Livelyjo

update on my expedite at NVC

18 posts in this topic

So after many calls, I was finally told by NVC that my case was in fact expedited but that the embassy requires me to send nvc all my docs. I still have to wait 60 days for them to review it. I wasted 21 days because they didnt tell me I had to send in my docs, in fact I was tokd the opposite, precious time wasted. Someone told me to send my packages attention pi supervisor sue/ expedited case, then someone else told me that doesnt make them review my papers faster. Another lady told me it will take them a few days to review my aos. Then I was told yesterday by two people that I needed to wait the 60 days.

What is the point of the expedited?

Anyone with similar situation?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, I have a similar situation! I had my expedite approved and the email said to send the docs to PI Supervisor, which I did. I called awhile back and a representative said that I had to wait for the AOS packet to be approved since they had already been sent when I requested the expedite. He told me that the IV docs should be approved quickly since they were sent to the PI Supervisor.

I just called today to find out if my AOS was reviewed and the representative said it was on Monday but now I had to wait the 60 days for the IV docs to be reviewed. I said that I had sent them to the PI Supervisor and she said they are all reviewed the same way! WTH! I thought about calling a 3rd time get a tie-breaker between the two different stories but I emailed the expedite people instead. I will let you know what/if I find out anything.

Timeline

By pass to supervisor. They kept telling my hubby the same garbage and he asked to speak directly to a tier 3 who took control of it and the 30 days we were told took one week from expedite request to case complete. It isn't easy to get a tier 3 but then hubby can be a very professional pit bull. He actually told a very rude rep that his query was above her pay grade. He was transferred to a tier 2 and he requested a tier 3.

USCIS:

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-08-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-05-10

I-130 RFE : 2013-12-17

I-130 RFE Sent : 2013-12-30 (they lost his picture)

I-130 Approved : 2014-01-13

NVC:

NVC Received : 2014-02-21

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-03-10

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-10

Submit DS-261 : 2014-03-10

DS-261 form reject- under review: NVC keeps saying the form is incorrect. They made an error for two months re this form.

Checklist 1 AOS : They wanted 2013 even though we filed before the end of tax season

Receive IV Bill : 2014-05-23

Pay IV Bill : 2014-05-23

Send IV Package : 2014-05-26

Checklist 2 AOS : 2014-06-06 Issue with resubmitted I-864 form - did not auto populate one of the numbers

Requested Expedite : 2014-07-11

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-07-18

Consulate Received : 2014-07-25

Embassy:

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2014-07-29

Medical : 2014-07-31

Interview : 2014-08-08 - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE Miami: 2014-09-09

So after many calls, I was finally told by NVC that my case was in fact expedited but that the embassy requires me to send nvc all my docs. I still have to wait 60 days for them to review it. I wasted 21 days because they didnt tell me I had to send in my docs, in fact I was tokd the opposite, precious time wasted. Someone told me to send my packages attention pi supervisor sue/ expedited case, then someone else told me that doesnt make them review my papers faster. Another lady told me it will take them a few days to review my aos. Then I was told yesterday by two people that I needed to wait the 60 days.

What is the point of the expedited?

Anyone with similar situation?

I am really sorry to hear about your troubles. I got my expedite request denied, and somehow, I am kind of happy that it got denied. When I submitted my request, I had no idea what the process involved. I just have to wait for my IV fee bill to ready to be paid. Good luck girl!

Yes, I have a similar situation! I had my expedite approved and the email said to send the docs to PI Supervisor, which I did. I called awhile back and a representative said that I had to wait for the AOS packet to be approved since they had already been sent when I requested the expedite. He told me that the IV docs should be approved quickly since they were sent to the PI Supervisor.

I just called today to find out if my AOS was reviewed and the representative said it was on Monday but now I had to wait the 60 days for the IV docs to be reviewed. I said that I had sent them to the PI Supervisor and she said they are all reviewed the same way! WTH! I thought about calling a 3rd time get a tie-breaker between the two different stories but I emailed the expedite people instead. I will let you know what/if I find out anything.

Yeap! They need to get their stuff together. I just paid for my IV bill and I'm kinda glad I didn't get forwarded to the embassy. Saves me some money! Keep me updated. I'm waiting the 60 for my AOS. I was told the very same thing they told you. I'm just waiting for my husband to mail me the IV docs and when i send it to them and it gets scanned I will call again to see if they can expedite the process.

By pass to supervisor. They kept telling my hubby the same garbage and he asked to speak directly to a tier 3 who took control of it and the 30 days we were told took one week from expedite request to case complete. It isn't easy to get a tier 3 but then hubby can be a very professional pit bull. He actually told a very rude rep that his query was above her pay grade. He was transferred to a tier 2 and he requested a tier 3.

Please advise me how can I get a tier 3 supervisor. I would love to know for when the moment comes. Right now they question you as to why do you need to speak to a supervisor. I asked to speak to supervisor Sue and the girl told me what it was about and I told her and she said "oh I can help with that" and went on to answer my question.

I am really sorry to hear about your troubles. I got my expedite request denied, and somehow, I am kind of happy that it got denied. When I submitted my request, I had no idea what the process involved. I just have to wait for my IV fee bill to ready to be paid. Good luck girl!

Sorry to hear, but you are almost there!

my expedite request is now under review. how many days do i have to wait for the decision?

(F) USCIS

19 February 2014 - Sent I-130

20 February 2014 - Received at Texas Service Center

24 February 2014 - NOA 1

29 May 2014 - I-130 Approval/NOA2

05 June 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

(F) NVC

01 July 2014 - Case received

14 July 2014 - Case Number, IIN, and BIN assigned

29 July 2014 - DS -261 Available and complete

02 August 2014 - AOS Bill invoiced and paid

04 August 2014 - AOS Bill "PAID" status

04 August 2014 - AOS Package sent

06 August 2014 - AOS Package scanned at NVC

02 September 2014 - Expedite Request sent

09 September 2014 - IV Package sent with AOS Cover

12 September 2014 - IV Package scanned at NVC

10 September 2014 - Expedite Request under review e-mail

11 September 2014 - IV Bill invoiced and paid

12 September 2014 - IV Bill "PAID" status

14 September 2014 - DS-260 Completed online

16 September 2014 - Expedite request approved

15.October.2014 - Case complete

XX.XX.2014 - Interview scheduled

(F) Embassy

XX.XX.2014 - Medical

XX.XX.2014 - Interview

XX.XX.2014 - Visa in hand

XX.XX.2014 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Our expedite request is also "under review". Not sure if we need to contact the embassy to check on it or the NVC. Also not sure how long it takes for them to review it.

6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Our expedite request is also "under review". Not sure if we need to contact the embassy to check on it or the NVC. Also not sure how long it takes for them to review it.

When you request an expedite, the NVC sends it to the embassy. Depending on how fast your embassy is, you should hear something within 2 weeks. The NVC has nothing to do with the decision. If you are approved, the NVC will just forward your case to the embassy and they will continue the process there. You should have included 2 phone numbers for the beneficiary in your request. If you already sent packages to the NVC , you are pretty much out of luck. The NVC receives thousands of pieces of mail a day. They will not sort through and look for a specific package. My suggestion is, if you didn't send anything in yet, hold off until you hear the decision about your expedite.

IMO, there are so many people requesting expedites, I feel like they will start getting strict and stop granting them.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

When you request an expedite, the NVC sends it to the embassy. Depending on how fast your embassy is, you should hear something within 2 weeks. The NVC has nothing to do with the decision. If you are approved, the NVC will just forward your case to the embassy and they will continue the process there. You should have included 2 phone numbers for the beneficiary in your request. If you already sent packages to the NVC , you are pretty much out of luck. The NVC receives thousands of pieces of mail a day. They will not sort through and look for a specific package. My suggestion is, if you didn't send anything in yet, hold off until you hear the decision about your expedite.

IMO, there are so many people requesting expedites, I feel like they will start getting strict and stop granting them.

I e-mailed the embassy today to inquire about the expedite request and offer any assistance I could in helping them in their determination, and I received an e-mail stating

We will contact you as soon as we receive the file from NVC. The consular officer approved your request for expeditious processing.

Sincerely,

U.S.Embassy Bucharest

Immigrant Visa unit

So now, we need to know how long it will take for it to get from NVC to the embassy, and what to expect at that point. We need to have our Joint Sponsor's documents priority mailed to us asap and want to make sure we have time for that.

Any advice for us at this point LoveMy?

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

Timeline

Yeap! They need to get their stuff together. I just paid for my IV bill and I'm kinda glad I didn't get forwarded to the embassy. Saves me some money! Keep me updated. I'm waiting the 60 for my AOS. I was told the very same thing they told you. I'm just waiting for my husband to mail me the IV docs and when i send it to them and it gets scanned I will call again to see if they can expedite the process.

I just spoke to Nicki and asked her about the IV docs getting sent to the PI Supervisor. She said that it IS processed separately from the others and that it should be quicker! Best of luck to you!

my expedite request is now under review. how many days do i have to wait for the decision?

The expedites are approved by the embassy, so it will probably be different timing for each one.

Thanks a million!!! :) Fingers crossed. Let's see what happens.

Best for you guys as well. Stay in touch!

I just spoke to Nicki and asked her about the IV docs getting sent to the PI Supervisor. She said that it IS processed separately from the others and that it should be quicker! Best of luck to you!

The expedites are approved by the embassy, so it will probably be different timing for each one.

Timeline

They notify the NVC they cannot/will not expedite your request and do consular filing and the NVC sends you an e-mail that they denied it and you continue processing as normal through the NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.