Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

N400 form question - time outside USA

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am sure this has been asked before. Apologies in advance.

I am applying based on 3-year rule, marriage to the USC and have two N400 questions:

- Part 8: Time outside the USA - Do I substitute 5 years with 3 years? I have arrived on K1 on 8/6/2011. The confusion is whether I need to list any trips before the arrival to the USA. The answer is probably no, but I want to check

- Part 9: Information about your marital status - I have been married once before and I am currently married. Do i put 2 in question #3?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


yes for both, it's since you became a LPR and you have been married twice, and divorced once, but you still have to put previous marriages on the N400, for you and or your husband

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.