Bosco

SOTU

39 posts in this topic

I was wondering how many MENA spouses watched the SOTU. I know some of the Arabic networks now carry it live with translation. I think the latest had particular interest because of the troop increase. What do they think of the president?

My husband is quite interested in U.S. politics, particular foreign policy. Any others? Any spouses eager to become citizens and vote?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I was wondering how many MENA spouses watched the SOTU. I know some of the Arabic networks now carry it live with translation. I think the latest had particular interest because of the troop increase. What do they think of the president?

My husband is quite interested in U.S. politics, particular foreign policy. Any others? Any spouses eager to become citizens and vote?

Whats the SOTU? :unsure:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband found it interesting and me having a degree in poli sci was interjecting all these little factoids into who they were showing, procedures, etc. (I'm a dork I know). In general he doesn't like Bush that much (nor do I for that matter), the longer he's here the more interested he's becoming in the process. He's really "wowed" by the prospect that our son could someday be the President of the US if he wanted to. I think coming from a kingdom it's a neat idea. (Just like we think it would be sooo cool to be a real princess, queen etc!). He did get his selective service card the other day and was a bit put off by the notion that he may have to involuntarily serve in the US army were there to be a draft. He said he would move back to Morocco first. But I think his sentiment was shock as he didn't realize that was the case. The longer he is here the more interested and Americanized he is becoming. When he first came I thought he would always hate it here and never want anything to do with anything American. He still says "I came here because you were here, not because I ever wanted to come to America." *Sigh* adjustments, adjustments

State of the Union Address

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

State of the Union

ETA: Amera already had it!

Edited by Bosco

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My fiance watched it, he actually gets alot of Ameican channels on satalite. The talk about increasing the troops is definitly a buzz over in the Middle East. I think alot of people have lost alot of respect for Bush from what little they had before. My fiance used to be a supporter of Bush but as many has changed his opinion. Not only is he against Bush, but he is against the US Military being in Iraq as are many Arabs. Its not surprising to me that there is such an uproar overthere regarding the increase in troops because they want the troops that are there gone. I don't think anyone sees the point of it anymore, including myself.

He has always had an interest in US politics and like Rebecca said, foreign policy being the most important, and always keeps current with them.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

He did get his selective service card the other day and was a bit put off by the notion that he may have to involuntarily serve in the US army were there to be a draft. He said he would move back to Morocco first. But I think his sentiment was shock as he didn't realize that was the case.

On a side note - Morocco just went all-volunteer military.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Yes we watched it. Mahmoud is very interested in U.S. politics -- and yes, especially foreign policy, as it has such an impact on his land and his people.

As you might guess, he does not have a very high opinion of George W.'s performance.

He is definitely planning to apply for citizenship, and looks forward to having the privilege of voting here.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

One thing I have noticed when talking to other Arabs is how surprised they are that leader of the U.S.A is such a poor speaker, has anyone else encountered the same opinion?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
He did get his selective service card the other day and was a bit put off by the notion that he may have to involuntarily serve in the US army were there to be a draft.

Really? Is there an age cutoff for that? I never knew that!!!

Usama watched it but I didn't. He told me that he talked about the troops, etc. We try not to talk about politics over the web just because you never know who's listening. :)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hicham doesn't like Bush's policies in terms of the military and the war in Iraq. He really just doesn't care for Bush and that's why we get along so well.

Timeline
Hicham doesn't like Bush's policies in terms of the military and the war in Iraq. He really just doesn't care for Bush and that's why we get along so well.

but does he think Bush is dumb? :lol:

Who doesn't?!?!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Who doesn't?!?!

bushcorn0nu.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Who doesn't?!?!

bushcorn0nu.jpg

Now THAT is a bright man. Just looking at the photo you can tell he is very intelligent. :lol:

Now THAT is a bright man. Just looking at the photo you can tell he is very intelligent. :lol:

When my parents travel the ME/NA, they hear criticism very specific to Bush and his policies; however, the American people are generally respected. This was my experience too. Some had great Bush jokes to tell!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.