karimaelo

IV Application Processing Fees

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have paid AOS fees of 88$, transaction date shows Aug-14-2014 and status is PAID. When I log in I cannot pay the other IV Application fee. Checkbox is disabled and total amount selected is 0. When am I supposed to be able to select the IV package fees and pay it. By the way I haven't sent AOS package yet as I am waiting to get some documents.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

IV fee is related to when you sent in the DS261. I think lately it has really varied on when IV fee is available to pay after submitting the DS261. Mine was about 1 month.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

Marriage : 2014-02-14

U S C I S

I-130 Sent : 2014-02-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-02-28

I-130 RFE : 2014-07-05

I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-07-07

I-130 Approved : 2014-07-16 :thumbs:

N V C

NVC Received : 2014-07-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-08-11

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-13

Send AOS Package : 2014-08-14

Scan AOS Package : 2014-08-18

Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-12

Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-11

Pay IV Bill : 2014-09-12

Send IV Package : 2014-09-09

Scan IV Package : 2014-09-10

DS-260 COMPLETE : 2014-09-15

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-10-17 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Interview Date Via Phone call to NVC: 2014-12-02

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2014-11-03

Visa Approved: 2014-12-02

Thanks for your prompt reply.

So I have to wait. Nothing I have to do about it? I am using https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx and I provide my case number and IIN. I tried logging in as applicant and I also tried selecting I am a petitioner but the same thing is shown.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My friend just payed his IV. He had to wait about 5 weeks for that fee to show up and be available to pay. While he was waiting he filled out and sent out all of the documents that were instructed.

My friend just payed his IV. He had to wait about 5 weeks for that fee to show up and be available to pay. While he was waiting he filled out and sent out all of the documents that were instructed.

Thanks,

I will wait another one week, then I will call NVC to check with them.

it can take up to 60 days from DS-261 submission to the IV invoice. They will tell you to wait the 60 days.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

That's true. If you can get a hold of them. My friend called every day one week and still did not get through to NVC

You have to press redial multiple times. If all you try is once or even 3 times, the chances of getting through is very slim. Sometimes you hit redial 20, 50, + times.

Plus they are open M-F, 7am - midnight EST. So pick an early or late time to call.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline

Mine took almost 2 months between when I submitted DS-261 and when the IV fee became available. I called them after a month and they just told me to keep waiting!

ps. They sent me an email when the IV fee became available to pay- so you probably can wait on that.

12/27/12 - Married in Bamako, Mali

11/12/13 - I-130 package sent

11/15/13 - NOA1

05/27/14 - NOA2

06/16/14 - Case received NVC

07/01/14 - Case number assigned

07/21/14 - DS-261 completed

07/25/14 - AOS bill paid

07/30/2014 - AOS package sent

08/18/2014 - add-on AOS package sent (learned that I should have sent 2 separate I-864s even though the cases are joined...oops!)

09/19/2014 - IV bill paid

09/26/2014 - AOS checklist received

11/09/2014 - DS 260 completed online

12/22/2014 - AOS checklist package and IV documents scan date

03/02/2015 - Case Complete!!! (70 days)

04/02/2015 - Interview in Dakar (221g - Needed to verify a court document)

04/21/2015- Visas in hand!!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I received an email regarding the availability of Package IV and I paid the fees.

I have a question here since I have not sent AOS package yet, can I send both AOS docs and package IV docs together in the same shipment package but of course in separate envelopes??

I have read this from:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process#Step_4_-_AOS_Package

• Note: the two packages (AOS and IV) can either be mailed separately or together. Either one works. Again, as long as NVC receives it, that's all that matters. If you do decide to mail them together, I suggest putting each in a separate manila envelope (and clearly mark it and write "AOS" or "IV" on each one), then putting both manila envelopes inside the shipping envelope. [uPDATE: Since there is such a delay between the two tracks now (if one doesn't have a lawyer), it's recommended to send the AOS package as soon as possible. Otherwise, you'll be waiting close to 2 months before you can send the IV package. If you have a lawyer, this won't affect anything and you can, if you choose, to send the two packages at the same time.]

I don't have a lawyer!

Finally I received an email regarding the availability of Package IV and I paid the fees.

I have a question here since I have not sent AOS package yet, can I send both AOS docs and package IV docs together in the same shipment package but of course in separate envelopes??

I have read this from:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process#Step_4_-_AOS_Package

I don't have a lawyer!

The NVC currently want you to send both the AOS and the IV package at the same time. So yes, do that. They will now not review anything until everything is present.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.