I make an appointment and get the vaccination record???? I really do not understand why immigration officers won't tell me what exactly is missing....

Timeline

So you didn't submit anything regarding vaccination with your AOS paperwork? I think they want you to submit form I-693 since you didn't include a copy of DS-3025.

N-400:

Passport:

Timeline

Thank you for your answers. I did NOT receive a copy of DS 3025, however I did get all my vaccinations and brought all that to the civil surgeon. He said that was good, so I wouldn't have to do it in the US. All documents were send to the embassy and then all I received was the sealed envelop for AOS.

So, should I make an appointment and get the vaccination record???? I really do not understand why immigration officers won't tell me what exactly is missing....

You mean the panel physician in your country for the K-1 medical gave you a sealed envelope. I believe it is confusing people as to what you did and sent because civil surgeons are only in the US and provide an I-693.

I do not know what was in the sealed envelope they gave you at your K-1 medical, but it appears that they want you to get the vaccinations transcribed onto an I-693 by a civil surgeon. However, sometimes the medical document from the K-1 exam are lost and they want a new medical done. Can you post exactly what your RFE says, or remove personal info and post a scan of your actual RFE?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

You mean the panel physician in your country for the K-1 medical gave you a sealed envelope. I believe it is confusing people as to what you did and sent because civil surgeons are only in the US and provide an I-693.

I do not know what was in the sealed envelope they gave you at your K-1 medical, but it appears that they want you to get the vaccinations transcribed onto an I-693 by a civil surgeon. However, sometimes the medical document from the K-1 exam are lost and they want a new medical done. Can you post exactly what your RFE says, or remove personal info and post a scan of your actual RFE?

The panel physician in Germany filled out the I-693, without it, they wouldn't have given me the K1. Also, I got all required vaccinations and he recorded that. The sealed envelop I received with my K1, was submitted with the AOS, I know 10000000% I put it in there, I also put it on the table of contents.

So, it must be something inside that is missing and they won't tell me. As I called I did not receive any accurate information, honestly, I don't think that's right. If there is something missing, let me know, so I can get the info you need.....not sure if anybody has had the same problem or maybe if I could call again and a different officer would let me know what is missing.

So the RFE says: An initial review of evidence submitted with your application determined that form I693 has not been submitted or has been submitted and is not sufficient for the following reasons:

- A completed and signed I693 was not submitted or all pages or form I693 are not present

So now, I know I693 was submitted....so what could it be and WHY can they not just tell me what they need???

:/ a little worried....

Timeline

The sealed envelope that you get with K-1 is supposed to be handed over at POE when you enter the USA with K1 visa, so you didn't submit it at POE??

N-400:

Passport:

Timeline

I did hand the brown envelop over. The sealed envelop with medical you DO NOT hand over when you enter but mail it with AOS and that is what I did....sorry about the confusion.

Timeline

I'm confused because I only had one sealed envelope (the brown one) and I handed it over at POE. The doctor that you go to for your K1 medical doesn't fill out form I-693, but form DS-3025. It's the civil surgeons in the US who fill out form I-693 if your vaccination wasn't complete at your medical back in your home country. So if you didn't go to a civil surgeon in the US, you didn't submit form I-693 with your AOS.

N-400:

Passport:

Timeline

The panel physician in Germany filled out the I-693, without it, they wouldn't have given me the K1. Also, I got all required vaccinations and he recorded that. The sealed envelop I received with my K1, was submitted with the AOS, I know 10000000% I put it in there, I also put it on the table of contents.

So, it must be something inside that is missing and they won't tell me. As I called I did not receive any accurate information, honestly, I don't think that's right. If there is something missing, let me know, so I can get the info you need.....not sure if anybody has had the same problem or maybe if I could call again and a different officer would let me know what is missing.

So the RFE says: An initial review of evidence submitted with your application determined that form I693 has not been submitted or has been submitted and is not sufficient for the following reasons:

- A completed and signed I693 was not submitted or all pages or form I693 are not present

So now, I know I693 was submitted....so what could it be and WHY can they not just tell me what they need???

:/ a little worried....

Like I said, panel physicians abroad use DS(Dept. of State) forms, and not the I-693. The I-693 is used in the US by civil surgeons.

The Department of State (DOS) forms for medical examination of immigrant visa applicants, (DS-2053, DS-2054, DS-3024, DS-3030, DS-3025, and DS-3026)

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/medical-examination-faqs.html

Perhaps they did not open your sealed envelope from the K-1 medical, or perhaps your medical documents that were in the sealed envelope you turned in at your POE were lost and not in your file. You can call and ask to speak to a tier 2 immigration officer to ask about your case status and maybe find out exactly why the RFE was issued, or make an Infopass and go in person to ask about it.

EDITED TO ADD> Just re-read this and realized something. You said you stated on your cover letter that you had included an I-693? Perhaps the person processing your case saw that, then did not find an I-693 included, since you did not see a civil surgeon to get one. Just a thought.

I'm confused because I only had one sealed envelope (the brown one) and I handed it over at POE. The doctor that you go to for your K1 medical doesn't fill out form I-693, but form DS-3025. It's the civil surgeons in the US who fill out form I-693 if your vaccination wasn't complete at your medical back in your home country. So if you didn't go to a civil surgeon in the US, you didn't submit form I-693 with your AOS.

Some countries, like Germany, give separate copies of the medical documents for them to send in with their AOS paperwork.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Timeline

Like I said, panel physicians abroad use DS(Dept. of State) forms, and not the I-693. The I-693 is used in the US by civil surgeons.

Perhaps they did not open your sealed envelope from the K-1 medical, or perhaps your medical documents that were in the sealed envelope you turned in at your POE were lost and not in your file. You can call and ask to speak to a tier 2 immigration officer to ask about your case status and maybe find out exactly why the RFE was issued, or make an Infopass and go in person to ask about it.

Some countries, like Germany, give separate copies of the medical documents for them to send in with their AOS paperwork.

Oh ok! Thanks for clarifying :)

N-400:

Passport:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.